Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13391 [2]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: gave gmatclub verbal cat got a shocking score [#permalink]
GMATinsight wrote:
Chetan1286 wrote:
hello gmat GmatClub experts
i need urgent help. today i took a gmatclub verbal cat and got 21 out of 36 questions correct
completed the test in time
500 lvl 10 questions 70% correct
600 lvl 14 questions 66% correct
700 lv 12 questions 42% correct
and got a v22 score and i am not able to understand how can i get so low score after getting 21 questions correct without any time penalty
and for additional information i got 6 out of first 10 questions correct
4 out of second 10 questions correct
and 11 out of last 16 correct
please explain why is this happened in my test and and is the scoring so low for all gmatclub tests ,cats

Chetan1286

I suggest that you neither overlook these score nor pay great attention to them that they become benchmark of your performance.

Different test making companies have different understanding of adaptiveness while some part of it are still ambiguous.

One thing that doesn't change is that first quarter of the section is very important to keep accuracy high because that decides the gradient of your score curve. Perhaps you made more mistakes there than elsewhere which led you to access more easy and medium questions in set. But even this theory doesn't hold ground because you have still got 12 hard questions.

I suggest that take official exam scores as pbenchmark of your performance instead. On many ocassions I have found Veritas test scoring as the best approximation. Try them as well before being judgemental.

And keep working hard. All the best!!! :)

Tag me for any further query.

thank you very much your reply was really very helpful
i was getting realy worried your insights were very good
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Sorry about the score. Or you can definitely discard it but I would encourage you to review your mistakes and be on alert. Of course putting your head into the sand is another strategy if you prefer that. ? As to the score, top of my head: You missed a number of easy and medium questions.
You got 4 wrong in the first 10 questions.
And finally, the score, does not directly depend on the number of questions you got right or wrong.

Keep in mind that both on the GMAT and GMAT Club tests, there are experimental questions which are not scored. Don’t assume that if you got a 700 level question, that means you’re doing great Or if you have answered it correctly, then your score must jump up.

Also, your scores will fluctuate and range wildly if you have not completed your prep. If you covered Pronouns and assumptions but didn’t touch the bold face or subject verb agreement yet, your score will fluctuate depending on the topics being presented and how they are sequenced in each test. Even though each test consists of a particular number of question types and topics, there is a range and sometimes you get one but face and sometimes you get three of them.

Posted from my mobile device

thank you very much bb
for taking time and replying to my problem
i love this thing best on gmatclub platform that experts are always ready to help students..
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Good luck. I am hoping this is a huge computational mistake. That would be the best case scenario. Hopefully it also scares you to study harder and do better ? with only a minor heart attack. ? but in seriousness, Toshiba high score, you have to do better than many others.... send that usually requires putting it more effort than what others are able or willing to put in. It also requires you to study better, more efficiently as you race against the clock. It is easy to read a book and say done. Your goal is to get as much as you can from the book of course so whatever you’re using.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Chetan1286,

The only way to realistically measure how you might perform on the Official GMAT is to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT/mock under realistic testing conditions (that match up with what you will face when you take the Official GMAT). When was the last time you took a CAT and how did you score?

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot