GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 08:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Data Analytics and Wharton

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 16
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2016, 01:49
Hi all!
I am applying to Wharton for 2017 intake. I currently lead a Data Analytics team and I myself have worked a lot on Data Analytics in investment banking in one of the top IBs
I am also CFA level 3 candidate (result in 2 days! :D) and I am pursuing the Udacity Nano Degree in Data Analytics.

Does Wharton love Data Analytics type? It has a lot going on in the Analytics space with its Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative.

Any current students or alum who are into Data- Can you please comment on how Adcom views such profiles?

Thanks
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2015
Posts: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.54
Re: Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2016, 12:31
1
Hell yea Wharton has a strong emphasis on data analytics, easily the strongest among M7. Check out their student blogs and websites dude. Based on your profile I see you are already half in Wharton!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Posts: 1
Re: Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 22:14
1
Yeah, from what I have understood they love profiles like yours. I wish I had your profile, LOL!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1375
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 06:05
1
WhereIsMyTowel wrote:
Hi all!Hi WhereIsMyTowel! I think just about every business school is going to like your data analytics background and many schools are rapidly increasing their offerings in this area. I have Adcom experience - though not at Wharton- but I can say that what you list below will be attractive in general to MBA admissions committees. Now I don't know the rest of your stats- but the interests below will serve you well.
I am applying to Wharton for 2017 intake. I currently lead a Data Analytics team and I myself have worked a lot on Data Analytics in investment banking in one of the top IBs
I am also CFA level 3 candidate (result in 2 days! :D) and I am pursuing the Udacity Nano Degree in Data Analytics.

Does Wharton love Data Analytics type? It has a lot going on in the Analytics space with its Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative.

Any current students or alum who are into Data- Can you please comment on how Adcom views such profiles?

Thanks

_________________

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Image

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 16
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Re: Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 09:40
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
WhereIsMyTowel wrote:
Hi all!Hi WhereIsMyTowel! I think just about every business school is going to like your data analytics background and many schools are rapidly increasing their offerings in this area. I have Adcom experience - though not at Wharton- but I can say that what you list below will be attractive in general to MBA admissions committees. Now I don't know the rest of your stats- but the interests below will serve you well.
I am applying to Wharton for 2017 intake. I currently lead a Data Analytics team and I myself have worked a lot on Data Analytics in investment banking in one of the top IBs
I am also CFA level 3 candidate (result in 2 days! :D) and I am pursuing the Udacity Nano Degree in Data Analytics.

Does Wharton love Data Analytics type? It has a lot going on in the Analytics space with its Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative.

Any current students or alum who are into Data- Can you please comment on how Adcom views such profiles?

Thanks



Thanks a lot! this is definitely helpful! I have applied to Wharton in R1! Hoping for the best :)
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1375
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 10:29
WhereIsMyTowel wrote:
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
WhereIsMyTowel wrote:
Hi all!Hi WhereIsMyTowel! I think just about every business school is going to like your data analytics background and many schools are rapidly increasing their offerings in this area. I have Adcom experience - though not at Wharton- but I can say that what you list below will be attractive in general to MBA admissions committees. Now I don't know the rest of your stats- but the interests below will serve you well.
I am applying to Wharton for 2017 intake. I currently lead a Data Analytics team and I myself have worked a lot on Data Analytics in investment banking in one of the top IBs
I am also CFA level 3 candidate (result in 2 days! :D) and I am pursuing the Udacity Nano Degree in Data Analytics.

Does Wharton love Data Analytics type? It has a lot going on in the Analytics space with its Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative.

Any current students or alum who are into Data- Can you please comment on how Adcom views such profiles?

Thanks



Thanks a lot! this is definitely helpful! I have applied to Wharton in R1! Hoping for the best :)


You're welcome! You know sometimes when on the consulting or Adcom side we can forget just how much is riding on these outcomes... like your whole life can be changing if you get accepted and you will move to a new place, start a new life, get a great new job :) etc... So I just want to say that even though it has been years since I got my shiny acceptances to Kellogg, Booth, UVA and Duke, just thinking about it again now it all comes back to me as a flood of memories that a lot is riding on the line... and that I just want to let you know - for whatever it is worth- that I am sending good vibes into the universe for YOU to get in to Wharton AND all the other schools on your dream list! So best of luck to you and I'm rooting for you!!!
_________________

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Image

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 16
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 22:44
Quote:
You're welcome! You know sometimes when on the consulting or Adcom side we can forget just how much is riding on these outcomes... like your whole life can be changing if you get accepted and you will move to a new place, start a new life, get a great new job :) etc... So I just want to say that even though it has been years since I got my shiny acceptances to Kellogg, Booth, UVA and Duke, just thinking about it again now it all comes back to me as a flood of memories that a lot is riding on the line... and that I just want to let you know - for whatever it is worth- that I am sending good vibes into the universe for YOU to get in to Wharton AND all the other schools on your dream list! So best of luck to you and I'm rooting for you!!!


Thank you so much!! :-D
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Oct 2014
Posts: 54
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.56
Re: Data Analytics and Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 03:55
Hi Donna, possibly off topic here. But wanted to know what you think about Sales and Trading profiles. I have sales and trading experience at a bulge bracket bank in India, and then moved to a smaller Middle Eastern regional bank where I got a lot of ownership and appreciation. My work entailed providing structured financing solutions for companies. In the middle east stint, I managed to enhance my work scope and I also had the opportunity to work in Sales in order to close deals by meeting with clients etc, and in trading where I met steep targets too.

Wanted to know how an adcom might see this - I have a feeling that adcoms don't seem to like this sort of experience. I am lucky to have some diversification in terms of regional experience with stints in China (intern), India (3y) and Middle East (1y). My goal is to develop miscellaneous management skills and work in consulting in EM.

Would be happy to know your candid opinion. I am applying in Round 2 at Wharton, didn't make any applications in R1

StratusMBACounselor wrote:
WhereIsMyTowel wrote:
Hi all!Hi WhereIsMyTowel! I think just about every business school is going to like your data analytics background and many schools are rapidly increasing their offerings in this area. I have Adcom experience - though not at Wharton- but I can say that what you list below will be attractive in general to MBA admissions committees. Now I don't know the rest of your stats- but the interests below will serve you well.
I am applying to Wharton for 2017 intake. I currently lead a Data Analytics team and I myself have worked a lot on Data Analytics in investment banking in one of the top IBs
I am also CFA level 3 candidate (result in 2 days! :D) and I am pursuing the Udacity Nano Degree in Data Analytics.

Does Wharton love Data Analytics type? It has a lot going on in the Analytics space with its Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative.

Any current students or alum who are into Data- Can you please comment on how Adcom views such profiles?

Thanks
Re: Data Analytics and Wharton   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2016, 03:55
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Data Analytics and Wharton

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: gmatexam439, rohan2345

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.