GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 18:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Going from a 460 to 700.. anyone in same boat??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Going from a 460 to 700.. anyone in same boat??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 18:51
Hello!

This is my first time ever posting on any forum online. My recent scores have inspired me to reach out here to see if anyone out there is going through the same issue. I recently took my first CAT to receive a Q24 and V30 :cry:
I signed up with Manhattan Prep a few days ago to start the prep journey. Thought this may be a good forum for those individuals who aspire to get in the 700 category but are starting with a super low score.
Love to hear if anyone has any stories of success here-- :)

Oh and did I mention? I have three months to take to test :cry: I am trying to keep positive and have started a study schedule that consists of 2 hours of prep each day with the Manhattan materials.

Love to hear from ya'll!

Thank you,
gmattime123
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Going from a 460 to 700.. anyone in same boat??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 05:51
gmattime123 wrote:
Hello!

This is my first time ever posting on any forum online. My recent scores have inspired me to reach out here to see if anyone out there is going through the same issue. I recently took my first CAT to receive a Q24 and V30 :cry:
I signed up with Manhattan Prep a few days ago to start the prep journey. Thought this may be a good forum for those individuals who aspire to get in the 700 category but are starting with a super low score.

Oh and did I mention? I have three months to take to test :cry: I am trying to keep positive and have started a study schedule that consists of 2 hours of prep each day with the Manhattan materials.

Love to hear from ya'll!

Thank you,
gmattime123

Hi gmattime123,

Welcome to GMATCLUB! Three months is good enough to achieve a good score. It's a good thing GMAT practice test once. You now know your weaknesses and can work on them. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for that period, you are sure to achieve your goal. I believe you may benefit from taking a GMATPREP course.

Your choice of using MGMAT guides for your preparation is great. MGMAT guides are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the verbal review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... ml?fl=menu

Lastly, you can check out a very interesting article by Mike McGarry from Magoosh detailing a 3 month study plan

https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-g ... -students/. You will find it very helpful as it gives out a study plan as per your needs.

Hope this helps. All the best.
B
Schools: ISB '20, NUS '21
GMAT 1: 420 Q26 V13
GMAT 2: 540 Q44 V21

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 06:45
gmattime123 wrote:
Hello!

Love to hear from ya'll!

Thank you,
gmattime123

+1 buddy
I had scored 420 in my first GMAT exam :cry: :( :shocked :blushing :blushing :blushing :blushing
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 09:41
Hello gmattime123 .... I agree with rohan2345 ....... any good score is possible.
Just also go through the post below by bb ....... it will help you plan your actions:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/topic80727.html#p605856

All the best !!
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 11:51
I scored extremely low on the trial test. Started the preparation today and got only 6 months to finish. I plan to be consistent with my study plan and focus on the maths initially and understand the methodology behind each question that I find challenging.

Good luck nothing is impossible!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 14:47
Hi again,

Rohan and u1983 thanks for the advice will for sure look into those recommendations. Yep deddex feel those sentiments haha! Menina-- totally agree beginning to get to the root of where I am not understanding a problem.. has cleared the air so to speak.

Good luck anyone out there with this GMAT business! I will post back halfway in this journey :)

gmattime123
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 15:11
Hey!! I scored a miserable 460 too!! I am aiming to get to 700, but the fear of the exam and unknown questions have taken over. It would be nice to hear some motivation talks!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
V
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 22:30
Just keep going. I can relate to your situation totally. The first ever GMAt score i got was 420. I never gave up nor will i. In a recent attempt i have scored 640. Trying to push it all the way to 700 plus..GMAT journey is a marathon and not a sprint race
Re: Going from a 460 to 700.. anyone in same boat??   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2018, 22:30

Going from a 460 to 700.. anyone in same boat??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep