Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Send PM
Re: E-Gmat VS Top one percent. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Sanya15,

To score at a high level on the GMAT, you have to have a variety of skills (more than just content knowledge) and the only way to properly assess whether you have those skills or not is to take FULL-LENGTH CATs under realistic conditions AND at regular intervals. That initial Diagnostic CAT Test will help to define some the 'weak spots' that you might need to work on - including pacing, endurance, focus, note-taking, stress, ability to 'let go' of a question, etc. Right now, we have no measure of your skill level in those areas and it's better to know about those potential issues earlier on (so that you can spend more time 'fixing' them) then discovering them too late in the process.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

So, do you think I should take that initial diagnostic test after 3-4 weeks if familiarising myself with the exam and some topics? I don't want to write it without knowing nothing.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sanya15,

I think that you might be getting a bit 'dramatic' about knowing "nothing." Do you really know nothing about Arithmetic/Algebra, grammar, basic logic, how to read a few paragraphs and answer some standard questions about what you just read, etc?

The problem with "putting off" that first practice CAT is that most people create reasons to keep putting it off - and without properly defining your skills, strengths and weaknesses relative to how you perform on a FULL-LENGTH Exam, it's likely that you will end up needing more time to hit your Score Goal than you initially planned for.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM