GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 May 2020, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HBS 2+2: Profile Evaluation and Should I apply?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
HBS 2+2: Profile Evaluation and Should I apply?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2020, 04:55
Hi

I am Parth Chhaparwal and I am a final year student at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. I am pursuing a B.Tech. in chemical engineering.

I really wanted to apply for HBS 2+2 but before applying, I wanted to evaluate my profile and see whether applying is even worth it or not.

Firstly, I have a GMAT score of 700 with Q51 V32 IR8 AWA4. I understand that I have a low verbal.

Secondly, my CPI is 7.6 out of 10 on college. I know that its decent but not too much.

Thirdly, I have been placed AT Bain & Co. as an associate consultant which I will be joining in August, 2020.

My scholastic achievements include:

1. Offered admission into the prestigious Indian School of Business’ Young Leaders Programme (ISB-YLP) with a 10% selection rate

2. Scored 700 out of 800 in Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a perfect score in Quant (51/51) & Integrated Reasoning (8/8)

3. Awarded KVPY Fellowship (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana), with a national rank of 86, by Department of Science and Technology

4. Ranked among top 0.1% of 5 million applicants to be conferred with the prestigious NTSE Scholarship by NCERT, Government of India

5. Amongst national top 1% of 50,000 candidates to qualify the National Standard Examination in Chemistry and Astronomy (NSEC & NSEA)

My internship experience includes:

1. I did a summer internship at Dr. Reddy's Laboratory in which I was involved in manufacturing. I was awarded a pre placement offer for my valuable contribution there.

2. I am currently interning at a boutique consulting startup called The Capital Wizards in which I am a research analyst.

My project experience includes:

1. I have done a research project in a topic combining statistics and biology which has now been published in an international journal.

2. I have done a project in research on cancer treatment.

3. I have done 3 more projects under professors of my college.

My leadership experience includes:

I was the overall coordinator of entrepreneurship cell IIT Kanpur. My work there can be described as:

LEADERSHIP

1. Led a 4-tier team of 150 students to encourage and foster entrepreneurship at IIT Kanpur and associated institutes
2. Organized eSummit’18 , the flagship entrepreneurial event with a footfall of over 8000 and budget of INR 2.2 million
3. Affiliated with Alumni Association, IITK to conduct SMC Central & SEE Central with a combined budget of INR 4 million

INITIATIVES

1.Collaborated with over 20 organizations like DST, UNESCO, Startup India, Lava, TiE, Google for campus networking
2. Initiated the Summer Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Program (SUEP) providing startup opportunities for students in
second/third year summers with a monetary support of INR 7 lakhs as well as incubation and mentorship
3. Established Business Week, Hult Prize, Startup Jalsa, and TrackInvest – Investment lab at IIT Kanpur
4. Orchestrated the enactment of Student Entrepreneurship Policy (SEP) and Deferred Placement Policy (DPP)

IMPACT
1. Expanded outreach of E-Cell to more than 450 colleges and over 1.5 lakh individuals across India
2. Accelerated the development of 10 new campus start-ups by providing them mentorship and facilitated prototyping
3. Provided internships in startups to over 60 sophomore students through the Student Internship Program (SIP)
4. Facilitated a campus startup to achieve funding of over INR 1 Crore from the Chief Business Officer of https://gmatclub.com/chat

I think this sums up most of my profile in detail.

I request you to apply ASAP since the deadline is near.

Thank you
Parth Chhaparwal
IIT Kanpur

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: HBS 2+2: Profile Evaluation and Should I apply?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2020, 05:26
Top Contributor
pdchhaparwal wrote:
Hi

I am Parth Chhaparwal and I am a final year student at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. I am pursuing a B.Tech. in chemical engineering.

I really wanted to apply for HBS 2+2 but before applying, I wanted to evaluate my profile and see whether applying is even worth it or not.

Firstly, I have a GMAT score of 700 with Q51 V32 IR8 AWA4. I understand that I have a low verbal.

Secondly, my CPI is 7.6 out of 10 on college. I know that its decent but not too much.

Thirdly, I have been placed AT Bain & Co. as an associate consultant which I will be joining in August, 2020.

My scholastic achievements include:

1. Offered admission into the prestigious Indian School of Business’ Young Leaders Programme (ISB-YLP) with a 10% selection rate

2. Scored 700 out of 800 in Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a perfect score in Quant (51/51) & Integrated Reasoning (8/8)

3. Awarded KVPY Fellowship (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana), with a national rank of 86, by Department of Science and Technology

4. Ranked among top 0.1% of 5 million applicants to be conferred with the prestigious NTSE Scholarship by NCERT, Government of India

5. Amongst national top 1% of 50,000 candidates to qualify the National Standard Examination in Chemistry and Astronomy (NSEC & NSEA)

My internship experience includes:

1. I did a summer internship at Dr. Reddy's Laboratory in which I was involved in manufacturing. I was awarded a pre placement offer for my valuable contribution there.

2. I am currently interning at a boutique consulting startup called The Capital Wizards in which I am a research analyst.

My project experience includes:

1. I have done a research project in a topic combining statistics and biology which has now been published in an international journal.

2. I have done a project in research on cancer treatment.

3. I have done 3 more projects under professors of my college.

My leadership experience includes:

I was the overall coordinator of entrepreneurship cell IIT Kanpur. My work there can be described as:

LEADERSHIP

1. Led a 4-tier team of 150 students to encourage and foster entrepreneurship at IIT Kanpur and associated institutes
2. Organized eSummit’18 , the flagship entrepreneurial event with a footfall of over 8000 and budget of INR 2.2 million
3. Affiliated with Alumni Association, IITK to conduct SMC Central & SEE Central with a combined budget of INR 4 million

INITIATIVES

1.Collaborated with over 20 organizations like DST, UNESCO, Startup India, Lava, TiE, Google for campus networking
2. Initiated the Summer Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Program (SUEP) providing startup opportunities for students in
second/third year summers with a monetary support of INR 7 lakhs as well as incubation and mentorship
3. Established Business Week, Hult Prize, Startup Jalsa, and TrackInvest – Investment lab at IIT Kanpur
4. Orchestrated the enactment of Student Entrepreneurship Policy (SEP) and Deferred Placement Policy (DPP)

IMPACT
1. Expanded outreach of E-Cell to more than 450 colleges and over 1.5 lakh individuals across India
2. Accelerated the development of 10 new campus start-ups by providing them mentorship and facilitated prototyping
3. Provided internships in startups to over 60 sophomore students through the Student Internship Program (SIP)
4. Facilitated a campus startup to achieve funding of over INR 1 Crore from the Chief Business Officer of https://gmatclub.com/chat

I think this sums up most of my profile in detail.

I request you to apply ASAP since the deadline is near.

Thank you
Parth Chhaparwal
IIT Kanpur

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Parth

Thanks for posting. Your profile is good, and you certainly have multiple achievements to your credit. Please consider the following:
- The impact, initiative, and leadership aspects you have mentioned are awesome. You certainly come across as a leader and value-creator. Make sure that your essay reflects that as well. Given the plethora of activities related to entrepreneurship, a bit of a disconnect on why you are choosing consulting and not entrepreneurship after you graduate.
- The internship experiences that you have mentioned are decent but not outstanding. The Bain offer helps, but you will only be taking it up later this year, so only limited credit for that. On scholastic achievements, #1 and #2 you have mentioned don't really count much towards this application. The others do.
- The HBS 2+2 is one of the most competitive programs of its kind. As an Indian applicant, you may find that a 700 GMAT and 7.6 GPA is on the lower side. While schools do look at the Quant and Verbal separately as well, it is the overall score that counts more. This is one factor that would pull your app down a bit.
- Overall, you have only this shot at the 2+2, so it's this or nothing. We don't think your GMAT puts you at a no-go, but please make sure to build a solid app. You have about 7 weeks from here, and if you use them well, you should be able to do that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HBS 2+2: Profile Evaluation and Should I apply?   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2020, 05:26

HBS 2+2: Profile Evaluation and Should I apply?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: wabo22