GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 May 2019, 23:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Data sufficiency on Relative values

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 200 Q48 V37
GPA: 1
Reviews Badge
Data sufficiency on Relative values  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 07:30
Hi all,

If I have two components and (e.g. blue paint and red paint) and I have a relative value (question stem or a statement) between the two components and the question asks for any relative value, I will always have sufficiency, irrespective of the value.

If I have 4 components, would I require 3 relative values to ensure sufficiency to all relative value questions?

Also, if I have 3 components and I have 2 relative values and one concrete value (question stem or a statement), do I have sufficiency to all concrete value questions?

Thanks,
Manhattan Prep Instructor
G
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Data sufficiency on Relative values  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 13:18
nrxbra001 wrote:
Hi all,

If I have two components and (e.g. blue paint and red paint) and I have a relative value (question stem or a statement) between the two components and the question asks for any relative value, I will always have sufficiency, irrespective of the value.

If I have 4 components, would I require 3 relative values to ensure sufficiency to all relative value questions?

Also, if I have 3 components and I have 2 relative values and one concrete value (question stem or a statement), do I have sufficiency to all concrete value questions?

Thanks,

By a "relative value", are you talking about a statement like this one?

(1) The amount of blue paint is 50% greater than the amount of red paint.

If that's correct, can you explain what you mean by a question asking for a relative value?

Chelsey Cooley | Manhattan Prep | Seattle and Online

My latest GMAT blog posts | Suggestions for blog articles are always welcome!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 200 Q48 V37
GPA: 1
Reviews Badge
Re: Data sufficiency on Relative values  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 13:25
By relative I mean ratios or percents (basically one value relative to another).

A relative question could be about how does one value relate to another.... E.g. Fraction of red paint to total paint (in example the above).

My question was if I have 3 components and 2 relative values, can I answer all possible relative questions? (think of probability too)

Sent from my D6603 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Data sufficiency on Relative values   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2017, 13:25

Data sufficiency on Relative values

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap