GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 23 May 2018, 08:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Consistently scoring V40 - how to get to V45?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Posts: 30
CAT Tests
Consistently scoring V40 - how to get to V45? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 14:38
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Guys,

I took my first GMAT today and got 720 (Q49/V40). I got 730 (Q50/V39), 760 (Q49/V45) and 730 (Q49/V40) on my 3 GMAT Prep tests.

It seems like my verbal level is around 40.

I have exhausted all the MGMAT books, Powerscore CR, OG and OG verbal materials. I am planning on retaking the test in about 3 weeks or so. What can I do or study in order to get to this score?

Do you guys think the E-Gmat Verbal is worth it to push to V40+?
Manager
Manager
avatar
D
Joined: 17 May 2015
Posts: 231
CAT Tests
Re: Consistently scoring V40 - how to get to V45? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 23:05
bondtradercu wrote:
Guys,

I took my first GMAT today and got 720 (Q49/V40). I got 730 (Q50/V39), 760 (Q49/V45) and 730 (Q49/V40) on my 3 GMAT Prep tests.

It seems like my verbal level is around 40.

I have exhausted all the MGMAT books, Powerscore CR, OG and OG verbal materials. I am planning on retaking the test in about 3 weeks or so. What can I do or study in order to get to this score?

Do you guys think the E-Gmat Verbal is worth it to push to V40+?


Hi bondtradercu,
Please check the following links:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-from-great-760-to-incredible-780-on-sc-238089.html#p1836416

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmHDJYtdDOk

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Posts: 30
CAT Tests
Re: Consistently scoring V40 - how to get to V45? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 16:41
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
ganand wrote:
bondtradercu wrote:
Guys,

I took my first GMAT today and got 720 (Q49/V40). I got 730 (Q50/V39), 760 (Q49/V45) and 730 (Q49/V40) on my 3 GMAT Prep tests.

It seems like my verbal level is around 40.

I have exhausted all the MGMAT books, Powerscore CR, OG and OG verbal materials. I am planning on retaking the test in about 3 weeks or so. What can I do or study in order to get to this score?

Do you guys think the E-Gmat Verbal is worth it to push to V40+?


Hi bondtradercu,
Please check the following links:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-from-great-760-to-incredible-780-on-sc-238089.html#p1836416

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmHDJYtdDOk

Thanks.



Thanks, my SC is 88th percentile so I think I only got 1-2 wrong. My CR is only 64th so that's where I am the weakest. Do you have any advice on how to improve CR?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V51
Re: Consistently scoring V40 - how to get to V45? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 01:44
bondtradercu wrote:
Thanks, my SC is 88th percentile so I think I only got 1-2 wrong. My CR is only 64th so that's where I am the weakest. Do you have any advice on how to improve CR?


Hi bondtradercu,

At your level, I would not advise working on a general course - it's not an efficient use of your time. At this stage, I would look back through your performance on difficult OG and/or GMATPrep CR questions and meticulously analyze your mistakes. If you haven't made an Error Log, this would be a handy tool.

You need to see if there are certain types of CR questions that you're getting wrong so that you can focus on those types, perhaps reviewing relevant tips for those question types from the excellent materials you've already used. (PowerScore and Manhattan Prep)

Ask yourself WHY you got those questions wrong - and try to be as analytical and specific about your own process as possible. WHY did you eliminate the correct answer - was there something about it you didn't like? And what specifically was wrong with your original answer?
You're trying to identify how the way you approached those questions or some aspect of your interpretation took you away from GMAT's correct answer instead of leading you to it.

Based on that analysis, you may have a few a-ha moments about how you should change your approach on those CR questions to increase your accuracy. It might also be a good time to schedule one or two very focused sessions with a verbal expert tutor. I'm one, and of course there are other terrific verbal coaches here on the forums.

Let us know how this analysis goes.

Best, Jennifer
_________________

Independent GMAT Coach with students on 6 continents

Personal 99th percentile score (770). Based in Berlin and previously in Paris, ich spreche auch deutsch/je parle aussi français.
With five years' experience, I am expert in coaching non-native speakers to outstanding performance.

Visit my University Tutor profile

Re: Consistently scoring V40 - how to get to V45?   [#permalink] 16 May 2018, 01:44
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Consistently scoring V40 - how to get to V45?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.