Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Which is the best online prep course among EGMAT, Magoosh, Target test Prep(TTP)?

You may select 1 option
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep Strategy 2021 [#permalink]
S4ntoryo wrote:
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and planning to start preparing for GMAT.
I have a couple of questions which might help me choose the right resources.

1. Which is the best online prep course among EGMAT, Magoosh, Target Test Prep(TTP)? other suggestions are also welcome.
I have researched that TTP is good for quant and EGMAT verbal is good but I'm not really sure which one is the best overall.

2. Is MGMAT 7th edition(latest one) better then 6th edition for quant and verbal.

Hi,

Please don't vote for such polls. Trust me, I am just a regular student, not paid by any company to say this.

All companies irrespective of where they are put their heart and soul in creating these programs for students. It is upto the students to glean what they can, and give the GMAT and if they suck in GMAT, then they should supplement their coaching with something else.

Such polls, like the one you have above, disrespect the work done by these companies by putting a dumb percentage of how many like/ dislike a product. Such percentages may itself be biased because you don't know how each one of us are when it comes to taking online coaching.

So, Don't Vote.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi S4ntoryo,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different study materials that you might use. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can access 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have that Score, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
S4ntoryo wrote:
Hi all,

1. Which is the best online prep course among EGMAT, Magoosh, Target Test Prep(TTP)? other suggestions are also welcome.
I have researched that TTP is good for quant and EGMAT verbal is good but I'm not really sure which one is the best overall.

2. Is MGMAT 7th edition(latest one) better then 6th edition for quant and verbal.

Hi S4ntoryo ! Welcome to the forum !

I'd like to go deeper and tell you about what you should look for while selecting a course so that you can make the best decision for yourself.

While looking for a course there's the obvious factors that one looks for - cost, content and teachers. But I'd recommend that you look for some other factors as well.

1. Look for a course that not only teaches you concepts but also teaches you the application of these concepts. GMAT is a test of application skills and as such this is a crucial factor. A course that teaches you a structured way of solving questions is very important if you want to score 700+.
2. It should provide you with a clear and structured study plan. Your focus should be only on learning and not struggling with what and how to study. Look for a course that provides you with the guidance for the same.
3. It should give you detailed feedback on your performance and show you exactly where you can improve

I would recommend that you check out the free trial of GMATWhiz. They provide an AI powered learning platform that comes with a comprehensive amount of content and an integrated study plan that is completely personalized for you. Furthermore, the platform provides real time insights on your performance, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses while providing a road map to improvement. You can do that here ->

GMATWhiz Free Trial

If you wish to get into a more detailed discussion directly over a call, we can do that as well. You can use this link for the same ->

Click here to schedule a call

In the meantime, I believe this is a good starting point for your GMAT Prep

gmat action plan video -

How to Score 750+ on GMAT

Best of Luck !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Prep Strategy 2021 [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi S4ntoryo,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different study materials that you might use. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www . empowergmat . com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can access 2 for free at www . mba . com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have that Score, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Hi Rich,
Thank you for writing back. I am targeting 740+. I am planning to take the GMAT in December 2021 and will apply after June 2022. I am yet to shortlist schools.Let me know your inputs on this. Thank you

Originally posted by S4ntoryo on 22 Jun 2021, 09:28.
Last edited by S4ntoryo on 22 Jun 2021, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
GMATWhizTeam
Hi GMATWhizTeam,
Thank for the reply and valuable inputs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DallasMavericks1 you might find it useful.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7626 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
GMAT Prep Strategy 2021 [#permalink]
Top Contributor
Hi S4ntoryo

At the outset,we are glad that you have decided to start an exciting journey ahead.

However,chosing a brand to prep depends on several factors.

(1)Assesment of where you stand currently and where do you intend to reach in a defined time span.

(2)What are your expectations? Are you already confident and need to brush up with the basics or are you looking for a deeper approach to all/selected topics.

(3)Do you need constant mentoring or you are comfortable with quality application based content which you can go through yourself?

(4)Is the company providing you a tailor made study plan or not?Are you looking for Og and its quality video solutions with weekly classes that are not limited to only advanced batches.

(5)Cost and time analysis.

You can access the courses for a limited time for free and can decide if the assistance is sought but before that we highly recommend a self introspection of every factor that has pushed you for a higher study,pushed you ahead for taking the GMAT,your expectations from yourself and the timeline that you define.
You can always reach us to know about our several products custom made for students.

We wish you the very best for not just the results but also for an incredible journey of the GMAT! :student_woman: :student_man:

Crackverbal Academics
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi S4ntoryo,

Studying for the GMAT now - far in advance of when you will actually "need" your Score - is a smart choice. That having been said, a 740+ Score is right around the 97th percentile (so clearly most Test-takers do not score that high on the Official GMAT). To properly plan out how you might best proceed with your studies, we need to define your current 'ability level' - so I want to reiterate how important it is for you to take a FULL CAT/mock sometime soon - and make sure to take it in a realistic fashion that matches-up with what you will face when you take the Official GMAT (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, if you will be at a Test Facility, then wear a face mask, etc.). Once you have that Score, you should PM me and we can discuss the results and how you might best proceed with your studies.

Rich
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6858 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
S4ntoryo wrote:
Hi all,

Hello, S4ntoryo. You may want to check out the study plan that bb has outlined in this post, which has useful links throughout for the self-studier. I like that it separates information and recommendations by level of study: beginner or advanced.

To speak to your questions directly, you may want to shop around and explore a few trials if you prefer an online prep course. See what you like or dislike. What works for one person or even ten thousand people may not work for you, and before you commit to a program financially, you want to do your due diligence.

The latest Manhattan Prep guides cover most of the same material as the older guides. There are a few updates, but some of the more advanced examples and certain topics were dropped. Once again, I would refer you to a post by bb.

I hope this information proves useful to you. Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Bot