GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 02:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Scores

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Scores  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2013, 08:57
Hi

I wish to attend Rotman School of business. I have extensive management experience as well as technical and I ran my own personal business in the past, but i've been out of school for a long time and writing the GMAT's is a bit scary for me. I wanted to know how much do I need to score on my GMAT in order to be considered as a potential candidate for Rotman school of Business.

Thank you

faraz
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2013, 09:54
mfarazk wrote:
Hi

I wish to attend Rotman School of business. I have extensive management experience as well as technical and I ran my own personal business in the past, but i've been out of school for a long time and writing the GMAT's is a bit scary for me. I wanted to know how much do I need to score on my GMAT in order to be considered as a potential candidate for Rotman school of Business.

Thank you

faraz

You should aim for about average score... so look up the average score for the schools you are targeting and that's your goal :roll:

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 12:27
Hi Faraz,

You should aim for a score in the range that we typically admit candidates at which you can see here:
https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/ ... ofile.aspx

Note that the reason why there is a range at which we admit students is because we weigh all components of a candidate’s profile equally. So for example, a not-so-high GMAT score can be offset by a strong GPA, work experience, etc.

Conversely, if someone has an exceptional GMAT score but not-so-great GPA, work experience, etc, they might have a more difficult time getting admission.

Hope that makes sense!
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: michael.moses@rotman.utoronto.ca
Manager
Manager
Schools: Rotman '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 12:35
I just want to echo Michael's comments from the perspective of a student. They do look at your application holistically; I know colleagues who are in the program with GMAT scores that are less than the average, but they are spectacular students - super smart and super motivated. I also know people who had high 700 GMAT scores that didn't get in. The GMAT score really is just a fifth of your application (the other fifths being: undergraduate GPA, essays, work experience, and the admissions interview).

That being said, you also have to consider the industry you wish to enter for your summer internship and full-time recruiting. Some industries care about GMAT scores; for example in consulting, it is difficult (not impossible) to get an internship with a sub-700 GMAT. You would need a high GPA and great pre-MBA work experience to offset it (and do a lot of networking). I think the other industries care much less about GMAT, although I'm not 100% on this.

So aim high! If you need advice with GMAT preparation, feel free to send me a PM. If you want more accurate information on GMAT scores, feel free to contact the admissions office: mba@rotman.utoronto.ca
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2015, 22:27
mr.billiards,mr.michael,gud info..i have a cgpa of 7.95 and have currently 3 years work experience from manufacturing sector. Do u think my gpa is enough to apply to rotman?.i am from INDIA
Official Business School Representative

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2015, 06:01
Hello manojsundar1,

We weigh every component of each candidate's profile equally. So for example, even if a candidate has a perfect GMAT but not-so-great work experience, we might not admit them. Conversely another candidate might not have a great GPA but incredible work experience, strong GMAT, etc. That can offset a component of the application that might not be as strong. The point is, we weigh everything equally. For additional insight I'd recommend getting in touch with us at mba@rotman.utoronto.ca.

**IMPORTANT** Please note that for the most accurate and up-to-date insight on how to maximize your chances at admissions, I would recommend following the members of the Rotman Recruitment and Admissions team. I realize though, that the anonymity of web forums makes it difficult sometimes to tell who is who. However, us members of the Recruitment & Admissions team will always have our full contact information in the footer of each of our posts indicating that we are us. :-)
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: michael.moses@rotman.utoronto.ca
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Date: 07-05-2015

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2015, 20:14
Thanx a lot for the information.. However I am currently reviewing my options in B school... I have a GMAT score of 700 (CGPA of 9.5) and above 85% in all my boards.. Also I have been working for quite sometime in a NGO. My work experience is 4 years 2.5 years in a Indian Manufacturing company (Tata Group) and 1.5 years in an engineering consultancy firm. Do I have a fair chance in Rotman considering an above average essay.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Scores   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2015, 20:14

GMAT Scores

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: redskull1