It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 00:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

CMU Tepper MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Giving Thanks [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2017, 08:02
FROM CMU Tepper MBA Admission Blog: Giving Thanks
Given that Thanksgiving is upon us, it’s only fitting that I use my latest post to provide some of the things for which I give thanks.

First, I give thanks for you! I have been in higher education a long time and every year I am energized by the talented and interesting prospective students that I meet. Please keep introducing yourself to me when you see me at an event! I enjoy getting to know you and I am excited about what potential contributions you could make to the Tepper School.

Second, I give thanks for our admissions team. I love working alongside such a hard-working, talented and fun team. Some of my favorite stories come from their great interactions with all of you! I hope that in your life – whether personal or professional – you are able to surround yourself with people who are passionate about what they do and who push you to be better. I am thankful to have a family (both at home and in admissions) who does just that.

Lastly, I give thanks for rest. I think we all should. In the busyness of life – for us it’s recruitment travel around the world and reviewing applicants – I believe it’s important to take a pause and recharge. For you, it may be taking a moment to rest from working on your B-school application or thinking about your admission decision (after you read this post, of course!) to appreciate where you are in your career and the exciting possibility of what comes next! We all need some downtime and I am looking forward to spending a few days with my family to recharge.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Director
Director

Round Two Application Deadline [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 11:02
FROM CMU Tepper MBA Admission Blog: Round Two Application Deadline
It is hard to believe December is already here! In addition to preparing for the busy holiday season ahead, many of you are preparing to submit your application to meet the January 4 second-round application deadline. Round two candidates will receive an admission decision on March 14. Candidates applying through the Consortium by January 5 will be included into our second round as well.

I know that once you submit your application that waiting is the hardest part of the process! I encourage you to keep in touch with our office and keep an eye on the admission blog for updates. To give you a sense of what to expect, within a week of the application deadline we will extend the first of a series of interview invitations for round two. For us, the interview is a pivotal part of the application and we want to utilize our interview resource capacity as early in the round as possible. 

Don’t sweat it if you aren’t among those who receive an early invitation. We need to start the process somewhere and literally conduct interviews up through a few days prior to the decision notification date. Check your email regularly!

Good luck with your applications!

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Director
Director

Tuesday Tips: Stay Calm [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 07:02
FROM CMU Tepper MBA Admission Blog: Tuesday Tips: Stay Calm
I write my tips to you today knowing that we are just a few days before releasing round one admission decisions. While this is an exciting time in our office, I certainly acknowledge that waiting for a decision can be nerve-wracking.

I also know that some of you are planning to apply in round two and may be nervous about the road ahead. (P.S.: The application deadline for round two is January 4, so you still have plenty of time to prepare.) So, wherever you are in the admission process, I have some tips for keeping calm:

• Be confident. Take heart in the preparation you took (or are taking) to submit your application and all of its components. We can tell the hard work you put into your application and promise that we are reviewing everything very thoroughly. 
  • Be prepared. We are still reaching out to candidates to invite them to interview, so don’t stop checking your email or answering your phone. Often times, we are still conducting interviews a few days before we release decisions. Stay prepared and be ready if that invitation comes. (Read my previous Tuesday Tips for some interview notes!)
  • Be flexible. While I wish that we had the ability to admit every one of you, the reality is that sometimes we need some more time to assess the competitiveness of our applicant pool. As such, you may receive a waitlist decision for round one. That does not mean it’s the end of the Tepper road for you. We review (and possibly invite to interview) our waitlisted candidates in each new round, so stay engaged with the admission committee and keep us updated with anything regarding your candidacy. Just because we weren’t able to provide an admission decision in round one doesn’t mean we won’t be able to in future rounds!
  • Be present. This is a hard one for all of us! To get your mind off of the impending admission decision, take a walk, meet with friends or cook a good dinner — these are things you can control today. I promise that our admission committee takes our responsibility very seriously. We have enjoyed — and will enjoy if you plan to submit in round two — getting to know you through the application process, but we won’t show our cards before December 13. 
I hope that this helps you stay calm during this waiting period.

Tuesday Tips: Stay Calm   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2017, 07:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

CMU Tepper MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap