GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 15:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help with CR Thought procss

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Help with CR Thought procss  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 01:09
Hi Charles,

Firstly, I really appreciate the work and the way you explain verbal concepts.

I am new to the forum , found myself stuck in a place not knowing, how to go about preparing for my verbal section in GMAT.
It was few days back I attended the live session through a link that was posted in gmatclub. this moment I feel THANK GOD I didn't miss it, because right now I feel I can streamline myself to get through the verbal preparation.

So coming to my second reason for this PM, I was going through the video on CR, part 101 and 102, I seem to have got a hang of the critical reasoning structure and how to think about it
1. thinking structurally,
2. looking out for modifiers,
3. No falling in love with the option.

Frankly speaking, I had all the above stated flaws before attending your session. So by second video I was training myself to compel and do as per the list.
Also I have a habit of putting flow charts, which I ignored for a while , now getting back to that, which is giving me more right answers .

I have 2 questions based on the above topic Critical reasoning, considering I m only following your videos to get the skill of CR.
1. I am able to follow the elimination method and cross out three answers very efficiently with the structured thinking , But few times I m noticing the I am missing a slight logic and picking the wrong answer out of the last two. especially when I see the explanation you give in the video later.
In fact the logic I follow in reasoning out is very similar to the explanation u give, but in the last two I m facing difficulty, which I m getting stuck with , its like a just miss of the right answer.
Want you to help me with that, how do I overcome of this problem or hiccup. Sorry if this is a very lame doubt to ask.

2.I am into doing flow charts as I said before. I am timing myself in any CR that I do, but not able to maintain that 2 min time span, it crosses around 3 min , which is scaring me . How should I go about efficiently using my 2 min time per question

Adding to the above queries could you provide me any links or list of questions in CR, that could tune me to answers CR with more precision. I was trying to go through the GMATClub for questions, but as there is a ocean of questions, I seem to be lost or get distracted and end up doing random questions.

Thank you for your time, apologies for the long PM.

Looking forward to your help and guidance.

Sulaikha
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Help with CR Thought procss  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 08:08
Please elaborate what exactly you want to know. What is that video you're talking about?

Non progredi est regredi

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 08:32
I was watchinc critical reasoning part 101 by charles ( gmatninja) you tube channel.i get stuck in few question . Using the elimination method in CR excersise where my last two options. I seem to not able to strike on the exact right answer . But slip it by just a miss. So wanted to know how to choose between both .. like a thought process to differentiate the last two right answers

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
V
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 09:13
Hi sulaikha,

As you're new to the forum and probably did not know how to PM a gmatclub member, Just click "Send PM" right below the user profile and rest is just like posting to forum. Also, to tag someone in a post, prefix the username with @ (just like facebook :D).

But it is better to post if query is such. a post helps to get the attention of all. Now so that this post is noticed by charles - GMATNinja (tagged)!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2018, 19:45
sulaikha wrote:
I was watchinc critical reasoning part 101 by charles ( gmatninja) you tube channel.i get stuck in few question . Using the elimination method in CR excersise where my last two options. I seem to not able to strike on the exact right answer . But slip it by just a miss. So wanted to know how to choose between both .. like a thought process to differentiate the last two right answers
Unless the question is a bad question, there won't be two "right" options. Marking the correct option (or removing the four incorrect options) is going to come down to logic. Keep practicing, and focus on recognizing the common patterns seen in CR and learn from your mistakes.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:07
sulaikha wrote:

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

If you haven't already seen it, this article might help you a bit: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 43170.html. I'm not sure that there's necessarily a "thought process" that will help you distinguish between the last two answer choices -- the question is why are you struggling to differentiate between them in the first place? In most cases, the GMAT will come up with one correct answer and one really tempting wrong answer, so in most questions you'll miss, you'll probably struggle between those last two. And the issue is very likely that you're misreading or misinterpreting something. It can be a very difficult thing to fix, but that article will give you some context on why that happens and what you can do -- both in the short-run and long-run -- to try to fix the issue.

You might also benefit from reading the explanations in our Question of the Day series. All of the QOTDs can be found here, or you could subscribe to the daily RSS feed here. Or subscribe via email here.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your studies!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | Instagram | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help with CR Thought procss &nbs [#permalink] 27 Mar 2018, 10:07

Help with CR Thought procss

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap