GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Empower Gmat and I beat the beast.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Empower Gmat and I beat the beast.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 02:10
After a 610 on January 26th 2018, I have decided to purchase a month of the Empower Gmat course. Before, I did just the OG exercises, but they clearly weren't enough for me, since they only gave me the basics of the Gmat, not the answers to the most difficult questions.
Result after just more than a month: 670 Q48 V34, and I am aware that my score could have been even higher.
Max and Rich teaching method is incredibly easy but very effective: many small lessons with exercises in between.
My passion for mathematics brought me to enjoy more the quant part than the verbal one, even though I had the most important increase in V from 28 to 34.
Highly recommended.

P.S: their slogan “Gmat assassins aren’t born, they are made” is not just a slogan but a lesson to keep in mind while preparing for the Gmat.

Giorgio Pagani
Milan, Italy
(If you have any questions feel free to contact me)
EMPOWERgmat Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Empower Gmat and I beat the beast.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 08:37
Giorgiopagani

Thanks for sharing your experience with EmPower.
Can you elaborate detailed pros and cons of course
here?

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 09:39
Sure.

Pros:
1) Both the Verbal and Quant parts are very good and teach the basics concepts and the more advanced ones. To accomplish the goal to become a Gmat assassin, Rich and Max use mini lessons and a lot of different sample exercises, with the explanations. I think that their teaching method is very effective.
2) The Quant Part, RC and CR are awesome. There are a lot of very very very effective tricks that they taught me.
3) Simple and effective interface.
4) Cheap when compared to other Gmat courses. I have decided to purchase just a month for 99 bucks and then another one for 99 (because I had the exam on the 15th of March and the first month had expired on March 1st). There is also the possibility to choose a 3 month pack with several Gmat Prep exams and I think I would have chosen that one if I had had more time (deadlines...).
5) It is not only a platform of learning but also a platform of advice. Max and Rich will tell you how to approach the exam not just with the theorical concepts but also with useful anecdotes.
6) Max and Rich were ready to answer (via email) any doubt I had on the exercises.

Cons:
1) SC is not at the same level as the other sections. It is very good, but the others are a step beyond.
2) Even though there are a lot of exercises, I felt that there should have been even more. That's why I think that the OG is still necessary to exercise to achieve a good score.
3) The videos stopped from time to time and I had to refresh the page (but I think it was just a problem of my PC).
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 09:48
Giorgiopagani

Glad to see your insights.

Quote:
Pros:
1) Both the Verbal and Quant parts are very good and teach the basics concepts and the more advanced ones. To accomplish the goal to become a Gmat assassin, Rich and Max use mini lessons and a lot of different sample exercises, with the explanations. I think that their teaching method is very effective
2) The Quant Part, RC and CR are awesome. There are a lot of very very very effective tricks that they taught me

Does the course provide solutions to all OG questions using the approach taught in video modules
to solidify the same.

Quote:
6) Max and Rich were ready to answer (via email) any doubt I had on the exercises.

What was usual response time and was there any limitations on max no of Qs sent per week on mails
in case of queries?

Quote:
Cons:
1) SC is not at the same level as the other sections. It is very good, but the others are a step beyond.

Which other course you tried, which you found better for sc?

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 10:06
Exactly. The course provides the answers to all the questions (or at least almost all ... not so sure about it because I didn't solve all the questions because of time issues) in OG 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 with the same approach (obviously different from section to section).

The response time was always within a day. I asked them 4 different questions on exercises (always in the morning) and they answered me in the afternoon/evening. I think that the answer time could have been much less without any time difference between Italy and the US (Italy is 6 to 9 hours ahead of the US).
I don't know the max number of email you can send, but I think that there's no limit.

I've tried E - Gmat for the verbal part. SC was better in that course, but RC and CR were way better in Empower Gmat.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 11:42
Hi Giorgio,

That's FANTASTIC news! Raising a 610 to a 670 is a great achievement (and a Q48 will be much better for your applications than the Q44 that you scored back in January). With some additional study time, you could potentially have scored higher, but with this score you can comfortably apply to each of the Schools that you emailed me about.

Congrats again on all of your successes so far. I hope you keep in touch after you have heard back from each of those Schools.

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 21:57
Giorgiopagani

Congrats and Thanks for sharing your experience with GMAT and Empower.

I agree with you on the RC and CR part with EmpowerGMAT Course. I started following the RC Ladder technique and i see a lot of improvement in my performance in RC.

All the best for next steps

Please give kudos if it helps

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score | Things i wish i could've done earlier | Ultimate Q51 Guide

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 20:46
Giorgiopagani congratulations.

Also can you please share if empowergmat has video explanations for OG CR questions. I am looking for a good source where I can find video explanations for CR in a way that it highlights the methodology used to answer the question or more in-depth explanation not just ohh this is out of scope and that’s not irrelevant. I ll appreciate the the input.

1. Well Begun is Half done
2. He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
3. The night is darkest just before the dawn

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Empower Gmat and I beat the beast.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 23:32
I Think that Empower Gmat has great explanation videos of OG questions. They cover a huge set of answers of the 2015/2016/2017/2018 OGs.
To answer your question, yes, they have a huge number of answers' explanations for CR and they use the teached methodology to answer them.
So, if I were you, I'd give Empower Gmat a chance.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GRE 1: Q166 V147
GPA: 3.3
WE: Other (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 23:55
Congrats on the score. EMPOWERGMAT is a wonderful course . I too took services from them

I improved my score from 640 to 720. I owe the improvement to EMPOWER team

23 Kudos left to unlock next level. Help me by Contributing one for cause :) .. Please

My failed GMAT experience ... https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-bad-experience-640-need-suggestions-on-verbal-improvement-251308.html

My review on EmpowerGMAT : https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/empowergmat-online-course-345355767

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GRE 1: Q166 V147
GPA: 3.3
WE: Other (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2018, 00:00
Rocket7 wrote:
Giorgiopagani congratulations.

Also can you please share if empowergmat has video explanations for OG CR questions. I am looking for a good source where I can find video explanations for CR in a way that it highlights the methodology used to answer the question or more in-depth explanation not just ohh this is out of scope and that’s not irrelevant. I ll appreciate the the input.

Hi there,

yes, They have video explanation for most of the questions. Their ladder technique is very useful.
They will give feedback for all the options.
Sometimes, the option will be huge out of scope. (in that case, they don't have any choice but to put it as out of scope) :)

23 Kudos left to unlock next level. Help me by Contributing one for cause :) .. Please

My failed GMAT experience ... https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-bad-experience-640-need-suggestions-on-verbal-improvement-251308.html

My review on EmpowerGMAT : https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/empowergmat-online-course-345355767

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Empower Gmat and I beat the beast. &nbs [#permalink] 22 Apr 2018, 00:00

Empower Gmat and I beat the beast.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap