Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:06 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Financing your MBA - International Students [#permalink]
Prodigy Finance offers loans without collateral to MBA students accepted at renowned programs worldwide. The interest rate and (some) loan conditions vary by country/applicant.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: AGSM '18 (S)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I have been accepted for FT MBA in AGSM at UNSW Business School in Australia. I am looking for some financing and loan options to pay a portion of fee. Are there any options which I can explore other than Prodigy (because I am PR holder and Prodigy only finances intl students).

Any experiences and guidance would be highly valued. Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rboscarIol wrote:
Hi everyone, let me add some new information into this topic.

I am an international MBA student, currently on my first year at Michigan Ross, where up until recently there was no loan option for internationals. And, as you know, private financing institutions usually require US co-signers, so this is frequently a problem to most of us.

But now, Prodigy Finance is offering possibility of loans to international students at Ross and many other schools without requiring an US co-signer.
The loans are funded by a community of alumni investors, and by other investors who wish to support higher education.

I am taking a loan from Prodigy, and I am also an ambassador of the program, so I will be more than happy to share more information with you.

Here goes some quick info about Prodigy:
- 150 nationalities covered
- Competitive interest rates
- No collateral, guarantees, or co-signers required
- Easy online process
- No repayments while you study
- Excellent customer service

Currently, Prodigy has programs at Cambridge Judge Business School, Cass Business School, Columbia Business School, Cranfield School of Management, ESMT, INSEAD, London Business School, Manchester Business School, Oxford Saïd Business School, and Vlerick Business School. And they are expanding and adding new programs, so please check the website!

Hi Guys,

I have been accepted for FT MBA in AGSM at UNSW Business School in Australia. I am looking for some financing and loan options to pay a portion of fee. Are there any options which I can explore other than Prodigy (because I am PR holder and Prodigy only finances intl students).

Any experiences and guidance would be highly valued. Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I agree with andreyjv that the Prodigy loan process is straightforward. The rates are quite competitive without any collateral.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
am17 wrote:
I agree with andreyjv that the Prodigy loan process is straightforward. The rates are quite competitive without any collateral.

Since I am not eligible for Prodigy, are there any other institutions offering such loans?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Financing your MBA - International Students [#permalink]
Does anyone have experience with Discover Student Loans? They require a co-signer but you can get up to 100% of the cost of attendance loaned. However, this page: https://www.discover.com/student-loans/ ... ional.html says:

Quote:
You may need to send us a copy of your passport and one of the following documents for loan approval. We will notify you when we need them during the application process.
F-1 Visa
H1-B Visa
J-1 Visa
L-1 (L1A or L1B) Visa
Form DS-2019
Form I-20
Form I-766
Form I-797

Given that I'll need to show capability to pay for the costs of the MBA when I apply for a student visa, how likely is it for Discover to require those docs (they mention that they MAY require but not WILL require). If they do require those docs, it's a chicken and egg situation where I can't get Discover approval without a visa and I can't get a visa without loan approval.

I've emailed them a couple of times but I just get robo responses and no clear answer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
bb wrote:
jmikery wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Discover Student Loans? They require a co-signer but you can get up to 100% of the cost of attendance loaned. However, this page: https://www.discover.com/student-loans/ ... ional.html says:

Quote:
You may need to send us a copy of your passport and one of the following documents for loan approval. We will notify you when we need them during the application process.
F-1 Visa
H1-B Visa
J-1 Visa
L-1 (L1A or L1B) Visa
Form DS-2019
Form I-20
Form I-766
Form I-797

Given that I'll need to show capability to pay for the costs of the MBA when I apply for a student visa, how likely is it for Discover to require those docs (they mention that they MAY require but not WILL require). If they do require those docs, it's a chicken and egg situation where I can't get Discover approval without a visa and I can't get a visa without loan approval.

I've emailed them a couple of times but I just get robo responses and no clear answer

This will be something that will fall on the shoulders of your co-signer to break through to try to convince them to approve or at least pre-approve the loan.
This issue has existed for as long as I can remember and I am surprised it has not been resolved yet. However, if you have a US co-signer you have a good availability of options to apply for. You can also check SoFi, M7 Financial, and Prodigy Finance to compare quotes options and amount of headache (which may end up the deciding factor)

Thank you bb, just a small follow up: is SoFi available for international students? Their eligibility page (https://www.sofi.com/eligibility-criter ... bility-mba) states: "You and your co-signer (if applicable) is a US citizen or permanent resident" so I hadn't been considering them because the requirement is "and" and not "or"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any student loans for MBA in Australia?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Hello,
For international students without co signer ,which colleges provide loans ?

Taking for example if I have a loan of 50% of my tuition fees from prodigy, which colleges provide loans to cover at least rest of tuition costs?

Can any of the admitted students of current students please share their experiences in this area?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Does anybody know if Prodigy Finance is in operation or has the company shut down?

I emailed them 4 days ago, raised a support ticket and messaged them on their Skype account, but nobody has responded.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Could someone please share more details about 'school loans'? Is it still a thing (after 6 years from the time this thread was started) ?
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Financing your MBA - International Students [#permalink]
Has anyone taken loan from Mpower financing. Similar to Prodigy, they do not require cosigner or collateral for international students enrolled in US colleges
https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/
I have to decide between Prodigy and Mpower, so trying to identify anyone who has already secured a loan with them to get a review of their loan product.
Any help in this regard would be truly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools: Wharton '16
Send PM
This is going to be a huge thing forever...

Try to ask alumni or use Admission consultants that actually used these services. I financed my tuition and living expenses with Quorum (Wharton).

A very important thing to have in mind... You do get some income on your internship, and that helps more than you think. Same with some TA that you can have during your two years at school.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM