Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 610 Q35 V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Gies iMBA 2021 Applicants anyone? [#permalink]
Kudos
Got my interview scheduled for 10/12. We shall see! :heart :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
amberskyt wrote:
Got my interview scheduled for 10/12. We shall see! :heart :)

all the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
✨ Congrats! You're an Illini! ✨ I'm in!! I’m just waiting for official email now..

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
If anyone wants to connect on LinkedIn, send me a PM. I'd love to connect with you guys. I'll mostly likely be starting in March 2021 because I'm an accountant and Jan & Feb gets pretty busy at work. Hope to see one of you guys in my class!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just had my interview (had to move it from 10/12 due to work conflict). Was only 12 minutes long - SO quick but she did ask quite a few of those basic questions. Overall I feel like it went fine and we shall see! She said that the committee meets bi-weekly, so I will hear back (next?) Thursday or Friday. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dualmatrix wrote:
I just got accepted. I had my interview yesterday afternoon and received the e-mail today. I've also applied to Boston University's online MBA program. I'm still awaiting decision from BU but Geis' program seems much more attractive.

I'm looking to finish either program in about 3 years since I'm an accountant and January classes would be too much since we're wrapping up year-end financials.

Have you heard anything yet from Boston? I also applied only to Illinois and Boston. I got my invite to interview on 9/29 (same day you were accepted) and just had my interview today. She said that they are meeting bi-weekly and I should hear back next Thursday or Friday. Boston I haven't heard anything from at all. I know that their actual decision date isn't until December, so I figure they're just biding their time until they have more applicants and go from there. Just wondering how long it took for you to hear from them so I can use that as a gauge for my own situation. And congrats on the acceptance to be a Fighting Illini! :D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I had interviewed on a Monday for Gies and was told that the Friday of that week was when they would meet for their bi-weekly meetings but I got the acceptance e-mail the day after my interview. Don't be surprised if you hear from them sooner than next Friday.

For BU, the admissions director said during their Admissions Webinar that they would be making their decisions mid-October which lines up with the e-mail I got from them on Friday saying that I didn't get accepted and would be put on the waiting list if any spots opened up. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post external links in this forum but if you search "BU Online MBA Questrom Spring 2021" and "reddit" in google, there's a reddit thread and people in there are posting that they've been accepted or put on the waitlist so I think you should hear from BU soon. I believe they were admitting only 400 students for Spring 2021 with I think about 100-150 were already taken up by those who applied for Fall 2020 but BU didn't have enough space to accommodate them for that semester so I'm not that confident that a spot will open for me for Spring 2021. They said that they will make all their decisions by December for those on waitlist but I'm not sure if I can wait that long. I think I have until Nov 15 to accept to offer to start class with Gies in Jan. Since I prefer starting in March, that Nov 15 deadline may actually not apply to me. I'll have to e-mail Gies admissions to verify.

May I ask of the two programs, which program are you leaning towards? I'm still leaning towards Gies but some aspects of BU sound interesting but probably a moot point since BU probably won't open a spot for me lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dualmatrix wrote:
I had interviewed on a Monday for Gies and was told that the Friday of that week was when they would meet for their bi-weekly meetings but I got the acceptance e-mail the day after my interview. Don't be surprised if you hear from them sooner than next Friday.

For BU, the admissions director said during their Admissions Webinar that they would be making their decisions mid-October which lines up with the e-mail I got from them on Friday saying that I didn't get accepted and would be put on the waiting list if any spots opened up. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post external links in this forum but if you search "BU Online MBA Questrom Spring 2021" and "reddit" in google, there's a reddit thread and people in there are posting that they've been accepted or put on the waitlist so I think you should hear from BU soon. I believe they were admitting only 400 students for Spring 2021 with I think about 100-150 were already taken up by those who applied for Fall 2020 but BU didn't have enough space to accommodate them for that semester so I'm not that confident that a spot will open for me for Spring 2021. They said that they will make all their decisions by December for those on waitlist but I'm not sure if I can wait that long. I think I have until Nov 15 to accept to offer to start class with Gies in Jan. Since I prefer starting in March, that Nov 15 deadline may actually not apply to me. I'll have to e-mail Gies admissions to verify.

May I ask of the two programs, which program are you leaning towards? I'm still leaning towards Gies but some aspects of BU sound interesting but probably a moot point since BU probably won't open a spot for me lol

Aw geez, sorry about that. Did you even get an interview request or were you directly waitlisted? I'm kind of expecting to have the same happen to me. I have almost 20 years of work experience and decent but not stellar GPA and I didn't take the GMAT. I'm leaning toward BU because I kind of like the simplicity of the program (6 courses, one a semester), the edX platform and the fact that it's a new venture for them. I also love Boston and would love to be able to feel like a small part of me actually "belongs" there. Silly but it's true. :D

I do like Gies and the iMBA program as well. They obviously have the program running really well and know what they're doing there. Coursera platform, combined with the UI school side of things and getting different grad certificates/diverse course material (with choices) is compelling and I love football, so having a team to root for would be fun. Go, Fighting Illini!

I am also considering a Masters in Financial Planning instead of MBA, since I'm actually planning on becoming a Financial Advisor at my firm and I could then take the CFP exam and start my career with that already in place. I already got accepted to a program for that, I just kind of like the idea of a reputable MBA under my belt rather than being so "on the nose" with my degree. I'll wait to see what happens with both MBA schools and then make my decision. Exciting stuff.

Congratulations and good luck to you!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey guys, I have got my interview scheduled on this coming Saturday (24th October). Hoping for the best!

Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to all who got an acceptance in the IMBA Jan 2021 cohort. I just had my interview on Oct 18th and I should hear this week something. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys! Been reading through this thread for quite a while now but finally decided to join in because I got my interview invitation! Yay! Any advice for those of you who already went through the process? I’m a little worried because I just finished my undergrad last May and only have about three years of part time work experience but have 3.5+ gpa.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
jamappelleSUMIT wrote:
Congrats to all who got an acceptance in the IMBA Jan 2021 cohort. I just had my interview on Oct 18th and I should hear this week something. Fingers crossed!

Yay! Hoping all the best for you!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Geenee - I got asked 4 questions, Tell me about yourself, walk through the resume , professional experience etc. What are your long term goals and short term goals, What would you bring on the table? What challenge do you think you would have while doing an online MBA

My only suggestion would be to prep up and have clear concise answers, definitely have questions to ask back I had a lot of questions so my interview lasted almost 35 to 40 mins I think. so Best of luck..and It should be all good.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my acceptance from the College for Spring 2021. Was going to also apply to Boston but since they’re not making decisions until December, it doesn’t look like I can wait until then. Was leaning toward being an Illini anyway and am excited. Looking forward to meeting everyone in my cohort!

Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
I just got my acceptance a few mins back as well. Looking forward to connecting with the other illini and I'm excited to all the learning.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
I also just got my acceptance a few hours ago. Congrats to everyone!

I am going to reach out to Boston, since I had submitted an application to them a month ago and hoping to hear at least a "no" before I make a final decision on any programs.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview - was told I will hear back on Friday!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts