It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 03:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep(R)Exam Pack 1 and 2 vs free practice exams in GMAT software

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT Prep(R)Exam Pack 1 and 2 vs free practice exams in GMAT software [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 21:58
Hi! I downloaded free gmat prepware with 2 free tests a year ago and I practiced it... When I went to the official exam I scored exactly what I scored at the practice test (I also took Kaplan practice test and results were quite different). Now I would like to take one more practice exam and tried to download updated version of freesoftware but I am afraid it contains the same practice tests... Do you think so too, may be someone tried it?
The MBA site also contains what is called GMAT Prep(R)Exam Pack 1 and 2 costing about 89 USD if bought together.. Can I count that these practice exam are different from the ones on free software?
In addition I purchased the Official Guide with online access from Wiley efficient learning, it does contan inactive option - Practice exam, I just don't know, if it is inactive because I did not complete all questions from question bank or it is inactive as I did not by practice exam option?

Your responses to this question will be much appreciated and awarded with kudos:)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT Prep(R)Exam Pack 1 and 2 vs free practice exams in GMAT software [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 22:34
This post received
KUDOS
The default GMATprep software contains about 700 questions. These have been the same since it was made.
The exam pack 1 and 2 have a different set of questions and these questions do not overlap with the default free CATs.
The total questions in EP1 and EP2 is somewhere around 200 each is what I read somewhere in this forum.

As experienced by many users here, if you reset the default GMATprep free tests, the probability that you will encounter the same question is lesser. Some people have seen around 4 or 5 questions repeating when they reset the test and tried it again from the default pack. However, if you try to reset EP1 and EP2, you may encounter more instances of questions repeating.

The wiley online learning module and GMATprep are exclusive.
Manager
Manager
B
Re: GMAT Prep(R)Exam Pack 1 and 2 vs free practice exams in GMAT software [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 22:39
Thanks a lot, that is exactly the type of answer I was looking for..

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
Re: GMAT Prep(R)Exam Pack 1 and 2 vs free practice exams in GMAT software [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 06:37
I made a terrible mistake - did quant, verbal and just put random basis IR then pressed end exam twice at writing - not realizing that the program would not score and even save my answers! Waisted completely precious time!
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 08:24
You can reset the exam if you feel you need to do it again.
You can also review the answers that you have chosen.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 08:34
ss3617 wrote:
You can reset the exam if you feel you need to do it again.
You can also review the answers that you have chosen.

Problem is that I can't review the answers - this option is not available...
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 08:37
Did you receive a score after completing the test?
In that case, you should be able to review the answers as well.

GMATprep allows review of Verbal, Quant and IR.
Only AWA cannot be reviewed
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 09:12
ss3617 wrote:
Did you receive a score after completing the test?
In that case, you should be able to review the answers as well.

GMATprep allows review of Verbal, Quant and IR.
Only AWA cannot be reviewed

No score, no answers and questions, nothing... just a note - that exam was ended
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 09:23
Whoops.
Then I guess, you may have to reset the test and retake it.

I suggest that you take the second test and then reset it. So that one test at least will be properly scored. If you reset now, you may find repeat questions again in both the test. If you do it later, you can salvage at least one, but at the cost of increasing probability of getting repeat questions.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 10:26
Yes, I reloaded the test but is bad I already did test #3, so, now I reloaded had in verbal sections about 5 questions from #3 (think so) and about 7 questions from the test that I wasted. But for arithmetical - I either do not remember or they have larger database - I can't recall, if I had repeated question from test # 4 (that I wasted) and may be, a couple from #3 but I am not sure..
VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 19:14
Erjan_S wrote:
Yes, I reloaded the test but is bad I already did test #3, so, now I reloaded had in verbal sections about 5 questions from #3 (think so) and about 7 questions from the test that I wasted. But for arithmetical - I either do not remember or they have larger database - I can't recall, if I had repeated question from test # 4 (that I wasted) and may be, a couple from #3 but I am not sure..
I think you hit the reset button before attempting the next test. What ss3617 was trying to say is that if you go ahead with the next test (without resetting the pack), you will be able to get at least one "fresh" test.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 22:52
AjiteshArun wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:
I think you hit the reset button before attempting the next test. What ss3617 was trying to say is that if you go ahead with the next test (without resetting the pack), you will be able to get at least one "fresh" test.

No, I already took 3rd test before that so it was not an option unforunately....
Re: GMAT Prep(R)Exam Pack 1 and 2 vs free practice exams in GMAT software   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2018, 22:52

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap