Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:14 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Re: Can anyone evaluate my profile? [#permalink]
Expert Reply

emrrbs98 wrote:
­GMAT Focus 655 (93rd)
Passed CFA Level 1,2,3
GPA 4.0/4.0
Graduated from non-target school.
Age 26

I'm looking for masters program in finance/quantitative finance/economics.
What can be a baseline school I should target for?
Should I take GMAT once agian?

­Hi emrrbs98,

We would like to know your overall profile and goals (short and long-term) to ensure we help you make the right decision about your choice of country and course. 

Our postgraduate consultants have helped ample students submit successful applications to top-ranking schools globally. You can schedule your free call with the consultants here.

You can also connect with the team via call at +91 7780769732
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply

emrrbs98 wrote:
­GMAT Focus 655 (93rd)
Passed CFA Level 1,2,3
GPA 4.0/4.0
Age 26

­Hi, emrrbs98

Thank you for your post!

Firstly, let me say that, with a GMAT FE score of 655, successful completion of all three levels of the CFA, and a perfect GPA of 4.0/4.0, you are well-positioned for admission to a wide range of top-tier master's programs.

In terms of a baseline school to target, I recommend focusing on programs that are renowned for their strength in finance and economics but are also known to consider diverse backgrounds and profiles. Schools like MIT, the University of Chicago, Columbia University, New York University's Stern School of Business, and the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business could serve as aspirational yet realistic targets. These institutions value the kind of well-rounded profile you present, especially with your strong quantitative background and CFA credentials, which testify to your financial acumen and dedication.

Given your current GMAT score, it is positioned well above the average for most top programs, especially when coupled with your exemplary GPA and CFA achievements. Therefore, retaking the GMAT could yield diminishing returns unless you are confident in significantly improving your score. Instead, your efforts might be more effectively spent on crafting compelling essays, securing strong letters of recommendation, and possibly gaining additional relevant work experience or extracurricular involvement that aligns with your career goals.

Your application should narrate your story, showcasing your academic and professional achievements, your personal growth, your motivations for pursuing further education in finance or economics, and how you envision contributing to your chosen program and the broader financial community.

Aim for programs that match your impressive academic and professional credentials while offering the right cultural fit and resources to support your career aspirations. Moreover, rather than retaking the GMAT, focus on articulating your unique story and vision for the future. Tailor each application to reflect how you align with each program's values and how you intend to leverage its resources to achieve your long-term goals. 

For more information on top MFin programs of different countries, you can refer to the blogs given below! 

1. Top Master in Finance Colleges in Canada
2.Top MFin Colleges in Germany
3. Best MFin Colleges in Australia
4. Nine Best MFin Schools In France

Sorry for the long answer; I hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
BOOK A FREE CALL
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting

Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer
Contact us: +91-8448224865  ­
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello emrrbs98,

I hope you are doing well. You've built a very impressive academic foundation with your 655 GMAT (93rd percentile), perfect GPA, and completion of all three CFA levels. This positions you well for master's programs in finance, quantitative finance, and economics.

Target a mix of schools. Aim high for top programs like MIT Sloan and Columbia, but also consider excellent options like Carnegie Mellon Tepper or Duke Fuqua. 

Beyond the test score, focus on showcasing your passion and goals. Strong essays and recommendations are crucial. Consider if relevant work experience could further strengthen your profile. With your strengths, you have a great shot at top programs. Focus on crafting a compelling application that highlights your unique qualifications.

CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A FREE PROFILE EVALUATION CALL WITH ALUMS AND CURRENT STUDENTS OF TOP B-SCHOOLS!

Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Email: hasan@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond
emrrbs98 wrote:
­GMAT Focus 655 (93rd)
Passed CFA Level 1,2,3
GPA 4.0/4.0
Age 26

­
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply

emrrbs98 wrote:
­GMAT Focus 655 (93rd)
Passed CFA Level 1,2,3
GPA 4.0/4.0
Age 26

­Hello emrrbs98,

Thanks for writing in.

Your GMAT score as well as your CFA qualifications put you in a good place in so far as the program your are considering goes; if you have time, though, there is no harm in improving your score and further adding to your profile. 

Your post does not have details pertaining to your overall profile and career goals; we will need information with regard to the same for a detailed evaluation.

All the best!
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
emrrbs98:

You are 26, so do you have work or military experience or a gap? What you have you done since you graduated from university? We're trying to better understand your age given that MFin degrees tend to target those with little to no experience.

GMAT score is fine, but if you have the ability to retake it and push it up higher, that might give you more (and higher) options.

As noted, we need to know more about your overall profile to create a proper school list. Any preferences for schools would also help. As much as this process is perceived a "science," it's also very much an "art."

Admissionado
GMAT Club Bot