It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 19:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT verbal tutor required- Delhi NCR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
GMAT verbal tutor required- Delhi NCR [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 13:46
Hi,

I appeared for GMAT this week and scored a 630(Q49 V27). The major impediment has been verbal. I have been preparing for GMAT for the past 6 months. Although my quant scores have remained stable at 48-50, verbal scores have greatly fluctuated from V26 to V34. Following are the problems that I face while giving CATs:

1. I put a lot of emphasis on the first ten questions. While doing that a substantial amount of time gets squandered. After I finish the first ten questions I am atleast 5
mins behind. This creates a domino effect since i spend around 30-40 seconds extra per question. I feel a great amount of pressure when i have completed around 25
questions. At that point of time i only have around 18-20 mins left with 16 questions remaining. Then I rush through the entire paper. During the final 1 min of time. I
have to randomly guess at least 6 questions.
2. The reason for problem No.1 is that after following POE, i narrow down to 2 or 3 answer choices and then begins the GAME of DILEMMA( Is it A?? Is it B ?? reading the
choices again and again to find out the nuances. ohh and not to forget the running timer!!!)

What I think is that there is some serious problem with my fundamentals which ultimately creates a time crunch in exams. I have practiced questions from OG/OG review/GMAT prep. Practicing so many questions hasn't borne any fruit. So I think a mentor/coach who keeps a watchful eye on the way I approach verbal questions will be beneficial. Also such an expert will help changing the thought process that i use while approaching verbal questions.

Any suggestions for private tutors( preferably in Delhi NCR) will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Prateek Bhola

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D

Kudos [?]: 236 [0], given: 97

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT verbal tutor required- Delhi NCR [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2017, 08:38
Hi!

I cannot recommend a tutor, but these threads miht be helpful:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/timing-strat ... 06035.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-so ... 46146.html

+1 Kudos is the best way to say "Thank you!"

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 737 [0], given: 19

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2017, 13:48
Hi prateek176

You have the choice of going for classroom coaching for GMAT in Delhi.
Schedule a Demo class with the faculty(specifically for the Verbal Section)
and go with one which is best suited for your style of studying. What works for me may not work for you!
From what I have heard GMAT services are offered by PythaGurus, Career Launcher, Jamboree, and Princeton Review.

Also, if you are specifically looking for a Verbal tutor, you could look at people anywhere
(since it is easier to connect easily online)
Post which might help you : http://www.gmatninja.com/2017/01/03/ind ... companies/

As for the second point you made, don't overthink the problem!
Re-reading when you have no picture will not get you closer to the solution.

Hope that helps you.

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 737 [0], given: 19

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 08:57
I finally found the article that I helped me a lot. It is called "Everything You Need to Know about GMAT Time Management". Here is the link:

https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog ... 0(Part%203)%20-%20Linkback%20to%20Part%201

+1 Kudos is the best way to say "Thank you!"

Re: GMAT verbal tutor required- Delhi NCR   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2017, 08:57

GMAT verbal tutor required- Delhi NCR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap