Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Re: Got a perfect GMAT Score: 800 Q51 V52 (Fake) [#permalink]
This was an amusing thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 736 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
that's really amusing,
it's amazing how at the beginning people started to point out his dubious claims politely. then gradually the insults started to pour in.
" am happy about your score but there is one thing I want to point out"
"am glad you got a perfect score but....."
"this can't be true"
"you piece ****..."
Retired Moderator
Send PM

yeah, i'll consider myself a hater in this specific instance :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
vwjetty wrote:
hahahaha true true. pretty sure in the event if someone did get a 800 he/she would not only need to be a genius but also have some luck as well :-)

I know. I took a GMAT prep , googled every question that came up to see its answer on gmatclub and still couldn't score 800 because square roots and pie could not be recognized and I ran out of time :(
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
ravish wrote:
vwjetty wrote:
hahahaha true true. pretty sure in the event if someone did get a 800 he/she would not only need to be a genius but also have some luck as well :-)

I know. I took a GMAT prep , googled every question that came up to see its answer on gmatclub and still couldn't score 800 because square roots and pie could not be recognized and I ran out of time :(

Great idea/move!
Have you seen this thread? un-scientific-analysis-of-gmatprep-64970.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
ravish wrote:
vwjetty wrote:

Great idea/move!
Have you seen this thread? un-scientific-analysis-of-gmatprep-64970.html

Great thread. Thank you for sharing. I was always cynical about the claims that the first few questions weigh only slightly more than those in the rest of the test.

One concern though - I went through most of the thread but didn't see anyone raise the point about the fluff questions that do not count toward your score. I guess, as per the analysis in the thread, it would still be wiser to play it safe and focus on nailing the first few questions but if a few of them turn out to be fluff, it can backfire. Would be nice if they included some fluff in the gmat preps.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
It is not fluff, just experimental questions - they are future questions that will be included in the future tests.

The GMAT Prep is supposed to mimic that behavior and have some experimental questions.
You will not be able to tell which ones are which and they are supposed to impact your performance/score/etc, so you should treat every question as a real question.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 736 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
just want to add one thing
one of the manhattan gmat instructors took the gmat prep as a hobby. He started experimenting with it for a relatively long time and he found that the first questions do weigh more than the rest of the questions but slightly. The bottom line give every question equal time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
It is not fluff, just experimental questions - they are future questions that will be included in the future tests.

The GMAT Prep is supposed to mimic that behavior and have some experimental questions.
You will not be able to tell which ones are which and they are supposed to impact your performance/score/etc, so you should treat every question as a real question.

Yep that was what i meant. Perhaps fluff was not the right word.

Wasn't aware that the GMAT prep contains experimental questions but since those do impact the score, guess it's a moot point.

@elevinity

I think it's fairly obvious now that the first couple questions do weigh more than those on the remainder of the test but, in my opinion, test takers should forget that fact prior to taking the test for a number of reasons:

1) Spending more than 2 minutes on a couple of early questions will put you behind time and thus may distract you from focusing on the question as you are now aware that you have another 30 questions to go and have less than 60 minutes.

2) Later on the test you may come across one of those questions where, after 2 minutes, you are soooo close to getting the answer and need a few extra seconds (less pressure if you fall slightly behind time later on in the test)

Personally, I try to remember the advice Ron (Purewal) gave my class on the day of the final lecture - '2 things to keep in mind - do not spend more than 2 minutes on a question if you are no where close to finding the answer and do not try to analyze a question to assess it's difficulty. For all you know, in both cases, the question may be experiemental; believe that and move on.'
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
lol funniest thread ever.. can't believe this happened such a long time ago!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
I'd like to meet this kid in person and just shake his hand be like "wow, epic fail" :)
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
fake!!!!!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3117 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hands down the most entertaining thread in gmatclub. This post from necromonger is pure gold..
got-a-perfect-gmat-score-800-q51-v52-fake-32839-60.html#p225382

I guess the debrief would make a good source for an AWA essay albeit a very easy one...

There should be a new forum called "Stress Busters" with this thread headlining it.... Definitely deserves a bump...
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Got a perfect GMAT Score: 800 Q51 V52 (Fake) [#permalink]
Kudos
I have waited for this day for so long...

Finally i declare that I have the "PERFECT 800" score (Q60 V60 IR8 AWA6) :2gunfire: unlike this guy. He missed the AWA. What a shame ... :P :lol: :bebe
Also, this guy did not tell you people about the 39th question in QA. That was probability applied in solid geoemtry, where all the choices were in the form of algebraic equations and we had to find the volume and the Curved surface area of a Decagon.

But I knew that the answer to everything is 42 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)
So i just plugged in the numbers and found the option which solved to 42. That was pretty damn easy. hahh

I would like to thank my co-moderators and all the gmatlcub members, without whose help this would not have been possible :-D :P
bb rocks, you all rock, gmatclub rocks and most of all ... this post rocks :-D :circle :panel :woohoo
Had a great time going through this :D :D
All hail pathological liar
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5136 [2]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Funny thing is I used meditation and scored 800 (Q51 V51), and the meditation did work basically the way he said. Seemed as if I could barely get questions wrong, and I buzzed through quant in record time, at least for me. I totally recommend meditation as a way to rock the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 194
Send PM
Pathological liar wrote:
Got a perfect GMAT Score: 800 Q51 V52!
I am stunned! My last test in Nov 2004 was 690. I am speechless. I will write more.

Edit: Moderator Edit:
This report is a fake; the user's name was changed to "Pathological Liar"; it was something else originally
LIARS beware: We have kick ass experts in GMAT CR on the Club :twisted:

He probably wanted attention from people.Wonder what he/she actually is, and what was the actual gmat score of him/her
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
Funny post and great read, was thinking if he was being satirical of people who brag about their GMAT scores and exaggerated it to make this point. Either way, the whole thread was great fun...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6