GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 05:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 01:13
Hello!

I had the opportunity to interview with Ms. Amanda a couple of days back.
The interview was pretty chill; She ensures that the candidate is comfortable with the interview and there is no hint of stress.

The questions were mostly general. Why MBA?, Why William and Mary? Things like that.

There were a couple of situational questions asking me how I would react to a hypothetical situation. Also a couple more questions on my personal profile/resume. All in all it went well.

Regarding the results, I was told that we would have them by first week of March.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 08:11
Just got done with my interview and feeling good about it.

I interviewed with Mrs. Amanda Barth. The interview was short and sweet, absolutely personable and flowed naturally from one question to the next. Some of the questions were:

1. Tell me what do you do at your current company (and about your professional experience).

2. Personal questions on one of my job positions / international experience.

3. Why MBA? Short term and long term goals.

4. What is the most difficult thing about leading a team in your experience?

5. How are you as a leader (what would your team talk about you)?

6. How will you contribute to Mason community?

7. Why Mason?

7 Questions for me?

Overall, great experience. She knew my essays and resume by heart and was expecting my answers to stay in line with those.

Advice - Know your story real well, and talk candidly. Amanda makes sure you are put at ease and will start the interview with some ice-breaker topics / small talk, so go in feeling relaxed! Enjoy the process.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 06:33
Guys,

I have been admitted to College of W&M with Mason scholar award (full tuition). Is there a whatsapp group of the admitted students ? Did you get any other offers? I have few more so I am really in difficult place. I have no idea how to decide.

Regards
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Mason '20 (M$)
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 07:13
blazov wrote:
Guys,

I have been admitted to College of W&M with Mason scholar award (full tuition). Is there a whatsapp group of the admitted students ? Did you get any other offers? I have few more so I am really in difficult place. I have no idea how to decide.

Regards

Congrats! Shoot me a message with your contact info and I'll get you added to the whatsapp.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 12:17
Just got the e-mail - admitted with $$$.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 12:25
Ackingston wrote:

Congrats! Message me your info if you would like to be added to the whatsapp.

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 12:34
Jessica2020 wrote:
Ackingston wrote:

Congrats! Message me your info if you would like to be added to the whatsapp.

Thanks Jessica! As positive as the experience was with W&M, I've decided to join Krannert in the fall. Best of luck to all of you and enjoy your time in Williamsburg!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE: General Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 20:40
Received the Admit Letter today! In with $$ and GA!

But will be waiting for decisions from other schools before I take the plunge. Definitely had a positive experience with W&M all throughout, so it would be interesting to see if I will be attending it in Fall 2018!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 00:15
I got admitted with $$$. Really into W&M with everything from program, people to the town. But the remaining tuition is still too high, but I'm not at a good position to take loan. :(
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kelley '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 05:13
I do not know how much you guys mean by using $$$ or $$ :). I really love W&M, mostly by talking with people of W&M. I was also admitted with scholarship and GA but the remaining costs are still over my pocket. Is there any change to negotiate?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 05:25
Congrats everyone! It's nice to see this thread more active :) If anyone would like to be added to the whatsapp we have for admitted students send me a message with your info. We have people who have decided on W&M and some who are still thinking in there :) We would love to have you!

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 05:32
Guys - if you aren’t in position to take out a loan, you can always defer your admission to the following year and save some money. Hopefully you have a good reason, because I don’t know that simply saying you don’t want to take out a loan is good enough. If there is a reason you can’t borrow for school, let them know and come up with a plan for your deferral. You can always do more things to additional or better funding (promotion at work, higher GMAT, etc.).

As far as negotiations for more money are concerned, you can absolutely do that if you aren’t satisfied. If there is a reason you need more money that wasn’t articulated in the admissions process, then you can share those with the committee (maybe you won’t make as much money this year or you had a death in the family that is causing you financial burden). If you have stronger offers from other schools, you can use those as well. Just send an e-mail letting W&M know they are your top choice, but you received xyz amount from this other school. Feel free to attach the other offer to the e-mail to prove you aren’t bluffing. They won’t let students who show good promise go over a couple thousand dollars.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 05:55
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let any lurkers know that even though our thread here is quiet, we have a very active whatsapp. If you have been admitted and want to join just message me with your information!

Intern
Intern
Schools: Mason '20 (A$)
GMAT 1: 620 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 22:35
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the W&M MBA program.

I was reading here that there is a WhatsApp group for the class of 2020, please add me to that group. Let's connect.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 21:13
Hi guys and gals,

Another admitted student at W&M here. Please add me to the whatsapp group.
I'm also curious about the GA you are talking about. Do you get that for first year already?

Cheers,
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2018, 20:27
Does anyone know if it's possible to earn a scholarship after the first semester?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 04:57
plantlife wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to earn a scholarship after the first semester?

Hi plantlife!

I am not sure on that. I believe the offers are typically made at admission, but I would reach out to the admissions office and ask them. The staff there are all really nice! I do know that in our 2nd year we have the opportunity to apply for a graduate assistantship position which helps a little bit financially.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 05:52
Thanks for the info!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 17:01
How is the housing situation in Williamsburg? Was anyone able to get on campus housing?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 18 Jun 2018, 17:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 59 posts ] 

Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap