Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 889 [0]
Given Kudos: 354
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [7]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 531 [0]
Given Kudos: 4092
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 620 Q47 V30
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Has anyone taken the Warwick test? [#permalink]
ramshaali90 wrote:
najmat wrote:
Has anyone taken the Warwick test instead of the GMAT? If yes, could you please provide any information on this test? I'm unable to find any info on this online. I would like to know more about the structure of the Warwick test/scoring/level of difficulty. Any information on this would be great!

Hey! I just posted a debrief of my test on another thread so copying the same response here.

Hey - just reporting back (a bit delayed) after my test. The test had three sections - numerical, verbal, and inductive. This would be mentioned in the test email sent as well.

1) Verbal had short passages followed by statements which you have to classify as true, false, or can't say. The same passage lasts for 3-4 questions so I found it easy to read it once and then follow through with the questions. Was quite easy and quite straightforward - only challenge was time but if you're a quick reader it shouldn't be a problem.

2) Numerical section was all around making conclusions around data (graphs, tables, charts etc.). There is no need to remember any of the school math concepts like formula of a circle and all. The test was completely designed to answer your approach to data with questions that may show you a graph of flights increasing at each airport every year and then ask that if the same rate of increase was in year 6, what is the number of flights - just an example of the kind of questions asked. I feel like these were concepts a lot of us manage at work each day (I know I do which helped me) so if you're quick with reading data you should be good. Just a headsup - the time for the numerical section is short so speed is key.

3) Inductive was based on a series of figures with questions on which figure follows the pattern. This is the part where I did most of my prep because I considered it one of my weaker areas. I think the prep helped and the only part where I struggled was time management because I spent too long on the starting questions had to quickly guess the last three.

I looked up some practice SLS tests online and attempted those and watched a few YouTube videos for the inductive section. There are SLS tests available online for both grad school and employment so make sure you practice on the right one!

I personally did not find the tests difficult especially since the criteria was to get a 50% on all sections. My only advice would be to manage your time quickly and guess on questions you get stuck on - just remember you can't go back to previous questions.

I emailed Warwick after finishing my test and they sent me my unofficial scores within 15 minutes and my official unconditional offer three days after that.

Let me know if there are any more questions - happy to help out! :)

Were you not interviewed ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
ShankSouljaBoi wrote:
ramshaali90 wrote:
najmat wrote:
Has anyone taken the Warwick test instead of the GMAT? If yes, could you please provide any information on this test? I'm unable to find any info on this online. I would like to know more about the structure of the Warwick test/scoring/level of difficulty. Any information on this would be great!

Hey! I just posted a debrief of my test on another thread so copying the same response here.

Hey - just reporting back (a bit delayed) after my test. The test had three sections - numerical, verbal, and inductive. This would be mentioned in the test email sent as well.

1) Verbal had short passages followed by statements which you have to classify as true, false, or can't say. The same passage lasts for 3-4 questions so I found it easy to read it once and then follow through with the questions. Was quite easy and quite straightforward - only challenge was time but if you're a quick reader it shouldn't be a problem.

2) Numerical section was all around making conclusions around data (graphs, tables, charts etc.). There is no need to remember any of the school math concepts like formula of a circle and all. The test was completely designed to answer your approach to data with questions that may show you a graph of flights increasing at each airport every year and then ask that if the same rate of increase was in year 6, what is the number of flights - just an example of the kind of questions asked. I feel like these were concepts a lot of us manage at work each day (I know I do which helped me) so if you're quick with reading data you should be good. Just a headsup - the time for the numerical section is short so speed is key.

3) Inductive was based on a series of figures with questions on which figure follows the pattern. This is the part where I did most of my prep because I considered it one of my weaker areas. I think the prep helped and the only part where I struggled was time management because I spent too long on the starting questions had to quickly guess the last three.

I looked up some practice SLS tests online and attempted those and watched a few YouTube videos for the inductive section. There are SLS tests available online for both grad school and employment so make sure you practice on the right one!

I personally did not find the tests difficult especially since the criteria was to get a 50% on all sections. My only advice would be to manage your time quickly and guess on questions you get stuck on - just remember you can't go back to previous questions.

I emailed Warwick after finishing my test and they sent me my unofficial scores within 15 minutes and my official unconditional offer three days after that.

Let me know if there are any more questions - happy to help out! :)

Were you not interviewed ?

I was interviewed. I was asked to take the test when I received the conditional offer after the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
Hey ramshaali90, thank you for sharing the details. This is really helpful :-)

Can you please elaborate:

1) Was the WT comparatively easier and less elaborate than the GMAT?
2) How long did you prepare for the test?
3) Can you share any links/material which you have referred to on your earlier post pertaining to SLS?
4) What did it cost?
5) What was the number of total questions per section and the time allotted per section?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived WBS Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our WBS Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated WBS Forum for all fresh things related to the WBS MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts