Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2148 [0]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: GMAT experience for Canadian Schools [#permalink]
satyd wrote:
Hi All,
I am writing about my GMAT experience so that it gives hope to all those aspirants who have average or below average GMAT scores. I am an Indian settled in Canada for last 6yrs. I completed my MSC from top Canadian University and I had my undergraduate background from NIT in India. I maintained very good GPA in both the places. But my GMAT score was below average considering that average GMAT score for most students from India is around 680. I was disappointed with my scores and I gave it quite late in April. The domestic deadlines for all Canadian schools were mostly by April 30 or May mid. I gave my heart to the essays and video essays and prepared strong resume. My supervisors were generous in writing letter of support. I got interview calls from Schulich, John Molson, Sauder, Haskayne....With blessings from GOD and lot of well-wishers I was able to convert all...
All I wanted to say is schools look into your profile in a wholesome way. For written and video essays it is good to be original and keep the answers in simple English. They look for honesty and are interested to know why do you want to pursue MBA, your story not a general one

Congratulations. I completely agree with you. For MBA, GMAT score is one of the factors, other than GMAT, our profile and leadership potentiality, Essays, Recommendations will play a vital role in your candidature.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT experience for Canadian Schools [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37314 posts