Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:01 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10018 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling waitlisted applicants- UCLA Anderson Class of 2016 [#permalink]
This thread seems to be dead, but I'll still ask - Any waitlisted applicant from Round 1 accepted or denied in round 2? I know of a few who have been waitlisted again, but not much else...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GRE 1: Q164 V167
GPA: 3.36
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Wait-listed for Round 2. I visited the admissions office today, but they said they can't offer specific application feedback until June. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
aditya988 wrote:
This thread seems to be dead, but I'll still ask - Any waitlisted applicant from Round 1 accepted or denied in round 2? I know of a few who have been waitlisted again, but not much else...

I was waitlisted in Round 1 and have been placed on the waitlist again as of yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
btlaton wrote:
aditya988 wrote:

I was waitlisted in Round 1 and have been placed on the waitlist again as of yesterday.

Yeah, I'm yet to hear of anyone who has been admitted off of the Round 1 waitlist. Also, according to some statistic from Admissionado, UCLA admitted around 70 ppl from the waitlist into their MBA program in 2012. Not sure what's happening this year though!. The clock seems to be ticking, especially for international students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
aditya988 wrote:
btlaton wrote:
aditya988 wrote:

Yeah, I'm yet to hear of anyone who has been admitted off of the Round 1 waitlist. Also, according to some statistic from Admissionado, UCLA admitted around 70 ppl from the waitlist into their MBA program in 2012. Not sure what's happening this year though!. The clock seems to be ticking, especially for international students.

That's an interesting statistic that I've yet to run across, thanks for that! So I'm assuming now we have to wait until the Round 3 notification date for an update? June 3rd is a long time to wait...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
That's an interesting statistic that I've yet to run across, thanks for that! So I'm assuming now we have to wait until the Round 3 notification date for an update? June 3rd is a long time to wait...

Yup, by the looks of it we have to wait until June 3. It's a ridiculously long wait. You should check out the YouTube video link a few posts above this one; the statistic I was talking about is mentioned in that video.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to give hope to all waitlisters. Yesterday I received notification I was accepted after being waitlisted in Round 2 and was awarded a very significant fellowship. Honestly I'm really surprised, wasn't really expecting to hear before the round 3 deadline but obviously really happy!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ysabelle1984 wrote:
Just wanted to give hope to all waitlisters. Yesterday I received notification I was accepted after being waitlisted in Round 2 and was awarded a very significant fellowship. Honestly I'm really surprised, wasn't really expecting to hear before the round 3 deadline but obviously really happy!

That's impressive. Congratulations! Would you share with us any actions you might have taken to make your case to UCLA admissions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Hi Jackantic,

I actually hadn't reached out to the admissions office yet. I was planning to do so this week. This is why I was really surprised to hear back from them yesterday. I do think there is a lot of movement on the waitlist so I think things are looking good for my fellow waitlisters. Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ysabelle1984 wrote:
Hi Jackantic,

I actually hadn't reached out to the admissions office yet. I was planning to do so this week. This is why I was really surprised to hear back from them yesterday. I do think there is a lot of movement on the waitlist so I think things are looking good for my fellow waitlisters. Good luck to all!

Congratulations! That's a really quick turnaround from the waitlist. Thank you for letting us know. I believe you're the first waitlisted candidate to report a change (Accepted/Denied) in their application. Fingers crossed for the rest of us! Hope they don't keep us waiting until the Round 3 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: UCLA Anderson School of Management - Class of 2016
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
aditya988 wrote:
ysabelle1984 wrote:
Hi Jackantic,

Congratulations! That's a really quick turnaround from the waitlist. Thank you for letting us know. I believe you're the first waitlisted candidate to report a change (Accepted/Denied) in their application. Fingers crossed for the rest of us! Hope they don't keep us waiting until the Round 3 deadline.

I received an email from Anderson stating two batches of applicants getting off the waitlist - early May and June 3rd.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: UCLA Anderson School of Management - Class of 2016
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
jackanatic wrote:
Wait-listed for Round 2. I visited the admissions office today, but they said they can't offer specific application feedback until June. :(

Visiting the admissions office simply annoys them. Careful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was admitted off the wait-list a few days ago. :-D As an unconventional applicant, I knew Anderson was a long shot, so really pleased that I'll be able to attend this fall.

Although the wait-list seems grim this time of year, they are still admitting a trickle of people.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72908 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All UCLA Anderson Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All UCLA Anderson Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All UCLA Anderson Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated UCLA Anderson Forum to dive into all things related to UCLA Anderson 's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts