Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.22
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
gambelda wrote:
afabmp wrote:
R2 app here. I logged into the app checker just out of curiosity yesterday and noticed my app was 'incomplete,' despite getting confirmation it'd been submitted.

Panicked a bit, but then read the note on the file and it said that one of my transcripts wasn't "official" (i.e., it was labeled an 'unofficial transcript). My bad for not noticing the instruction on their app, but of the schools I applied, Fuqua was the only one with this stipulation.

Anyway, I talked to them and had the school in question overnight a transcript to Durham, but I just wanted to leave a note here for you all, as Fuqua never notified me of the 'incomplete' status. The admin office said they were going to send out emails today notifying incomplete applicants, but to be safe, consider logging in and checking.

The office said that if the transcript doesn't make it by roughly the end of next week (wouldn't commit to a firm deadline), I'd be pushed back to R3. AFAIK, there's a chance this could've all happened w/o me ever being notified of the problem.

Best of luck everyone!

Hmmmm....this is concerning. I never saw that and I only included an unofficial transcript. I'll have to get on this ASAP

Yes, Fuqua requires official transcripts and GMAT report and they are very adamant about it - that's why it's very important to read instructions. Send your official ASAP and drop a note to admissions.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
gambelda wrote:
afabmp wrote:
R2 app here. I logged into the app checker just out of curiosity yesterday and noticed my app was 'incomplete,' despite getting confirmation it'd been submitted.

Panicked a bit, but then read the note on the file and it said that one of my transcripts wasn't "official" (i.e., it was labeled an 'unofficial transcript). My bad for not noticing the instruction on their app, but of the schools I applied, Fuqua was the only one with this stipulation.

Anyway, I talked to them and had the school in question overnight a transcript to Durham, but I just wanted to leave a note here for you all, as Fuqua never notified me of the 'incomplete' status. The admin office said they were going to send out emails today notifying incomplete applicants, but to be safe, consider logging in and checking.

The office said that if the transcript doesn't make it by roughly the end of next week (wouldn't commit to a firm deadline), I'd be pushed back to R3. AFAIK, there's a chance this could've all happened w/o me ever being notified of the problem.

Best of luck everyone!

Hmmmm....this is concerning. I never saw that and I only included an unofficial transcript. I'll have to get on this ASAP

Yes, Fuqua requires official transcripts and GMAT report and they are very adamant about it - that's why it's very important to read instructions. Send your official ASAP and drop a note to admissions.

Posted from my mobile device

I guess I don't understand the process. I checked their website and see nothing about sending in the official transcript to a particular address like every other institution. I uploaded a digital version of mine that was provided to me by my undergraduate university. On the application itself, there was no way I could upload anything without it being "unofficial". Did you upload your transcript, and if so, how can you do that and claim it is official since it has touched your hands?

All of this is more frustrating to me since the system never sent me my self-service information to check my application status
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
gambelda wrote:

I guess I don't understand the process. I checked their website and see nothing about sending in the official transcript to a particular address like every other institution. I uploaded a digital version of mine that was provided to me by my undergraduate university. On the application itself, there was no way I could upload anything without it being "unofficial". Did you upload your transcript, and if so, how can you do that and claim it is official since it has touched your hands?

All of this is more frustrating to me since the system never sent me my self-service information to check my application status

Yes, just like you scan and upload the unofficial transcripts, you scan and upload the official ones. At my university, you can download the unofficial ones online or you can submit a request for an official one which is emailed at a later date. The official transcripts explicitly say "official" and has a university seal on it.

And regarding your comment on you didn't see anything about sending in official transcripts: it says on their website that they want official ones. Here is the link:

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/daytime-mba/a ... tructions/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Yes, just like you scan and upload the unofficial transcripts, you scan and upload the official ones. At my university, you can download the unofficial ones online or you can submit a request for an official one which is emailed at a later date. The official transcripts explicitly say "official" and has a university seal on it.

And regarding your comment on you didn't see anything about sending in official transcripts: it says on their website that they want official ones. Here is the link:

My university is so confusing. My transcript that I submitted says official AND unofficial on it. what the hell......

and yeah I found the official information - I will just have to call them tomorrow morning
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
How much does a recommendation by a current student matter?
I hadn't considered it until a few days ago...

My UG dorm mate is a First Year student at Fuqua, and although we were not very close I'd reckon he knows me quite well.
He can write about the qualities I bring and an in-general support to my "fit" at Fuqua.

Should I try to talk to him? Even if it's this late in the process? (Submitted app. for 6th Jan round)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
Kudos
kaustubhkul wrote:
How much does a recommendation by a current student matter?
I hadn't considered it until a few days ago...

My UG dorm mate is a First Year student at Fuqua, and although we were not very close I'd reckon he knows me quite well.
He can write about the qualities I bring and an in-general support to my "fit" at Fuqua.

Should I try to talk to him? Even if it's this late in the process? (Submitted app. for 6th Jan round)

I don't know how much impact it has (though I suspect it has some), but is there a down side to at least trying?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
afabmp wrote:
I don't know how much impact it has (though I suspect it has some), but is there a down side to at least trying?

Well, since you put it that way...

Let me try to talk to him - if it is even doable right now!
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
gambelda wrote:

As a follow-up, my transcript says official, but it also says "only official if provided by X institution (x is my university), not by the student" Yet they sent it as a digital version to me. I was finally able to get access to the self-service portal to check my application status and it says application complete which means they reviewed it and found that I had completed everything. I can only assume that the transcript I provided is sufficient. No matter how confusing my undergrad institution makes it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
gambelda wrote:
Did anyone get this email and then NOT get the follow-up email regarding your self-service account?

"Thank you for submitting an application to The Duke MBA at The Fuqua School of Business. This e-mail serves as a confirmation of receipt of your online application.

Now that your application has been submitted, you will be able to log into our Applicant Self-Service Center to check the status of your application. Instructions on how to activate your Self-Service account will be sent to you in a separate email within the next 2 business days.

Please note that if your e-mail or mailing address needs to be updated, you must update the personal information section of your Applicant Self-Service account.
Best wishes to you throughout the MBA application process. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at admissions-info@fuqua.duke.edu. "

Hey gambelda, I had the same problem and checked my gmail account yesterday. The email containing the instructions pertaining to creating a self service account went to junk email. If you have still not received this email, please search for "duke" in your gmail inbox or search for emails from "siss-no-reply@duke.edu"

I had recieved this email over 10 days ago! Luckily, my application was complete and is marked complete in the portal as well. Otherwise I would have been bumped to round 3 and wouldnt have known about it at all!

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 740 Q41 V50
Send PM
afabmp wrote:

Best of luck everyone!

I panicked a bit when I read this.. but I realized that all they ask you to do is scan a copy of your official transcript... Fortunately, I have been using a scanned copy of my official transcript for all my applications...

An official transcript needs to be mailed to Fuqua after you receive an admit... Just like all the other schools
Manager
Manager
Send PM
suhas1234 wrote:
I panicked a bit when I read this.. but I realized that all they ask you to do is scan a copy of your official transcript... Fortunately, I have been using a scanned copy of my official transcript for all my applications...

An official transcript needs to be mailed to Fuqua after you receive an admit... Just like all the other schools

I did the same - scanned my original transcripts from BITS Pilani (India) and attached them to the online form.
However, I still received the email - not sure why. I'd written to them on Monday, so if I don't get a reply today I'll call them.

I resent them my transcripts (better quality since the online form had size limits) and degree certificate again on email.
Let's hope they clear my documents so I'm considered for R2. :S
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
suhas1234 wrote:
afabmp wrote:

Best of luck everyone!

Understood-my problem was I only had an 'unofficial copy,' and I'm overseas, so having it sent to myself would've taken too long.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Decided not to put my deposit, hope my spot will help you guys.
Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
dormor wrote:
Good luck everyone.

Congrats on your decision! Would you mind sharing why you chose UNC?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Guangjujiu wrote:
dormor wrote:
Good luck everyone.

Well, rankings aside, the full ride from UNC.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dormor wrote:
Guangjujiu wrote:
dormor wrote:
Good luck everyone.

Well, rankings aside, the full ride from UNC.

That'll do it! Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I just had a heart attack.

Like many of the others, I got an email saying that my application was incomplete because I used an unofficial transcript.

I just received my official transcript in the mail today and it showed that my GPA was .07 lower than my GPA listed in my unofficial transcript. Apparently, they took a Withdrawal and converted it into an F, even though I completed the course with an A the next semester.

How should I explain this to Duke? It looks like i lied on my ap.... and it also comes to mind that this is exactly why they want an official one.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  82   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts