GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 06:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Overview of Top EMBA Programs

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

Personal MBA Coach's Overview of Top EMBA Programs eBook To download for free, join our mailing list and receive weekly tips on perfecting your MBA applications

CMU Tepper MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
Round One Decisions: It’s a Wrap!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 13:01
FROM CMU Tepper MBA Admission Blog: Round One Decisions: It’s a Wrap!

It’s finally Dec. 12! And that means that our round one decisions have been released! I think I can hear a collective deep breath being taken across our office and I imagine you have taken one as well.

If you were offered admission to the Tepper School, we want to celebrate with you! Tag @TepperCMU on Instagram in your celebration selfies to be shared.

I am excited to think about those of you who will choose to become some of the first students in our incoming class! I also want to personally have the chance to welcome you (our newly admitted students!) to our Welcome Weekend, April 5-6, 2019. Be sure to stay tuned for more information about that weekend if you were just admitted.

So, what is next? No matter the outcome of your admission decision, know that we seriously consider every application and appreciate your hard work and thoughtfulness in submitting your application. For those of you who are currently on our waitlist, I’ll have some words for you in early January about some steps you might take to stay engaged with the Admissions team. If you were offered admission, stay tuned to the Countdown website. There you’ll find a lot of exciting and important information that we will post in the coming months.

For those of you reading who will be submitting your application in round two – now is your time! I’ll be sharing a post next week with some tips for your final application touches. I imagine you are putting the finishing touches on your application and getting ready to submit.

Please know that the university will be closed from Dec. 1 through Jan. 1. We will be back in the office on Wednesday, Jan. 2. If you have any last-minute questions about submitting your application, be sure to send them by Dec. 21 (or sooner). Be kind to Judy who answers our main Admissions number.

Back to the MBA Admissions Blog
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
The Round Two Application Deadline Is Almost Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 07:02
FROM CMU Tepper MBA Admission Blog: The Round Two Application Deadline Is Almost Here

Winter greetings from Pittsburgh! While we are taking a breath after releasing the round one admission decisions, and before we head home for some rest over the holidays, I wanted to take a moment to let you know that our round two application deadline is quickly approaching!

I’ve written this before, but I think it’s worth providing again. If you are planning to submit your application by Jan. 5 for the round two deadline (I can’t believe it’s almost January!), make sure you’ve done a few things:

• Read the application instructions. This is a comprehensive list of everything we need from you in order to ensure your application is complete and the Admissions committee can begin their review. Note, for this year: We have diploma and grading scale guides if you need a little extra help figuring out what we want.
  • Make sure your recommender knows the application deadline. Too often, I see applications that can’t be forwarded for review because the recommender hasn’t yet submitted. Especially given that many recommenders may be taking vacation over the holidays, be sure to give plenty of advanced notice and urge your recommender to circle Jan. 5 on her/his calendar in red pen!
  • Proofread, proofread, proofread. You’ve got your transcripts ready to upload, your GMAT score have been sent to us, and your recommender is ready to submit – now, make sure you’ve proofread your essay (we only require one!) and your career goals. You want to put your best, most-proofread foot forward!
As in the previous round, shortly after the application deadline, we will begin the first of several waves of interview invitations. Don’t worry if you aren’t among those who receive an invitation in the early wave. We send interview invitations all the way until a few days prior to the decision notification date. Try to be patient and keep checking your email (even the junk mail folder). Also, our campus visit calendar is available and we’d love to see you visit campus this winter.

Good luck with your application!

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Director
Director
My New Year's Resolution  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 08:02
FROM CMU Tepper MBA Admission Blog: My New Year's Resolution

First, I want to wish all of you and your families my warmest holiday wishes. Life between Thanksgiving and the new year is usually a blur for me – and this year was no different.

As we cross into the new year, I find myself reflecting on 2018 and looking forward to all that 2019 will bring. I am often asked if I’ve made any new year’s resolutions. This year, I thought I’d share some:

• Continue to be amazed at the candidates who visit our office. I mean it! One of the best parts of my job is when I talk with you about your plans for the future and how the Tepper School fits into those plans. It makes me excited for Welcome Weekend, when we get the first glimpse of the class coming together. It may be only a couple days into January, but I look forward to this important event every spring.
  • Explore more of the Tepper Quad. With such a dynamic (and big!) space, I feel like I’m still learning about all that the Quad offers. What I can assure you is we have some of the best coffee and treats on campus – and it’s right outside our office door!
  • Enjoy our team. We have some really great new staff and some pretty good seasoned staff, too. I look forward to continuing to watch this team work together and enjoy the work they are passionate about – working with you! As we enter the new year, I am reminded of the importance of having a strong, dedicated Admissions team and am thankful for each of them.
While many folks make resolutions and aren’t able (or forget!) to keep, I’m excited to be able to fulfill mine. Cheers to 2019!

GMAT Club Bot
My New Year's Resolution &nbs [#permalink] 02 Jan 2019, 08:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 43 posts ] 

CMU Tepper MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, zee1222

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap