Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Send PM
Re: Competitveness. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Again, the GMAT is only one aspect of the evaluation process so you should really take a balanced perspective when gauging your competitiveness at specific schools you really want to look at things from a 360 view. But with the GMAT I would say that you would first want to be in the school's listed range and the higher you are on the scale the more competitive you are on the GMAT alone for the school. Again, this is just one factor but def a positive if you score well on the GMAT like you have done
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey there,

We have a really good resource that covers the 4 main components of your profile and what you should be thinking about. Here's the link: [What Do Adcoms Look For?].

I hope that helps!

Bhavik
MAC Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
City/State: Chicago, IL
Send PM
Hi Avik629,

Great question. Yes, your score is within the competitive range for top-tier programs and you have done a nice job bringing it to a 730.

I remember that several years ago, when I was in admissions, a 620 was considered a competitive score without considering the other components in an MBA application. From our experience last year, a 680 was strong enough for certain candidates to receive invites from HBS, Wharton and Stanford. Equally, there were many posts in online forums who claimed that they were denied by these same schools with a 740 - 780 GMAT score. This is a great example which demonstrates how AdComms view the GMAT score truly as a component (out of 6 total components) when conducting their evaluation.

Regardless of the opinions you receive from forums, please apply to the top ranked programs and do not underestimate the other components (professional and personal) in your background that you possess. I find that 90% of top-tier candidates I work with tend to "opt-out" of the application process as they feel that they do not stand a chance with certain top tier programs. These candidates do this before the school can even receive their application. Regardless of where you fall with your competition, let the top-tier school make the ultimate decision on your candidacy. Most candidates share with me how they are pleasantly surprised when they are accepted and never thought they stood a chance in top tier programs.

Hope this helps you. Please let us know if we could be of further help. Our consultants come from an top 5 AdComm background and would be happy to answer any further questions.

Yours truly,
Sue

**Was our response helpful? Give us a Kudos and we will know**
GMAT Club Bot