GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 06:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Goodman Business School 2019 Intake: Calling all Aspirants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.26
Re: Goodman Business School 2019 Intake: Calling all Aspirants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 03:55
I just received an admission's offer for the MBA-ISP. Good luck to you all, I'm waiting on the results from other universities to make my decision.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 04:56
Did anyone receive scholarship, if yes then how much...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q37 V38

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 16:38
Hey Guys,

So, I got an email congratulating me and saying that Goodman has recommended me for admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Since they've provided with me with info regarding current students I'm assuming this is pretty much a done deal. They said that I should expect an offer in a week or two.

I didn't have to take the KIRA interview. I applied to the regular MBA program and so I'm assuming the KIRA interview is only for people applying to the ISP program.

Does anyone know if we can push back the deposit deadline further?
I haven't heard back from other programs and I wanted to see if I can get more time before making a decision.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 17:50
sjm360 wrote:
Hey Guys,

So, I got an email congratulating me and saying that Goodman has recommended me for admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Since they've provided with me with info regarding current students I'm assuming this is pretty much a done deal. They said that I should expect an offer in a week or two.

I didn't have to take the KIRA interview. I applied to the regular MBA program and so I'm assuming the KIRA interview is only for people applying to the ISP program.

I haven't heard back from other programs and I wanted to see if I can get more time before making a decision.

The kira interview is indeed just for the ISP program. Regarding the deposit deadline, it cannot be pushed back unfortunately. And since the western union back transfer option takes 2-4 days, you need to shave 4 days off that deadline just to be on the safe side.

I'm also expecting to hear back from other universities, it's indeed a tight deadline.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 17:52
spongebob1 wrote:
sjm360 wrote:
Hey Guys,

The kira interview is indeed just for the ISP program. Regarding the deposit deadline, it cannot be pushed back unfortunately. And since the western union back transfer option takes 2-4 days, you need to shave 4 days off that deadline just to be on the safe side.

I'm also expecting to hear back from other universities, it's indeed a tight deadline.

How much is the deposit btw?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 22:04
sjm360 wrote:
spongebob1 wrote:
sjm360 wrote:
Hey Guys,

How much is the deposit btw?

3,000 CAD. The deadline for payment is a month + 4 days from the day of the admission letter.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 22:08
Hi, I have received an admit for the Full Time MBA Program.
Should the deposit be paid after sending official transcripts and degree to the University by post?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 22:13
DB11 wrote:
Hi, I have received an admit for the Full Time MBA Program.
Should the deposit be paid after sending official transcripts and degree to the University by post?

There's really no order to be followed. They just need the official transcripts to verify their authenticity. You can pay the deposit before or after you send the transcripts, but keep in mind the deposit is non-refundable UNLESS your visa gets declined.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.6
Goodman Business School 2019 Intake: Calling all Aspirants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2019, 07:20
Hi, I had my profile pre-assessed by the university and they recommended that I move forward with the application for MBA Fall'19. Is this a good sign of getting an admit?

Also, I have heard that after the completion of the application, the university usually takes a few days to make a decision and that there is a deadline to accept the offer. So should I purposely not complete my application so I can receive offers from other universities and then decide?

thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2019, 21:14
ian32666 wrote:
Hi, I had my profile pre-assessed by the university and they recommended that I move forward with the application for MBA Fall'19. Is this a good sign of getting an admit?

Also, I have heard that after the completion of the application, the university usually takes a few days to make a decision and that there is a deadline to accept the offer. So should I purposely not complete my application so I can receive offers from other universities and then decide?

thanks in advance.

I applied for the MBA-ISP. I didn't do the pre-assessment since I already knew that I exceeded the min requirements (GPA - Work experience...etc.). The pre-assessment process itself only confirms that you meet or exceed the minimum requirements, hence would be eligible for processing by the admissions committee. But it's definitely a good sign.

Once you actually submit the application, it takes 2-3 weeks for them to process it. Once it's processed, they'll send you a Kira interview link (if you're applying for the ISP program) then 2-3 days after completing it you'll receive the offer.

After the offer is received, you have a month to pay the 3,000 CAD deposit or you lose your spot.

The earlier you apply the better, since the admission is on a rolling basis (less competition when you apply early).

Hypothetically speaking, let's say you submit all your documents today (including the references, which normally are beyond you control), you'll probably be admitted in mid to late February, thus would have until the first week of April to pay your deposit fee.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 09:54
All my documents were submitted on 25th and I got an e-mail today, the 30th, that I should be expecting an offer letter in another week or so.

Any Indians who have applied for the MBA co-op program for Fall’19 please DM me.

Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: DeGroote'21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 20:37
abhas1992 wrote:
Yes, I got the admit
GRE- 301
IELTS: 7.0 Overall
Workx- 4+ Years

Hello abhas1992
Congrats for the admit,can you please inform about time it took for you to get the admit from the date of submission?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 20:39
Amogh005 wrote:
There was no kIRA interview for me, I directly received an admit offer.

Hello Amogh005
Congrats! can you please share the timeline from submitting the application till receipt of the admit, how much time did you wait?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 20:45
spongebob1 wrote:
sjm360 wrote:
Hey Guys,

What questions are asked in the KIRA interview? How long is it?
I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks!

7 video questions long (45 seconds to prepare and answer and 1:30 I think to actually give an answer) and 1 10 min written question.
All in all it takes about half an hour to complete.

Hello spongebob1
Congrats, can you please share what were the type of questions ( behavioral, why mba ,why brock? etc)asked during the video essay questions of KIRA?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 21:40
89renegade wrote:
Amogh005 wrote:

Hello Amogh005
Congrats! can you please share the timeline from submitting the application till receipt of the admit, how much time did you wait?

1 week, I recieved an admit in week.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 16:48
Amogh005 wrote:
89renegade wrote:
Amogh005 wrote:

Hello Amogh005

1 week, I recieved an admit in week.

Hello All,
I got an admit mail from Brock for fall 2019 Trad MBA
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 13:04
Hello 89renegade,
what are the questions asked in the kira interview?
When did you give the interview?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 21:13
Sakshi71996 wrote:
Hello 89renegade,

Traditional MBA applicants don't take the KIRA interview. If you're applying for the ISP program, hit up Spongebob. I had asked him about the KIRA interview earlier as I was also unsure of who has to take KIRA. He said that his questions were pretty much the same as this post: https://gmatclub.com/forum/asper-school ... l#p2211367
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 21:36
sjm360 wrote:
Sakshi71996 wrote:
Hello 89renegade,

Traditional MBA applicants don't take the KIRA interview. If you're applying for the ISP program, hit up Spongebob. I had asked him about the KIRA interview earlier as I was also unsure of who has to take KIRA. He said that his questions were pretty much the same as this post: https://gmatclub.com/forum/asper-school ... l#p2211367

Yes sjm360 is right, so I applied to both ISP as well as Trad mba. Kira had 7 video essay questions and 1 writtten question.

essay questions revolve around SOP why mba,why Brock?, leadership experience, how good is your communication? etc all behavioral level to understand your potential.Written question was what do you think about the future of social media used by organisations.

I got MBA FT offer so would reject ISP.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 21:51
sjm360 wrote:
Sakshi71996 wrote:
Hello 89renegade,

sjm360 - is there any whatsapp group made for Brock 2019 admitted candidates?
GMAT Club Bot
Goodman Business School 2019 Intake: Calling all Aspirants   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2019, 21:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 43 posts ] 

Goodman Business School 2019 Intake: Calling all Aspirants

new topic post reply Update application status