GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Haskayne (Calgary) - Class of 2018 - Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Retired Moderator
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Haskayne (Calgary) - Class of 2018 - Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2015, 12:10
Anyone applying to Haskayne? I'd be.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Jones '18
Re: Haskayne (Calgary) - Class of 2018 - Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 11:40
yes I would be applying but I have not started yet
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 10:27
Sohil3 wrote:

Same here Sohil. Would you mind sharing your profile? I'd be submitting the application before the R2 deadline I think.
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 10:27
Sohil3 wrote:

Which other schools are you applying to?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Jones '18

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 11:49
I am planning to apply in Alberta and Calgary as of now.

I currently work in Oil and Gas sector with 5 years of exp

what is your email add?

Sohil
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 13:05
Sohil3 wrote:
I am planning to apply in Alberta and Calgary as of now.

I currently work in Oil and Gas sector with 5 years of exp

what is your email add?

Sohil

That is a good choice as Alberta's primary area of business is oil and gas. All the very best.
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 22:04
Anyone admitted here?
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 20:46
manojsundar1 wrote:
Anyone admitted here?

Congratulations Manoj. :) Good that you have choices now. I decided not to apply to Haskayne.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ACCA
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 11:13
Has anyone got their interview in here? Mine is on the 9th of Feb. I was wondering what kind of questions they would be asking. Thanks is advance!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 12:43
Hey VijayG6387 and manojsundar1 , dudes I got into Haskayne!!!!

I had two interviews last night. the 9th of Feb and GOT TWO ADMITS TODAY!!! YAY! one was for the MBA (Finance) in Haskayne and the other was for the MSc (Finance) at Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business. I can't believe my luck! LOL! I cannot stop smiling! Haskayne gave me like 2 weeks to respond, I don't know what to do though! Mr Manoj here confused me about Haskayne :( I am now getting inclined towards Alberta, but haven't even received their video link yet :(
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 23:55
enywmara wrote:

I had two interviews last night. the 9th of Feb and GOT TWO ADMITS TODAY!!! YAY! one was for the MBA (Finance) in Haskayne and the other was for the MSc (Finance) at Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business. I can't believe my luck! LOL! I cannot stop smiling! Haskayne gave me like 2 weeks to respond, I don't know what to do though! Mr Manoj here confused me about Haskayne :( I am now getting inclined towards Alberta, but haven't even received their video link yet :(

First of all, congratulations on your two admits. Fantastic work. I can understand you must be elated and it is a well deserved excitement. :)
I can only give you pointers and suggestions that I have heard of or come across as part of my research, and request that you take them with a pinch of salt, analyze and make a well informed decision.
My opinion is, do an MBA when you have the option instead of doing an MSc. MBA is better than an MSc and it gives you more to learn and widens your opportunities. MBA is costly, but worth it. I am not sure how feasible it is to an MBA later in your life as you may start to drift away from education when you get older.
Second point is, as far as I've heard, Vancouver does not have much jobs for business studies. So, think again about getting into an MSc at SFU. If it is UBC, the yes, it might be worth it, but SFU, you've got to think of it.
Having said that, Alberta and Calgary apparently are not doing all that great economically, and so jobs might be a little tighter.
Alberta brand is a better choice in my opinion when compared to Haskayne. Drop an email right away to Charlene Patry and/or Christopher Lynch and request them for a status update. It should give you a fair idea.
Finally, your score is great and you'd have a chance at UBC, Schulich, Desautels, McGill, Ivey & Smith. So you should be confident to not rush into MSc at SFU is my thought. You could accept MBA at Calgary, pay the deposit and wait for better options. I guess their deposit should be maximum 2000 CAD. It shouldn't burn a hole in your pocket and will give you confidence to face the other interviews, and get a better offer.
Phew! that was a long piece of crap that I ended up typing. All the best mate.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 08:18
VijayG6387 wrote:
enywmara wrote:

First of all, congratulations on your two admits. Fantastic work. I can understand you must be elated and it is a well deserved excitement. :)
I can only give you pointers and suggestions that I have heard of or come across as part of my research, and request that you take them with a pinch of salt, analyze and make a well informed decision.
My opinion is, do an MBA when you have the option instead of doing an MSc. MBA is better than an MSc and it gives you more to learn and widens your opportunities. MBA is costly, but worth it. I am not sure how feasible it is to an MBA later in your life as you may start to drift away from education when you get older.
Second point is, as far as I've heard, Vancouver does not have much jobs for business studies. So, think again about getting into an MSc at SFU. If it is UBC, the yes, it might be worth it, but SFU, you've got to think of it.
Having said that, Alberta and Calgary apparently are not doing all that great economically, and so jobs might be a little tighter.
Alberta brand is a better choice in my opinion when compared to Haskayne. Drop an email right away to Charlene Patry and/or Christopher Lynch and request them for a status update. It should give you a fair idea.
Finally, your score is great and you'd have a chance at UBC, Schulich, Desautels, McGill, Ivey & Smith. So you should be confident to not rush into MSc at SFU is my thought. You could accept MBA at Calgary, pay the deposit and wait for better options. I guess their deposit should be maximum 2000 CAD. It shouldn't burn a hole in your pocket and will give you confidence to face the other interviews, and get a better offer.
Phew! that was a long piece of crap that I ended up typing. All the best mate.

Wow! Thanks VijayG6387. I am sooo confused right now!!! LOL! I am thinking of taking up both options :P. For starters I really really want to do an MSc in Finance, cuz I want to get into Investment Banking and Maybe do a PhD later on. I applied for the MBA in Calgary for the same reason cuz they had a good Finance selection on their courses, but its only 7 courses I can take :( which is pretty poor when compared to the MSc Finance where I can take all the subjects related to Financial Markets. Problem is if I do an MBA then I have a wider Option when choosing jobs, but the MSc Finance will pretty much narrow down my field of Job Search.

Now the biggest Problem :P. My wife is applying to the same exact universities as I am but in masters courses (non business) which have very late confirmation dates, I would only go to where she is admitted and I am now stuck :( . LOL. I don't know if she will get into calgary or sfu or any other Uni for that matter of fact !

By the way, calgary wants CAD 1500 and have only given me 2 weeks to decide :(
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 10:26
enywmara wrote:

Wow! Thanks VijayG6387. I am sooo confused right now!!! LOL! I am thinking of taking up both options :P. For starters I really really want to do an MSc in Finance, cuz I want to get into Investment Banking and Maybe do a PhD later on. I applied for the MBA in Calgary for the same reason cuz they had a good Finance selection on their courses, but its only 7 courses I can take :( which is pretty poor when compared to the MSc Finance where I can take all the subjects related to Financial Markets. Problem is if I do an MBA then I have a wider Option when choosing jobs, but the MSc Finance will pretty much narrow down my field of Job Search.

Now the biggest Problem :P. My wife is applying to the same exact universities as I am but in masters courses (non business) which have very late confirmation dates, I would only go to where she is admitted and I am now stuck :( . LOL. I don't know if she will get into calgary or sfu or any other Uni for that matter of fact !

By the way, calgary wants CAD 1500 and have only given me 2 weeks to decide :(

Wow! I'm pretty much in the same spot as you. What program in SFU has your wife applied to? My wife has applied to the Msc in Big Data program.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 09:55
VijayG6387 . Education
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2016, 01:50
Has anyone paid for the deposit to Haskayne yet? I have been trying to find a way, but seems that the only way to pay is through a wire transfer. Do they not accept credit cards?
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2016, 03:54
enywmara wrote:
Has anyone paid for the deposit to Haskayne yet? I have been trying to find a way, but seems that the only way to pay is through a wire transfer. Do they not accept credit cards?

I think it's the same case with Schulich too. Only wire transfer option. So you should better consider doing it quickly. Unfortunatel some schools do not accept credit cards.
Intern
Intern
Haskayne (Calgary) - Class of 2018 - Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 02:34
manojsundar1 wrote:
Anyone admitted here?

Hey Guys,

This is Srikant. I have got the admit from Haskayne last week.

Yes, even I had to do a wire transfer. I will be pretty much joining Haskayne for sure, so lets keep in touch if you will be joining as well.

Btw, when you are guys planning on applying for Visa?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 20:47
VijayG6387 wrote:
enywmara wrote:

I think it's the same case with Schulich too. Only wire transfer option. So you should better consider doing it quickly. Unfortunatel some schools do not accept credit cards.

which school are you going to go to?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2016, 00:34
hey guys,

I got an admit to the uni. any facebook group or something
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 23:19
VijayG6387 wrote:
Anyone applying to Haskayne? I'd be.

Guys who are applying for Haskayne Fall 2016 program please let me know
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Haskayne (Calgary) - Class of 2018 - Calling all applicants &nbs [#permalink] 30 Mar 2016, 23:19

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 30 posts ] 

Haskayne (Calgary) - Class of 2018 - Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap