Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Re: GMAT retry [#permalink]
aleksy wrote:
Well my question is not to apply with a low score but my previous failed attempts will be enough to deter them to serious consider my application. If my failed attempts is too much a dead weight, then I should not be bothered with an MBA.

Come users. Please give me more input.

Schools consider your highest score. Period. Don't fret about the "low" scores in earlier attempts.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Oh - gotcha - yup, not an issue. Only the highest score counts and an improved score over a few tries can paint you in a positive, tenacious light!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: SDA Bocconi - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.21
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi !

Well I would tend to disagree with few posts here. Its not that Schools just consider your highest score.

They receive all your scores and its really up to their decision person to person what they want to consider. Usually they take the highest one but some of them tend to do the average as well.

And yes increasing your score would sound positive to them.

Also, GMAT is important but definitely if you have something extraordinary for them, you would be considered.
GMAT is an ability test and if you give many times - Highest is considered usually when there is time gap between your attempts
If the attempts are too close they might average it. Hence, be careful of how you time it as well.

Cheers !
DJ
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
dheeraj7890 wrote:
Hi !

Well I would tend to disagree with few posts here. Its not that Schools just consider your highest score.

They receive all your scores and its really up to their decision person to person what they want to consider. Usually they take the highest one but some of them tend to do the average as well.

And yes increasing your score would sound positive to them.

Also, GMAT is important but definitely if you have something extraordinary for them, you would be considered.
GMAT is an ability test and if you give many times - Highest is considered usually when there is time gap between your attempts
If the attempts are too close they might average it. Hence, be careful of how you time it as well.

Cheers !
DJ

Ok. I concede to the averaging part for a few schools (I have also heard but don't recall the school names). Can you please name a few?

Most schools that I know will usually ask the applicant which score is to be considered (most applicants will ask for the highest score to be considered - very few exceptions here). Though some allow you to pick highest verbal and highest quant scores over multiple attempts (INSEAD included).
GMAT Club Bot