It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 09:18

Happening Now:

Live Chat with Cornell Johnson Adcoms and Students. Join HERE  |  HBS R1 Decision Chat

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations, Operations
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V26
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 07:18
This was my first attempt at GMAT. I scored a 610. way below my expectation. My quant score was Q48 Verbal score was V26.
I started preparing for GMAT From mid -june. I didn't put any special efforts in Quant i had subscribed to gmat club Quant course.

I needed help in verbal i had subsribed for E - GMAT Verbal online course. i finished the whole course.
My first gmat prep score was : Q48 V 20 560. I gave my first gmat prep mock in the first week of august after completing 50% of the course.
I panicked a lot. i contacted E-gmat experts . they were very helpful in this regard they had sent me a specific plan to improve my verbal ability .
I started following the plan altough i cudn't give my 100% following the plan. I contacted the e gmat experts again , mentioning that my accuracy in verbal sentence correction has improved a bit but under timed conditions i am still not able to solve correctly. they had advised me to postpone my gmat date and improve my ability level first. I should sincerely thank all the e- gmat experts they would always respond to any query within 24 hours also the course is quite good .
I still took the risk of giving the GMAT on 22nd september as i have some personal commitments after september. I took 10 days leave from my work . I thought i could improve my score within the stipulated period time with practice . but i was wrong.
I took a mock in IMS on 12 th of september i scored : 620
2nd mock: IMS on 15th september : 640
3 rd mock gmat prep :610 ( Q48, V 26)
4th mock 800 score.com : 640 ( Q 48, V29) I took this on 20th september

I was confident that i could score around 650 now.

But on test day my system got hanged while i was attempting the quants section I got panicked i thought i have not done well in my quants section and i was not able to focus in my verbal section.

I am aiming for a score of 670-680.
is it acheivable within 1 month of time?
Is retaking a good option for me??
advise needed.

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat

Kudos [?]: 3679 [0], given: 173

GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 12:07
Hi ShrutiC,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, your CAT score results - and Official GMAT Score - show that you essentially performed the same each time (610 +/- a few points). Your initial CAT score isn't that 'far' from how you were scoring recently, so all of this data implies that you are fairly consistent in term of how you take the Exam - you handle certain aspects of of the GMAT consistently well, but you also make certain consistent mistakes. You're actually closer to a 670 than you probably realize, but you will have to make some fundamental changes to how you 'see' (and respond to) the Exam to raise your score to that level.

In answer to your immediate question - Yes, it is possible to hit your goal score in about 1 month... BUT only if you learn and practice the proper Tactics. If you continue to work through the GMAT "your way", then you will likely continue to score at the same general level in the low-600s.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Operations, Operations
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V26
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 18:27
Hello rich,
I am planning to apply for the following
courses 1) masters i
n information systems in university of Washington
2) masters in supply chain management university of Washington
3) masters in business analytics
Seattle university

The deadlines for all these courses is mid January early February

Going forward I can put in 12-15 hours a week of study .

Thanks,
Rich

Sent from my CPH1609 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 73 [2], given: 419

GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
Well

The question is how long do you have and how much effort with you be able to put in your preparation for GMAT?
I had your same problem and after the second try i realized there was something wrong with my verbal preparation. Despite countlss hours i put, my score came down.
Therefore, i went back to my basic and used only official materials for practice, and those questions that i couldn't solve correctly,i searched internet for them, watch a couple of videos offered by Ron and read where was i going wrong. I can say i practice over 600 SC GMAT Prep questions and it helped me to get my SC to 42 and higher as well as my CR to 39 and higher. Right now, i am working on my RC to improve to at least 35 or higher so i can secure a 40 or higher on my GMAT. My last try V was 39.
I hope if you have time and follow the same path, it will be helpful.

Kudos [?]: 73 [2], given: 419

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat

GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 13:22
Hi ShrutiC,

You have the potential to pick up all of the missing points that you're looking for in the Verbal section. Thus, given your timeframe and score goal, I think that you would find the EMPOWERgmat Verbal Score Booster to be quite helpful. Most of our clients finish that Study Plan in under a month, so it would fit your schedule perfectly. During that time, you'll also be able to access any of the Quant resources that interest you. We have a variety of free resources on our site (www.empowergmat.com), so you can 'test out' the Course before setting up an account.

Since the application deadlines for the Programs that you're interested in are not until January/February of next year, is there a reason why you're 'limiting' your studies to just one additional month?

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Re: GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2017, 13:22

GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap