It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 00:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2014
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2015, 00:02
Guys,
Another question :
When we add referees in the app, do we need to mention their official email ids ? For my case, one of them , I had sent one of them in the personal email id.
Is there a way to edit the email id after they have already sent the recos ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2015, 00:33
pqt wrote:
Guys,
Another question :
When we add referees in the app, do we need to mention their official email ids ? For my case, one of them , I had sent one of them in the personal email id.
Is there a way to edit the email id after they have already sent the recos ?



You should not worry about using a personal email-id.
But if you still are, and provided that your recommender hasn't submitted his/her letter yet, you should call up the AdCom and ask them to help you in changing the email-id.
There is no option in the application portal where you can manually change the email-id. I had looked for it and couldn't find any.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2015, 09:01
pqt wrote:
A small query :
In the uploaded docs section, I have uploaded the gmat official student copy report. (I had anyways requested scores to be sent to Sauder during GMAT)
But that report also has the list of 4 other schools, I have sent the scores to (during my GMAT)
Is that something a matter of concern ?
Should I remove that page from the document before uploading for any other school ?


I did remove it to be on the safer side. Even though they know, I did not want to be explicit that I am considering options. It is best to show that you are quite interested in them. Not that them seeing the other schools is going to affect your chances in any way, so don't be bothered about it now.
For the other schools, if you have not already done it, better considering removing that page.

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2015, 09:12
pqt wrote:
Guys,
Another question :
When we add referees in the app, do we need to mention their official email ids ? For my case, one of them , I had sent one of them in the personal email id.
Is there a way to edit the email id after they have already sent the recos ?


Hi pqt, Yes, almost all business schools prefer official mail ids of referees. How else would they that your references are legitimate? Please write to the support id mba@sauder.ubs.ca and request them to edit the email id. They kindly do that and also retrigger the email for us. I had a typo in one of the email ids I had entered and they helped me out with it.
Hope this helps.

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2014
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2015, 09:29
What if the recommender , who happens to be my supervisor is uncomfortable in using his official email id (the mails are being tracked very minutely, which can actually put both him and me under scrutiny:))
In that case, I have no option but personal email id to use.
Is there a way we can mention this to adcom. I know Sauder doesn't explicitly ask for work ids but in case of schools which do ask, what are we supposed to do ?
Do we add that in optional essay info ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2015, 09:47
pqt wrote:
What if the recommender , who happens to be my supervisor is uncomfortable in using his official email id (the mails are being tracked very minutely, which can actually put both him and me under scrutiny:))
In that case, I have no option but personal email id to use.
Is there a way we can mention this to adcom. I know Sauder doesn't explicitly ask for work ids but in case of schools which do ask, what are we supposed to do ?
Do we add that in optional essay info ?


That's a tricky situation.. I managed to choose a couple of my previous supervisors without such issues cropping up. I specifically avoided my current supervisor. Your situation is valid and I think adcoms do understand these. I'm not sure how you'd add this to your optional essays, but would definitely recommend you get in touch with the adcom. I see you are in the US and as such it would be easy for you to call Sauder's toll free number and discuss this.

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 12:34
Hey guys
Has anyone received an interview invite yet?...
I submitted my app on 22nd oct...yet to hear back.

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 22:26
manojsundar1 wrote:
Hey guys
Has anyone received an interview invite yet?...
I submitted my app on 22nd oct...yet to hear back.



not yet, we shall expect to start hearing by 15th November. They mentioned that it will take at least 2 weeks to review the application, post deadline.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2014
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 01:38
Another small question regarding recommendations :
My supervisor has known me since March,15 and he has written a reco for me. Will that duration (March till now) be good enough for a reco ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 19:25
pqt wrote:
Another small question regarding recommendations :
My supervisor has known me since March,15 and he has written a reco for me. Will that duration (March till now) be good enough for a reco ?

At the risk of repeating the suggestion to the same query on the Schulich forum, here goes:-
I would say, it will, for one of the recos. You could choose the other from another supervisor who has known you longer (if that is the immediate predecessor, super!). The main thing all AdComs seem to look for is that the recommender should have known you well at work and be able to speak of "Why You" convincingly. Looked at in another light, you would be better off than somebody who takes a reco from a superior high up the ladder just for the 'weight', when that person may not directly deal with/ know traits of the candidates. So all said and done, I guess a frank discussion with your current supervisor should work out well for you! IMHO!

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 19:54
pqt wrote:
What if the recommender , who happens to be my supervisor is uncomfortable in using his official email id (the mails are being tracked very minutely, which can actually put both him and me under scrutiny:))
In that case, I have no option but personal email id to use.
Is there a way we can mention this to adcom. I know Sauder doesn't explicitly ask for work ids but in case of schools which do ask, what are we supposed to do ?
Do we add that in optional essay info ?


There is no problem using personal email IDs. I did, and sent the AdCom a mail explaining why I was doing the same. The reasons were similar to yours, but in a different kind of organization/ framework. They do understand and will concur the use of personal mails when the situation so demands. Just go ahead (if not already done!)

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 28

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 11:23
From Sauder site:

University fees are normally reviewed and adjusted in April or May preceding the commencement of each academic year. UBC is currently considering a proposal to raise the international fees for the UBC MBA to $66,000. Should this proposal be approved by the Board of Governors, it will apply to the August 2016 entering class. The University may adjust fees at any time with without advance notice.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 19:01
PaulArcher wrote:
From Sauder site:

University fees are normally reviewed and adjusted in April or May preceding the commencement of each academic year. UBC is currently considering a proposal to raise the international fees for the UBC MBA to $66,000. Should this proposal be approved by the Board of Governors, it will apply to the August 2016 entering class. The University may adjust fees at any time with without advance notice.


Wow! That would be almost a 50% hike in fees at one shot.
But the +ve is that it is still way below the fees at other top rung schools (read Rotman, Schulich etc), amongst the 2 year programmes. Another plus is that Sauder is just a 16-month course, with an internship included, so the time off work considerably reduces = higher RoI.
"Find opportunity even in adversity" !
Any views on the subject, people? :)
And anybody yet interviewed?

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 10:58
shyamnambiar wrote:
PaulArcher wrote:
From Sauder site:

University fees are normally reviewed and adjusted in April or May preceding the commencement of each academic year. UBC is currently considering a proposal to raise the international fees for the UBC MBA to $66,000. Should this proposal be approved by the Board of Governors, it will apply to the August 2016 entering class. The University may adjust fees at any time with without advance notice.


Wow! That would be almost a 50% hike in fees at one shot.
But the +ve is that it is still way below the fees at other top rung schools (read Rotman, Schulich etc), amongst the 2 year programmes. Another plus is that Sauder is just a 16-month course, with an internship included, so the time off work considerably reduces = higher RoI.
"Find opportunity even in adversity" !
Any views on the subject, people? :)
And anybody yet interviewed?


Not me, still waiting. Hey by the way, do we notice any changes in the application or does it just stay as such and we notified only by an email?

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 23:09
still waiting for the interview..does everyone who has submitted the application get an interview call or is it only a select few?...My application status still says"App Submitted"..However,when i mailed sauder,they replied that they will need 2 weeks minimum due to the high volume of applications to start sending invites.

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 06:44
manojsundar1 wrote:
still waiting for the interview..does everyone who has submitted the application get an interview call or is it only a select few?...My application status still says"App Submitted"..However,when i mailed sauder,they replied that they will need 2 weeks minimum due to the high volume of applications to start sending invites.


I think Sauder invites are only just about starting to go out. So nothing to worry. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Current Student
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 06:46
VijayG6387 wrote:
shyamnambiar wrote:
PaulArcher wrote:
From Sauder site:

University fees are normally reviewed and adjusted in April or May preceding the commencement of each academic year. UBC is currently considering a proposal to raise the international fees for the UBC MBA to $66,000. Should this proposal be approved by the Board of Governors, it will apply to the August 2016 entering class. The University may adjust fees at any time with without advance notice.


Wow! That would be almost a 50% hike in fees at one shot.
But the +ve is that it is still way below the fees at other top rung schools (read Rotman, Schulich etc), amongst the 2 year programmes. Another plus is that Sauder is just a 16-month course, with an internship included, so the time off work considerably reduces = higher RoI.
"Find opportunity even in adversity" !
Any views on the subject, people? :)
And anybody yet interviewed?


Not me, still waiting. Hey by the way, do we notice any changes in the application or does it just stay as such and we notified only by an email?


I think it is only by email and not intimation on the application page.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 89

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Premium Member
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 08:50
Guys anyone heard from Sauder?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 89

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 08:56
still waiting bro...anyone else heard back?

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 89

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Premium Member
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 08:58
manojsundar1 wrote:
still waiting bro...anyone else heard back?


I don't think they are even responding to e-mails... Did anyone try sending e-mails? I have sent one but they haven't responded...

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 89

Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2015, 08:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22    Next  [ 439 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.