GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jan 2019, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

HELP: Executive MBA after 8+ Experience in INDIA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
HELP: Executive MBA after 8+ Experience in INDIA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:15
Hi All,
I have 8+ years ex in IT and I am from Bangalore. I tried my best for GMAT till 2014-15 but could not succeed and then due to family priority, I could not proceed. But Now I am trying to wrap up my dream to have MBA move to next level in career
So now I need lots of input as now my margin of error is less and this will be my do or die chance.
I need inputs required on below topics:
1. will it be helpful for me as market dynamics have changed for sure for executive MBA mostly doing in INDIA.
2. How should I approach,
3. Colleges/Institutes I should look for.

So Please pour in your thoughts / views - good or bad does not matter as I need your help.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: HELP: Executive MBA after 8+ Experience in INDIA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:32
Hi soumyaranjandash87,

A number of your prior posts are from almost 2 years ago. Assuming that you have not studied much during that time, it's been over 4 years since you were in 'GMAT study mode.' In 2018, the GMAT went through some structural changes (both the Quant and Verbal sections are now shorter - with fewer questions and less time for each section) it would be a good idea to see how well you have retained your prior knowledge and how you handle the new, shorter format.

As such, you should take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can refamiliarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your current strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) Is your Goal Score still 690+?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 01:04
soumyaranjandash87 wrote:
Hi All,
I have 8+ years ex in IT and I am from Bangalore. I tried my best for GMAT till 2014-15 but could not succeed and then due to family priority, I could not proceed. But Now I am trying to wrap up my dream to have MBA move to next level in career
So now I need lots of input as now my margin of error is less and this will be my do or die chance.
I need inputs required on below topics:
1. will it be helpful for me as market dynamics have changed for sure for executive MBA mostly doing in INDIA.

So Please pour in your thoughts / views - good or bad does not matter as I need your help.

Definitely, it will be helpful. MBA pre prepares you to hit the clouds of management. In addition, you get a professional degree in management. You get to work and establish bonds with the people, who will be handling companies by themselves, and who will be the driving force of the humankind in near future.

Decide a target date within 2 months.
start with Official Guide, iff you haven't done it. Brush up your concepts quickly, within 10-15 days. Then practice questions, or with tests.

I'll suggest you to go for Global MBA and target Universities like, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, If you have a good profile, and Achievements at job, But if you have average profile, then try any of the top 50 Universities, as you have good amount of work experience.(Any of full MBA or Executive. I'll Suggest for full time MBA)

In case, you have decided for Indian programs, then you should target only some old IIMs, ie IIM-A,B,C,L,K,I, or ISB.

P.S.
What was your score last time ?

Let me know, if this answer is helpful. :thumbup:
All The Best
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 09:46
UdayPratapSingh99 : thank you very much for your reply.
I scored 610 last time.
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 09:53
thank you very much for your reply.
I scored 610 last time.

Then it'll be easy for you to revise concepts quickly.
When do you plan to give GMAT?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 09:57
UdayPratapSingh99 : Max by June. I had gone through OGs, Power RC, Aristotle SC 99 and CAT Arun Sharma Maths. Currently, have Magoosh login. But I just started my preparation and last failure ghost is still in me with low confidence :(
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests
HELP: Executive MBA after 8+ Experience in INDIA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 10:13
: Max by June. I had gone through OGs, Power RC, Aristotle SC 99 and CAT Arun Sharma Maths. Currently, have Magoosh login. But I just started my preparation and last failure ghost is still in me with low confidence :(

Haha! You need to win over that ghost. Things get good with time, if you do not give up. You have more than enough time to prepare. If you're dedicated and are able to manage 3-5 hours a day, you can definitely hit one of the top 20 MBAs with this much of work experience.

Jist keep track of your preparation, sometimes we keep preparing in the wrong direction and we do not get to know it unless we take test. So avoid wasting time and energy by taking tests.
In addition, I'll suggest you to read a lot. Believe me, it'll help you a lot. I have experienced it. Now i myself read a book per week and sometimes more.

But first I'll suggest you to go through 2 of the Norman Lewis' books:

1) How to read better and faster(it's more of a training than book).
2) Better English.

For sure, You'll like them.

All the best.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
HELP: Executive MBA after 8+ Experience in INDIA &nbs [#permalink] 14 Jan 2019, 10:13

HELP: Executive MBA after 8+ Experience in INDIA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap