Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
Send PM
Re: GMAT Score Mystery [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC

1) How many times have you taken the Official GMAT? When did you take each Exam and what were your Scores for each attempt (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)? - I took the Official GMAT on Aug 17th '21, got a 600 (Q39,V32)
2) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take each of these 4 CATs/mocks? Did you take any additional CATs besides these four? -
#3 - 29th Aug, #4 - 25th Sep, #5 - 27th Nov, #6 - 29th Jan'22
3) What are your current application plans? Are you planning to apply sometime soon (and if so, then what specific application deadlines are you facing?)? - I want to get done by March to work on R1 this year.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi karnavora1,

I've sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
karnavora1 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been part of the forum for a while and haven't been able to get the score that I want (690+).
In the past 6-8 months I have given 4 GMAT Official Mocks and my scores keep fluctuating, I want to try and understand why that is happening and what can I do to stop it and get my desired score. None of these exams were reset and all the questions were new to me.

#3: 720 (Q50, V38)
#4: 640 (Q44, V34)
#5: 720 (Q48, V40)
#6: 620 (Q43, V33)

I have exhausted my Official GMAT Mocks but still don't feel confident about booking the real exam, any advise on why my score is fluctuating and what can I do to get a 690-720 on the test.

ScottTargetTestPrep EMPOWERgmatRichC GMATWhizTeam generis

Thanks

Hi karnavora1,

Let me share my insights here.

For scoring 700 and above, you need to get the easy medium questions right as GMAT test is adaptive in nature. You can afford making mistakes only in the latter half of the Section, not in the beginning. You have to make the GMAT algorithm serve you difficult questions and get them right. For that, being conceptually clear on all topics is really vital. Not only this, you have to be good with application of concepts because GMAT is a test of application of concepts.

Looking at your score break-up, you definitely have consistency issues. There are wild swings in your scores which implies that you haven’t followed a very structured approach. Having said that, it would be too early to conclude anything without knowing the actual reason. To understand what could have led to the fluctuations in the score and to suggest you the plan of action, I need a little more information about your GMAT preparation. I would like to know more about

• the way you prepared till now (your study strategy)
  • your weak areas
  • your approach of solving questions
  • the resources you have used

Answers to these questions will help me guide you in a better way. And I personally suggest to go for the exam only after you prepared well and are 100% confident.

Having said that, I would like to have a one-on-one conversation with you. The discussion would be mostly around the answers to the above questions, the approximate time you have for the attempt and the plan of action. You use use the link below to schedule a call with me.

Click here to schedule a call
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi karnavora1,

I'm happy to help. Before providing specific advice, I have an important question. Can you tell me more specifically what exactly you have been doing to learn GMAT quant and verbal?
GMAT Club Bot