Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Desperate help needed in Verbal. GMAT in 12 days [#permalink]
EducationAisle wrote:
Hi Pulkit, would not suggest anything radical in the 12 days that you have. Just focus on practicing as many official Verbal questions as possible (especially SC) and let's just hope that you are able to replicate your performance of Diagnostic (V37) in the actual exam.

Thanks a lot for your response!
I understand, but the thing is my accuracy remains the same across exams. I do not know how that is possible myself but I seem to be making 11 mistakes every single time I give the mock.
This is the reason I felt that if there's any particular strategy I could put to work to help my score then it would be great.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ravs113 wrote:
Hi Pulkit,

I’m giving GMAT in 13days and when I asked anyone for advise for improving Verbal, the advise I got is Practice official questions/LSATs. (You can get these questions from this forum.) Not anything new. Focus on your weak areas, put in more effort there.

If you haven’t tried GMATNinja’s SC videos, you definitely have to check those out. It really helps you improve on SC.

One more thing that I noticed when I was taking mock tests was stressing yourself on getting a good score will only pull your score down. So, don’t take pressure and relax yourself while taking the test. After all, you can always retake the test. This mindset helped me feel less stressed and my score did improve.

Hope it helps and All the Best!

Thank you so much!

I haven't seen the videos so I'll be sure to check them out. And yes I agree with you. I do tend to get a bit stressed and that's why I make continuous mistakes when I FEEL that I screwed up a question.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Pulkit3622 wrote:

Thank you so much!

I haven't seen the videos so I'll be sure to check them out. And yes I agree with you. I do tend to get a bit stressed and that's why I make continuous mistakes when I FEEL that I screwed up a question.

I feel you. One more thing, if you think you are not ready, just reschedule the exam. It’s free of cost for the GMAT Online exam. I’m not sure about the test center exam. Bottom line: Being stressed = Bye Bye Good score.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [1]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Kudos
The biggest mistake was practicing with third-party "reputed" verbal materials. Most of these materials are of poor quality and will mislead you. You must spend most of your preparation time on official verbal materials. You will see almost exactly the same types of questions on test day.

If you do not know the basic grammar rules that are often tested, then you should again consult the official guide.

I do not recommend that you spend your time watching videos and listening to what others did. You should spend time doing the work yourself. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hovkial wrote:
The biggest mistake was practicing with third-party "reputed" verbal materials. Most of these materials are of poor quality and will mislead you. You must spend most of your preparation time on official verbal materials. You will see almost exactly the same types of questions on test day.

If you do not know the basic grammar rules that are often tested, then you should again consult the official guide.

I do not recommend that you spend your time watching videos and listening to what others did. You should spend time doing the work yourself. Good luck!

Yes I agree. I am waiting for my GMAT to get over so I can write down a few choice words about that particular mock.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22046 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Puljkit3622,

I agree that since you have just 12 days it may be difficult to make any massive improvements to your GMAT verbal score. That said, are you able to push back your GMAT and take it at a later date? Also, in the meantime, you may find it helpful to read the following article:

GMAT Sentence Correction: 8 Essentia, Tips
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pulkit3622,

Currently, there is no fee to reschedule your Official Test Date - so if you are genuinely concerned (or are not feeling ready for the Official GMAT), then you might want to push back your Test Date (even if it's just for a couple of weeks) so that you can solidify your knowledge and get some extra practice in.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot