Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Schools:ISB, IIMA ,SP Jain , XLRI
 Q48  V24 GMAT 2: 610  Q48  V27
WE 1: Aditya Birla Group (sales)
WE 2: Saint Gobain Group (sales)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 673 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
 Q48  V33 GMAT 2: 670  Q46  V36 GMAT 3: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Schools:Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
Send PM
Re: Error Log (verbal) help needed [#permalink]
While a detailed analysis is difficult (for instance I don't know if you have attempted the full OG or ONLY the questions appearing in the ANSWERED COLUMN in the report above) - generally speaking I see scope for improvement. Your percentage correct answers can be improved upon further if you really want to do well in actual GMAT... Although I can see you have attempted about 50% odd questions so far. So you have chance to improve the score significantly.

Good luck with preps...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dwivedys wrote:
While a detailed analysis is difficult (for instance I don't know if you have attempted the full OG or ONLY the questions appearing in the ANSWERED COLUMN in the report above) - generally speaking I see scope for improvement. Your percentage correct answers can be improved upon further if you really want to do well in actual GMAT... Although I can see you have attempted about 50% odd questions so far. So you have chance to improve the score significantly.

Good luck with preps...

Dear saurabh
I have attempted whole OG 12th
the total question which is reflecting is actually including the OG verbal review also
but i haven't gone through that

tell me about the strategy to improve and also that which section has got more room for improvement and how
the types of questions i got wrong in the error log will help you to guide me.... :) :)
Director
Director
Send PM
I know you have plenty of questions buddy :)

But basically - analysis of data - meaning looking at spreadsheets and making sense out of those whacky numbers is one of the most basic things one must learn before getting into an MBA program :) So I am turning the task over to you to figure out - looking at your scores - which areas need improvement - as an exercise :) Jokes apart - on Verbal Strategies entire compendia has been written. I am too small to talk about strategies. Learn from all the wisdom contained herein. At the risk of repeating the cliche - practice from every where. Call me when you get a chance and we can discuss further.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dwivedys wrote:
I know you have plenty of questions buddy :)

But basically - analysis of data - meaning looking at spreadsheets and making sense out of those whacky numbers is one of the most basic things one must learn before getting into an MBA program :) So I am turning the task over to you to figure out - looking at your scores - which areas need improvement - as an exercise :) Jokes apart - on Verbal Strategies entire compendia has been written. I am too small to talk about strategies. Learn from all the wisdom contained herein. At the risk of repeating the cliche - practice from every where. Call me when you get a chance and we can discuss further.

Hey saurabh
Thanks for your help
you have been a great help.......:)
Will surely interact with you soon..:) :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4702 [0]
Given Kudos: 376
Send PM
Warlock007 wrote:
Dear All
i would be highly obliged if someone can guide me about the results of the below error log
and guide me how to proceed further

I really need a 40+ scaled score in verbal

please guide me :oops: :oops:

I agree with dwivedys!!! There's nothing more we can add what's already reflected by this table. If I were to suggest you something that would be to read MGMAT SC And Aristotle SC. Your scores are pretty good, BTW. Good luck!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fluke wrote:
Warlock007 wrote:
Dear All
i would be highly obliged if someone can guide me about the results of the below error log
and guide me how to proceed further

I really need a 40+ scaled score in verbal

please guide me :oops: :oops:

I agree with dwivedys!!! There's nothing more we can add what's already reflected by this table. If I were to suggest you something that would be to read MGMAT SC And Aristotle SC. Your scores are pretty good, BTW. Good luck!!

Thanks for your valuable suggestion Fluke
i would go with MGMAT SC and Aristotle Sc for better understanding of the concept
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
I agree with fluke, your scores are good. There is some scope on SC which can definitely be improved if you had not read Manhattan SC and Aristotle SC. One more thing you can do here is to divide the above analysis into 3 different category Easy, Medium and Hard. You can take examples from many here. This will give you more accurate analysis on your position.
All the best !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
brandy96 wrote:
I agree with fluke, your scores are good. There is some scope on SC which can definitely be improved if you had not read Manhattan SC and Aristotle SC. One more thing you can do here is to divide the above analysis into 3 different category Easy, Medium and Hard. You can take examples from many here. This will give you more accurate analysis on your position.
All the best !

Thanks Brandy

even i feel that the biggest scope for me now lies in the SC
i will re read MGMAT SC and will try aristotle SC also

thanks for your replies guide
now another challenge is to maintain 48Q score or improve it by atleast 49 or 50 :? :?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64926 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Warlock,

As per your request, here are my thoughts.

You have:
80% - RC and CR
75% - SC
I think the accuracy is very decent. If I maintain this, I would expect above 40 in Verbal. That said, RC and CR of OG is relatively low level. SC is at par with the actual GMAT so an accuracy of 75% in that is nothing to worry about.
I would suggest you to try some higher level CR and RC questions and see if you maintain the scores. If you do, you are in good shape.
I would like to point out one more thing here - In RC, you got a few 'specific detail' questions wrong. That's not acceptable. While reading the passage, jot down a few words next to each paragraph so that you know the structure of the passage. Thereafter, confirm what you think the answer is by going back to the relevant paragraph when you come across a specific detail question.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Hey Warlock,

As per your request, here are my thoughts.

You have:
80% - RC and CR
75% - SC
I think the accuracy is very decent. If I maintain this, I would expect above 40 in Verbal. That said, RC and CR of OG is relatively low level. SC is at par with the actual GMAT so an accuracy of 75% in that is nothing to worry about.
I would suggest you to try some higher level CR and RC questions and see if you maintain the scores. If you do, you are in good shape.
I would like to point out one more thing here - In RC, you got a few 'specific detail' questions wrong. That's not acceptable. While reading the passage, jot down a few words next to each paragraph so that you know the structure of the passage. Thereafter, confirm what you think the answer is by going back to the relevant paragraph when you come across a specific detail question.

Hey karishma
Thanks for your reply
your suggestion in RC is noted i will try to implement this in the coming time
for RC i will do Aristotle RC
and for SC i will try my hands on Aristotle SC
for CR i am thinking of 1000 CR

well i am planning to go for OG 11th now
what do you say about that should i stick to OG 11th for SC only? :? :?
while doing CR and RC from other sources.... :? :?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10036 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Although 75-85% success rate seems to be ok for V40, you have solved only 50-60% of all questions. If those solved questions are not randomly chosen from OG, you may have biased results. In other words, if you have solved only first half of OG, you didn't see 600+ questions and your ~75% success rate may mean pretty low score in Verbal.
Now you have ~20% questions you got wrong - that's invaluable source of improvement. Dive deep into each question trying to figure out why you got it wrong, what you are missing and then jump to books like Manhattan GMAT SC and the GMAT Club forum.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
walker wrote:
Hi,

Although 75-85% success rate seems to be ok for V40, you have solved only 50-60% of all questions. If those solved questions are not randomly chosen from OG, you may have biased results. In other words, if you have solved only first half of OG, you didn't see 600+ questions and your ~75% success rate may mean pretty low score in Verbal.
Now you have ~20% questions you got wrong - that's invaluable source of improvement. Dive deep into each question trying to figure out why you got it wrong, what you are missing and then jump to books like Manhattan GMAT SC and the GMAT Club forum.

Hey walker
first of all thanks for your feedback
actually I have solved entire OG 12th
here in the log it is including the verbal review book also
thats why it is reflecting 53% answered.. :( :(
now please revise your feedback so that i can work in a better way :) :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10036 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Actually the second part remains.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
walker wrote:
Actually the second part remains.

Thanks Walker

I Think most wide gap lies in the SC only
I will go to MGMAT SC and aristotle SC ..for improvements.... :) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2218 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Have you tried making notes? It helped me a lot in SC.. If you're through with OG questions, dont forget to do the GMATPrep questions. But make sure you do them after you've taken multiple shots at the GMATprep. Best of luck. Do keep us posted of your progress.

Here's the link- gmatprepsc-105446.html
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Hello again warlock,

Have you ever tried taking a prep test? I am curious what level you are at, because after I set up my MGMAT archer, I am showing almost the same scores as you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
Hello again warlock,

Have you ever tried taking a prep test? I am curious what level you are at, because after I set up my MGMAT archer, I am showing almost the same scores as you.

hey gablaze23
i am preparing verbal throughly and recently attempted and MGMAT test on 7/23/2011 with little or no prep for quant as I wanted to see my verbal level after working

i got 610 over all
with Q 44 and V 31 split

please advise
GMAT Club Bot