GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2019, 04:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help on choosing and researching MBA programs in CA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.44
Help on choosing and researching MBA programs in CA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2016, 21:49
Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and was wondering which schools had the best programs in CA. I'm currently planning to apply for 2017 cycle. I am looking to transition into finance after my MBA program wanted to see if anyone had insight as to the best programs in CA to apply to in terms of hiring rate and employment after graduation. Looking towards analyst positions either in financial services or within tech. Below is my profile.

School: Mid-tier UC school
Major: Economics
GMAT: 580 (Taking Manhattan Prep course (starting May) and retaking the GMAT in August - hoping to get 700+)
Work Experience: 3 years at a Mortgage Bank (1 year in Customer service, previous 2 in Accounting after promotion)
Extracurricular activities: Community Service organization in college (3 years - held a leadership position within) - recently got back into community service volunteering at a Pet Rescue for the past few months.

At the moment, the schools I had in mind were UCLA, USC, UC Berkeley, and UC Irvine. Would anyone have any other MBA programs that would match what I wanted in a MBA program? I was told that applying to 6 schools including 2 safety schools would be the best idea. I was also wondering about Masters of Finance programs within CA. I'm currently looking at Santa Clara University and their MS Finance program. Does anyone have any information regarding their program (or can recommend any other programs) and job prospects during and after the program? I couldn't find anything on their website.

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
Re: Help on choosing and researching MBA programs in CA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 19:07
Anyone? I was also wondering if anyone had recommendations on schools outside of CA if I were looking to change careers into finance after graduating.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
WE: Consulting (Education)
Help on choosing and researching MBA programs in CA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2016, 10:37
If you are thinking about transitioning to Finance, it will be great if you know what type of job would you like after the MBA because that will help you decide if you apply to top MBA programs such as Stanford, Berkeley, and UCLA or you apply to a Finance program that is less competitive such as Santa Clarita University. Top MBA programs will definitely help you find your dream job after your MBA.

Also, we definitely recommend retaking the GMAT because it will give you a better chance in your application process.

If you are looking for more MBA applications advice, feel free to sign up for a Free consultation.

Best regards,
GMAT Club Bot
Help on choosing and researching MBA programs in CA   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2016, 10:37

Help on choosing and researching MBA programs in CA

new topic post reply Update application status