Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:23 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT Date: 12-27-2011
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT Date: 09-17-2011
GPA: 3.22
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: The 100 day plan to score 740 [#permalink]
@Mr Golfer
I wasn't able to complete RC99. I think that the high difficulty level passages in RC99 are too difficult and lengthy. I did the low and medium difficulty level passages only and I think that I was well prepared for RCs by doing them alongwith OG12 RCs.
Some of the RC99 passages are too convoluted and random but they helped me in understanding complex passages.

@Yogesh
I think that the RCs I got on the GMAT were tougher than the OG12 RCs. There were more on the lines of the last few passages in OG12. SCs were also not as easy as those in OG12 in which you can apply the 2-3 split easily

@York
I don't remember seeing any idioms questions but I may have got one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Awesome score.....Congrats....Due Can You share if any of the above resources Plz?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kotela wrote:
Awesome score.....Congrats....Due Can You share if any of the above resources Plz?

Which resources are you talking about ? You can download the free stuff from here and for the rest of the material, you'll have to buy them as that is copyrighted stuff and gmatclub doesn't allow sharing of those. One of the first ethical lessons-before MBA ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ok if you have any free resources or if you prepared any checklisyts plz do share... Nd i am not talking about copyrighted versions i know that its a crime to use
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kotela wrote:
Ok if you have any free resources or if you prepared any checklisyts plz do share... Nd i am not talking about copyrighted versions i know that its a crime to use

Here are some free resources which I used.
Attachments

Comprehensive Critical Reasoning Guide(3).pdf [840.15 KiB]
Downloaded 174 times

The Tense Tutorial.pdf [1012.22 KiB]
Downloaded 114 times

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot for the resources
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kotela wrote:
Thanks a lot for the resources

You're welcome. All the best ! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Great debrief archimittal. I'm still struggling to maintain consistency in my preparation and unlike you, I invariably miss the targets which I set for myself . Any tips for overcoming this ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hustler22 wrote:
Great debrief archimittal. I'm still struggling to maintain consistency in my preparation and unlike you, I invariably miss the targets which I set for myself . Any tips for overcoming this ?

The best way to achieve your target is to be realistic which setting them.We very often fantasize about setting perfect targets and meeting them perfectly. Such a scenario doesn't work in real life situations. Secondly,I think a better proposition is to have a weekly target which is sub-divided into daily ones so that you stick to the schedule.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Great debrief.Though I'm at the end of my preparation but got a few good tips about what to do before the exam and during it.
By the way, did you also feel this pattern that the last tests in the Manhattan CATs are much easier than the initial ones.I was struggling for time in the initial three and in the last 2 didn't face much difficulty.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
foofighter5 wrote:
Great debrief.Though I'm at the end of my preparation but got a few good tips about what to do before the exam and during it.
By the way, did you also feel this pattern that the last tests in the Manhattan CATs are much easier than the initial ones.I was struggling for time in the initial three and in the last 2 didn't face much difficulty.

Yes, the last 2 exams of MGMAT are easier than the initial ones especially the first one whose quant is especially too difficult. One reason for this maybe that the from the pool of questions which they have, the questions would start getting exhausted as you take the test and by the time you reach the last 2 , you're left with relatively easier questions. But I think that the last two CATs are closer to the GMAT than the initial ones.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Congrats man.. Now I will start the 100 day counter starting tomorrow :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
@archimittal
You're the eptiome of discipline and planning. Hats off to your planning and execution!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 603 [0]
Send PM
Great debrief.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ashima and invincibleforce
Thanks guys. All the best to you all too! Stay put. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Quote:
was actually confused whether I should put this debrief or not. Given that tens of hundreds of debriefs are already present on this forum,I thought that does it make any difference whether I put up another debrief? I thought maybe it doesn't; maybe this post will be just another one posted by another jubilant test taker who wants to flaunt her score. But then I thought of all the great posts which had inspired me here over the last couple of months and thought that if these people would have also thought that they are just adding to the clutter, would I have known the right way to approach the GMAT and would I be this inspired to crack the exam. Maybe not! And that's why I thought of contributing here-maybe a minor contribution it is-but still a contribution.

Glad that you wrote the story..you can't say how many lives you can touch with a simple post :)
I took the GMAT without any plan and focus and score 600 (44,29) and I learned that there was nothing to be ashamed off.. reading your post made me think about making a plan and believing that things can improve if I want them too..so thanks for writing :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sunneysood wrote:
Glad that you wrote the story..you can't say how many lives you can touch with a simple post :)
I took the GMAT without any plan and focus and score 600 (44,29) and I learned that there was nothing to be ashamed off.. reading your post made me think about making a plan and believing that things can improve if I want them too..so thanks for writing :)

Thank you for those words. Your appreciation made me feel that it was worth writing this post. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts