It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 23:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hep needed for decision !

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Cornell-Johnson Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2015
Posts: 100
Location: United States (SC)
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GPA: 3.8
WE: Project Management (Insurance)
Hep needed for decision ! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 07:07
Dear fellow members

Please help me making a decision.

I have been admitted to Cornell 1-year MBA and ESADE. I'm waiting decision from Bocconi and Oxford.

My case is that I'm on H-1B and currently working in USA. I'm working with a Fortune 50 company and earning 6 figures. I have already used 4.5 years out of 6 years cap in H-1B. My current employer is processing my GC, but it is just on initial stage. I want to pursue MBA just to accelerate my career growth. I'm interested in 1 year programs only.

Current Scenario -

Cornell 1-year MBA
The deposit deadline is March 1. Classes will start from May. Now, to attend this course, I will have to transfer my H-1 status to F1 by visiting my home country. I will have to spend $120k to complete the course and will get 12 months of OPT. However, I will not be eligible for new H-1B visa, and my new employer will have to use my 1.5 years of H-1B. To continue employment, my employer will have to file GC right from Day 1, which is very unusual. According to some alumni, I will face difficulties in finding such employer.

ESADE -
The deposit Deadline is Feb 15. The cost is $90k. No visa issues as I can just leave USA. However, getting US employer will be an issue. Also, not sure how good is the ESADE brand worldwide.

Oxford -
My interview went well, and I'm getting a positive vibe. Results will be declared on March 9. But by that time, both Cornell's and ESADE's deposit deadline will pass. Oxford is a good brand and the cost will be around $90k. No visa issues here. I might get a US employer.

Boconni -
Waiting decision.

Please suggest what should I do :(
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 2644
Re: Hep needed for decision ! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 14:26
It seems you have a desire to return to your employer potentially so I would lean Cornell here. Consider putting down the deposit then seeing how Oxford shakes out and re-evaluate your options. It seems you won't really have a clear path forward until you hear back from Oxford. But I would at least try and hold on to that Cornell admit in the meantime
_________________

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Hep needed for decision !   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2018, 14:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Hep needed for decision !

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.