It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 22:34

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

From 660 ---> 710.....yippie.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Status: On the battlefield of applications, savoring each day

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Schools: Owen '14 (A)
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
From 660 ---> 710.....yippie. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2010, 12:52
hey....gmatclubbies......
though I am a little late here writing my debrief...nevertheless...i am still excited ....and have started on with the apps....wish me luck.....
so herez the debrief...( It will be short and quick....coz....i dnt get time...both the times....to devote...fully to preps...its the confidence and sound basics....which carried my plane.....)...

The first time I took I scored 660 (Q48, V33) and it was almost 2 yrs back...
Mistakes I did:

1. Dnt take the mock full length tests not more than twice....toook gmatprep 1 and some other exam once...so I couldnt build my stamina....(This was one of the biggest mistake I did)..
2. Never tried to do a proper analysis of the questions that i did either from OG or other sources.(This is the single mistake most applicants do..and believe me this is what increased my score)..

Now on 25th Oct, when I wen to pune to take ...retake the exam....i was quite apprehensive..becuase my office schedule hadn't left me with enough time...to get my preps on tyrack properly...that I cudnt even take....2 full gmat prep.....at length....
BUT...special..thnsks..to gmatclub....for giving me gmatclub tests as prize....a couple of weeks before the exam.and seriously telling you guyz....the best use of these tests....is in the ANALYSIS...of the approach with which the questions are solved. This benefitted me immensely......because for the last few days....i just analysed the toughest....questions from each topic....and understood...the approach fully..and that is how I scored 49 in Q...even after not solving....even 100 questions in total....in that last four weeks....

now when it comes to verbal...three books are all you require to learn and understand..fully..
1. MGMAT SC
2. Powerscore CR bible..
3. OG 11, 12

and 3000 GMAT/LSAT RC......---> and the result....710(49Q, 37V) - 92%ile

If you do these books...and practise RC....and yes a special...thanks to slingfox...who has given valuable tips in his notes...you can definitely...get a decent score...and in fact more than that..
and thus my GMAT journey...comes..to a stop...and the second step of the marathon begins..
APPS....

Wish me luck ppl...

thanks....all..

iAqua4

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 30

Re: From 660 ---> 710.....yippie. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2010, 20:43
Good Score and good luck with you apps..

Gonna make it this time

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 30

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: From 660 ---> 710.....yippie. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2010, 21:52
good luck!

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: From 660 ---> 710.....yippie.   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2010, 21:52

From 660 ---> 710.....yippie.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap