Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
 Q44  V22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink]
@Sag

My friend....The best approach suitable for you would be something that you have to come up with.....because you are the best judge of what you are good at

Here there would be experiences/instances shared....but not necessary that they might work for you completely....it's like "To be a good driver, follow the road and not the taillights in front of you"....Taillights can give you a sense of direction that the road ahead of you might be taking.....but the drive path is something we all have to choose the best for ourselves...

So keep walking and you will find yourself out of the woods soon :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Its not advised to do practice questions unless you have built your basic fundamentals..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5419 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Send PM
Hi all,

I will try to summarize my learnings on grammer fundamentals, which are very crucial to boost our scores.

Please refer the link:
key-fundamentals-of-grammer-our-crucial-learnings-on-sc-93659.html
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V22
Send PM
Hi..

Need some help regarding Cause n Effect Qs of CR section..

Not able to get what we have to find out in these type of Qs..
how to attack them... read Powerscore chapter on Cause n Effect 2-3 times.. but still the idea is not crystal clear..

plzz help..
thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
Sag,

I was also facing the same issue, but now I have found the trick that read the argument and try to think personally for any CR problem.

Dont worry if the things are not coming as per your expectations, now. It will take some time but sure on your way.

Try a few problems on GmatClub on C&E and try to understand the explanations given by memebers.

sag wrote:
Hi..

how to attack them... read Powerscore chapter on Cause n Effect 2-3 times.. but still the idea is not crystal clear..

plzz help..
thanks
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V22
Send PM
ykaiim wrote:
Sag,

I was also facing the same issue, but now I have found the trick that read the argument and try to think personally for any CR problem.

Dont worry if the things are not coming as per your expectations, now. It will take some time but sure on your way.

Try a few problems on GmatClub on C&E and try to understand the explanations given by memebers.

sag wrote:
Hi..

plzz help..
thanks

actually Ykaiim..
im facing this problem in every section which i cover from Powerscore.. initially i feel that i ve got the basics ... then i try the problems.. sometimes i get it right also but my explanation is not same as OE.. i.e. explanation which i thought was wrong but ans is right... sometimes im able to get down to 2 choices but not the final 1...

wat to do..?? shd i just keep practicing this way only..???

thanks

Thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
The key is PATIENCE. If things are that simple then everyone will score 740.

Don't get discouraged if things are not coming as per your expectations. Try to think simple but come up with 2-3 points when you think personally for a problem. Say, a weaking problem - what can be the options to weaken a problem and weigh them. This is how I am doing and it is working for me. Try to think and then check the explanations. It will take some time to reach the confidence level.

sag wrote:
ykaiim wrote:
Sag,

sag wrote:
Hi..

plzz help..
thanks

actually Ykaiim..
im facing this problem in every section which i cover from Powerscore.. initially i feel that i ve got the basics ... then i try the problems.. sometimes i get it right also but my explanation is not same as OE.. i.e. explanation which i thought was wrong but ans is right... sometimes im able to get down to 2 choices but not the final 1...

wat to do..?? shd i just keep practicing this way only..???

thanks

Thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
As some GMAT expert has suggested that the key to kill the SC is REVISION. There is no derth to the fundamentals in SC so revise what you have in your arsenal. With this, I have started Manhattan SC revision from today. :idea:

Meanwhile, I will post my learnings as usual to GC.

If anyone wants to discuss some doubts on STYLE w.r.t. Manhattan SC and OG10 then PM me.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Also make sure to read every OG explanation, including why the other options are incorrect. This helped me quite a bit. But, as already mentioned, you first must build up your language skills before you tackle the problems.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
bmillan01 wrote:
Also make sure to read every OG explanation, including why the other options are incorrect. This helped me quite a bit. But, as already mentioned, you first must build up your language skills before you tackle the problems.

Thanks to all for your continuing support. I have updated my first post with expert reviews and will update this regularly.

Thanks again and keep sharing.
Have a great time.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Updates : I have improved in CR section and revised SC again. But still I m not confident as I m not an active reader but I will work more on that.

I need to curb all the distractions around me, especially dinner time TV that sometimes goes longer than required, Facebook lol, application worry, financial issues etc. I m going home for a week and it was much required as I was feeling home sick.
I will give Powerprep tests and after that I will start with OG's, as just the theory part of SC is not working for me. I will follow MGMAT sc approach of doing OG with the theory.I had saved OG's for my powerprep tests, and at home I will give them at least 2 times.

I hope I will be stronger than before once m back. I won't give up, I know hard work is required and it will be paid off well.

:lol: I will try to come online for sometime to keep in touch and good luck to all from my side. Just rock !!
Director
Director
Send PM
Great.

Today, I am finished with Manhattan SC 2003 Ed (till Comaparisons) and half of entire SC and RC from OG10, and CR from OG12. I am sure I will finish the revision by coming Monday.

What's the status of others in our team :wink:.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had taken a break for the last few days.
But everybody here looks to be gearing up slowly, which is good. At present I am revising on concepts in SC and CR where I am making mistakes in tests or practice. Overall momentum looks to be healthy and barring a few hiccups doing not so bad. Hope to keep the momentum going for the next few months before D-day.
As far as books are concerned, I am re-practicing OG 3rd time now, after that a 2nd revision of CR Bible is lined up plus some tests from Kaplan and Princeton sandwiched in between.
Have already scaled 650 at the start of this month, have kept a target of 690 by the end of this month and 720 by middle of next.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V22
Send PM
i have finished PowerScore CR once... should i start practicing Qs from OG 12...?
If its advisable then shd i also time the Qs ...? as im not able to finish the Qs of OG in around 2 mins...

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sag wrote:
i have finished PowerScore CR once... should i start practicing Qs from OG 12...?
If its advisable then shd i also time the Qs ...? as im not able to finish the Qs of OG in around 2 mins...

thanks

In the initial stages of practice, try identifying the CR question types, apply the concepts you have learnt from PowerScrore CR and concentrate more on hitting the right answer. This can effectively help in building your confidence in the different CR question types/formats. Also it additionally helps you understand in which types you are strong at and in which types you need rework.

Trying to time the questions diligently in the beginning can dent your confidence if you solve any question incorrectly. So to start with, you can simply clock total time you take to complete a spedific set of Q's, which can be kept as a record for further evaluation in latter stages to understand how you have improved on your timing/approach along with accuracy.

So give accuracy the priority in the beginning and gradually inject time into it.
Director
Director
Send PM
OG12 CR is way above OG10 CR.

So, I will suggest you to first do OG10 following CR Bible. I dont know your reasoning skills but doing OG12 may be challenging for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
 Q47  V28 GMAT 2: 680  Q48  V35
Send PM
gurpreetsingh how are you doing?
I am writing because I took the test and although I didn't score high in my verbal, I definitely improve it.
I passed from a raw score of 25 to 35.
You can read more here: from-610-to-680-improve-in-verbal-knewton-94237.html
Verbal can be worked it out!!
I definitely think that you are going to rock the gmat!
Just keep pushing!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15