GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 00:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Darden Future Year Scholars Program: 2020 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Darden Future Year Scholars Program: 2020 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2020, 10:35
I started this chain for anyone considering Darden's deferred "Future Year Scholars Program." Darden is a great MBA program and this is another exciting pathway into the UVA community!

General info

College students in their final year of study and fifth-year master’s students can apply to Darden’s Future Year Scholars Program. Admitted scholars may choose to begin their MBA after gaining 2-4 years of work experience. This program is a little unusual in that there are 4 deadlines – January, April, June, and August. There is no advantage to applying in an earlier deadline. Darden is not looking for students from a specific academic background. Admitted scholars will be considered for merit-based award at the time of admission (and will be considered for additional scholarships at the time of matriculation) and will receive a personal Darden mentor. There is no application fee to apply.

IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.
Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Darden Future Year Scholars Program: 2020 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2020, 05:23
Thank you Nate for starting this chain. I got admitted as a Future Year Scholar in 2019. Happy to answer questions that people have.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2020, 12:06
What kind of advice will you give for choosing recommenders?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2020, 06:35
My background:
- Ethnicity: Asian male
- GMAT: 700 (Q49, V35)
- School: Non-target undergraduate business school in the US
- Major: Management Information Systems with a minor in Finance
- GPA: 4.0/4.0
- Time: End of senior year in college. I applied in August 2019.
- Post-graduation job: A client-serving role with a focus on IT at a Big 4 office in the US.

For recommendations, I chose 2 different people who could speak to my separate strengths: hard skills and soft skills. For each of them, I had a conversation with them to discuss the overall message of my application, why MBA, what Darden looked for, and specific areas that I'd like them to highlight:
- My supervisor from an on-campus job who worked with me for 3 years in a people-focused job. She knew a lot about my soft skills, resilience, desire to help people, proactiveness, organized working style, relationship development, active listening, and professionalism.
- A business professor who coached my team during a national consulting case competition that I won 2nd place. She observed and evaluated my leadership, teamwork abilities, analytical thinking, business problem solving, intellectual curiosity, and public speaking.

I suggest that you find recommenders who could speak to separate types of strengths that you want to highlight in your application. Also, remember to provide your recommenders with the context of your overall message in the application. In that way, they can help you craft more cohesive points to make your application stronger.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2020, 07:30
Can anyone shed some light on the timeline after we have submitted the application and are done with the interview?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2020, 11:25
I received admission decision about 4 weeks after my interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2020, 17:24
Any applicants from the June 1 deadline hear back about interviews (or anything?) yet? My application was complete just before the deadline, if that matters.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Darden Future Year Scholars Program: 2020 intake   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2020, 17:24

Darden Future Year Scholars Program: 2020 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: kiryuken