Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13387 [1]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [0]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
Re: GOT 490 (Q37V21) TARGET IS 750+ [#permalink]
GMATFreak420 wrote:
Just took a free test provided by Veritas Prep and scored a very poor score of 490! :dazed I didn't prepare for it as I wanted to set a benchmark as to where I stand currently. I noticed I can do far better on quants and found it quite easy but made a lot of silly mistakes. But what scared me was verbal! I didn't know what I was supposed to do in sentence correction but I did get a lot of tough questions correct! Even after getting a 490, I set a target of 750+ either way because I believe with a properly structured prep, I can definitely achieve that score!

Resources that I currently have:

1) Magoosh Quants
2) Veritas Verbal
3) Digital Codes of OG 2021 and Verbal + Quants Review 2021!

Please suggest to me if the above resources are sufficient and what should be a proper strategy to achieve the target score in the first attempt itself! Also, suggest to me the ideal prep duration!

I can give my whole day towards the prep as I am not working currently and have all the time in the world, at least until April 2021!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :angel:

what is the score split? in verbal & quant that is..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnirudhaS wrote:
GMATFreak420 wrote:
Just took a free test provided by Veritas Prep and scored a very poor score of 490! :dazed I didn't prepare for it as I wanted to set a benchmark as to where I stand currently. I noticed I can do far better on quants and found it quite easy but made a lot of silly mistakes. But what scared me was verbal! I didn't know what I was supposed to do in sentence correction but I did get a lot of tough questions correct! Even after getting a 490, I set a target of 750+ either way because I believe with a properly structured prep, I can definitely achieve that score!

1) Magoosh Quants
2) Veritas Verbal

Please suggest to me if the above resources are sufficient and what should be a proper strategy to achieve the target score in the first attempt itself! Also, suggest to me the ideal prep duration!

I can give my whole day towards the prep as I am not working currently and have all the time in the world, at least until April 2021!

what is the score split? in verbal & quant that is..

Q37V21

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATinsight wrote:
GMATFreak420 wrote:

1) Magoosh Quants
2) Veritas Verbal

My suggestion (Without sugercoating),

1) Set the first target of 700 and second target of 750 in Mock exams. People who set very high target tend to overdo things and fall much short of desired score.

2) Just saying Quant is much better isn't enough. Performing in exam is the key. Silly errors are hardest to rid of and on top of it, they cover your real errors from getting noticed. So revise all concepts and then be sure that you are close to your target score by taking mock exam again when you believe you are ready.

3) Add a resurce Manhattan (if possible at the expense of Magoosh) also, refer Veritas for Quant only and not for Verbal.

4) 10 hours a day available doesn't result in productive hours for studies so make best use of time by changing the subjects in focus during teh day after every 2 hours.

All the best!!! :)

Thanks a lot for your reply! I understand! I will first try to achieve a 700! Regarding the resources, is Magoosh not up to the mark? Because I've already finished a lot of the portion from Magoosh and I feel like if I change it now it might hurt my preparation! I have not started verbal yet so might be able to change the resource for that!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot