Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 396 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.15
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 889 [1]
Given Kudos: 354
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Help with plan for 730+ in 21 days [#permalink]
Kudos
Increasing score by 130 is practically not achievable in my opinion. Of course, there are people who have been able to achieve this feat. Though, you really need to have a very good grasp on the concepts that are tested on GMAT. Score of 600 suggests you don't have that hold.

Track your accuracies in the low, mid and high difficulty level questions. They should be min 100, 90 and 60 to have a chance on 730.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Thanks you so much for your insights! I'll try to better track my work and improve in selective areas. Thanks again!

Posted from my mobile device
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
sjoshi27 wrote:
Hello, this is Snehal. I'm currently scoring around 600. However my target score is 730 and I've my exam in 3 weeks exact. Would be be possible to achieve, and if so any particular strategies I should work on? I would like to improve Verbal especially.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Snehal,

Honestly, improving from 600 to 730 in three weeks would be really difficult. If there is a possibility of rescheduling your test, then I would suggest you to do that. Having said that, I would like to know a few more details before suggesting you how to approach your prep. It would be better if we can get in touch over a call and discuss the same. You can use the below link to get in touch with me.

Click here to schedule a call
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16600 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Snehal,

Your score is decent but not sufficient enough for University admission. You need a comprehensive study plan and disciplinary approach to score 730+.

You can schedule a Free counseling session for 20 mins with one of our experts:https://calendly.com/mathrevolution/1-on-1-session for detailed advice on your current study plans

Time is precious and unstoppable at the same time. To increase the current score by 100+ pointers in less than 3 weeks, follow the following steps:

1. Below are the two useful links we will recommend you to visit on GMAT club to experience the power of DS and IVY approaches

Ultimate Q51 guide: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-ultimate ... l#p1613600

Breakdown of GMAT math questions and types: https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of- ... l#p1641411

2. Take our free diagnostic test and receive a comprehensive study guide by topic. This test will clearly help you understand your weak areas. You can also connect with our expert one to one for a complimentary session to understand the score better. There are also many free materials available in the GMAT Club.

3. Forget the conventional way to solve DS and PS questions and learn the Variable Approach for DS and the IVY approach for PS questions.

4. Register with MathRevolution https://www.mathrevolution.com/member/signup to get access to our 7-day full on-demand course (27 topics, 490 subtopics, and 1,500 questions) for free trial lessons. 700+ level questions https://www.mathrevolution.com/gmat/questionbank are separately available, too. Start with the learning of the concepts. Make a habit of taking notes during the initial learning of the concepts.

5. Also, make a note of various possible combinations to achieve a score of 730. The possible scores will help you track your performance after taking the mock or practice test. It will also help you maintain balance in both the sections, and you will always be in a great position to allot the study hours to a specific area accordingly.

The possible score combinations for 730+: Q should be Q 49, 50, 51, and V should be V42, 41, 40.

6. Take Regular tests as it will reflect the positive change in the score, and hence, your confidence will boost up. Gradually, with the help of mock tests, you will be able to compete with time and, therefore, will be able to learn time-management.

To prepare for Verbal, you can access many study materials from Crack Verbal, e-GMAT, and other test-prep experts for Verbal. You may also refer to Aristotle Grail for sentence correction and GMAT power bank for CR question types. There are also many free materials available (like blogs, posts, pdfs’) on the GMAT club. Follow the same procedure as Math.

In the end, make sure you have an error log for every day, and you may connect with one of our experts to learn the hard concept and approaches.

Keep tracking your performance by attempting the entire mock test regularly in 4 days.

We appreciate your time and patience in reading this reply.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@mathrevolution.com.

Success is within your reach.
Good luck!

Punit Joshi
Math Revolution Team
GMAT Club Bot