GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 21:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

HHL or ESMT

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
HHL or ESMT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2018, 20:25
Hi ! I have secured admits from HHL and ESMT with some scholarships and would like to have your valuable advice to proceed further as I have to make an urgent decision.

1. I'm from IT background professionally with 5years of Work-ex but do have some Digital Marketing freelancing exposure and wish to transition to the same industry. Would a 12 month MBA from ESMT (Jan-Dec 19) be helpful in doing the same than upto a 21 month MBA from HHL with a 3-6 months internship option?
2. I've taken German language classes upto A2 though Listening isn't that good as of now.
2. Fee-wise ESMT is on higher side than HHL.

Thanks and Regards
Ankur

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
D
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests
HHL or ESMT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2018, 23:34
ankur9391 wrote:
Hi ! I have secured admits from HHL and ESMT with some scholarships and would like to have your valuable advice to proceed further as I have to make an urgent decision.

1. I'm from IT background professionally with 5years of Work-ex but do have some Digital Marketing freelancing exposure and wish to transition to the same industry. Would a 12 month MBA from ESMT (Jan-Dec 19) be helpful in doing the same than upto a 21 month MBA from HHL with a 3-6 months internship option?
2. I've taken German language classes upto A2 though Listening isn't that good as of now.

Thanks and Regards
Ankur

Hi ankur9391

Congrats on being accepted on those two schools in Germany.

Regarding HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management it has 90% international students which is fine from cultural standpoint,
HHL has 95% employment rate 3 months after graduation and 83% of recent MBA graduates are working in Germany, meaning it has more local focus.
So you need to decide is it Germany country for you to work after graduation in marketing sector ? During your studies and living in Leipzig you will improve your German skills furthermore, focus on that if you want to stay there and land job in Germany.
That is critically important in German speaking market economy.

HHL 57% salary increase upon graduation and 64,900 € average starting salary with signing bonuses not being included in that amount.

Regarding rankings, HHL is according to Financial Times Top 5 in Germany and #48 in Europe in European Business School Rankings.
The Economist ranks HHL as #1 in Germany for Salary Increase which is great and #8 worldwide in Career Entry Category for your Full-time MBA Ranking.

Apparently HHL is also perceived as great business school for Entrepreneurship in Germany.

It is worth mentioning that on HHL campus there are several great companies that are recruiting like Amazon, Bain, BCG, Citi, Microsoft, DHL, Vodafone etc. + many other German companies like Deutsche Bank, Bosch etc.

Leipzig is great city, very green and cost of living is moderate, where you can find apartment with 1 bedroom outside center for 345.71 € versus 556.58 € for same in Berlin (in average).
If you want to live in center you can in Leipzig for 475.86 € versus capital Berlin for 792.16 € for the same.

Source: Numbeo

ESMT Berlin on the other hand has focus on technology and innovation management, global sustainable business and entrepreneurship. It has 94% international student body which is commendable.

Financial Times ranked ESMT as #2 in Germany and #8 globally for value for money.
Bloomberg Businessweek ranked ESMT as #5 globally in the employer survey and #15 international MBA, meaning that employers do value this school seriously.
ESMT is also the only MBA program in Germany ranked by the Aspen Institute.
ESMT is accredited by AACSB an accreditation body in the USA, AMBA an accreditation body based in the UK and good news is that HHL is also AACSB accredited meaning they both will be recognized and valued in US.

Regarding recruiting ESMT has Corporate presentations during year, special ESMT job-posting platform is available exclusively to ESMT MBA students, Campus interviews, ESMT's annual recruitment day , Consulting projects sponsored by companies and Corporate mentorships.

Finally, ESMT MBA Total tuition + fees is € 43,500 plus recommend students budget €1,000-€1,500 for a month for Berlin living expenses versus HHL MBA € 32,000.

If financing is not an issue for you I would strongly suggest you to go to ESMT MBA, better ranked program better career opportunities.
If not, don't worry HHL MBA will serve you well to land a job especially in Germany.

Hope this helps you to decide !

Your kudos are much appreciated

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Re: HHL or ESMT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2018, 06:25
billionaire wrote:
ankur9391 wrote:

Thanks and Regards
Ankur

Hi ankur9391

Regarding HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management it has 90% international students which is fine from cultural standpoint,
HHL has 95% employment rate 3 months after graduation and 83% of recent MBA graduates are working in Germany, meaning it has more local focus.
So you need to decide is it Germany country for you to work after graduation in marketing sector ? During your studies and living in Leipzig you will improve your German skills furthermore, focus on that if you want to stay there and land job in Germany.

HHL 57% salary increase upon graduation and 64,900 € average starting salary with signing bonuses not being included in that amount.

Regarding rankings, HHL is according to Financial Times Top 5 in Germany and #48 in Europe in European Business School Rankings.
The Economist ranks HHL as #1 in Germany for Salary Increase which is great and #8 worldwide in Career Entry Category for your Full-time MBA Ranking.

Apparently HHL is also perceived as great business school for Entrepreneurship in Germany.

It is worth mentioning that on HHL campus there are several great companies that are recruiting like Amazon, Bain, BCG, Citi, Microsoft, DHL, Vodafone etc. + many other German companies like Deutsche Bank, Bosch etc.

Leipzig is great city, very green and cost of living is moderate, where you can find apartment with 1 bedroom outside center for 345.71 € versus 556.58 € for same in Berlin (in average).
If you want to live in center you can in Leipzig for 475.86 € versus capital Berlin for 792.16 € for the same.

ESMT Berlin on the other hand has focus on technology and innovation management, global sustainable business and entrepreneurship. It has 94% international student body which is commendable.

Financial Times ranked ESMT as #2 in Germany and #8 globally for value for money.
Bloomberg Businessweek ranked ESMT as #5 globally in the employer survey and #15 international MBA, meaning that employers do value this school seriously.
ESMT is accredited by AACSB an accreditation body in the USA, AMBA an accreditation body based in the UK and good news is that HHL is also AACSB accredited meaning they both will be recognized and valued in US.

Regarding recruiting ESMT has Corporate presentations during year, special ESMT job-posting platform is available exclusively to ESMT MBA students, Campus interviews, ESMT's annual recruitment day , Consulting projects sponsored by companies and Corporate mentorships.

Finally, ESMT MBA Total tuition + fees is € 43,500 plus recommend students budget €1,000-€1,500 for a month for Berlin living expenses versus HHL MBA € 32,000.

If financing is not an issue for you I would strongly suggest you to go to ESMT MBA, better ranked program better career opportunities.
If not, don't worry HHL MBA will serve you well to land a job especially in Germany.

Thanks much for so detailed insights! Finances and RoI are indeed great factors to make a decision as well. Also, please respond to the following queries.

1. I'm very confused about the Average Salary concept. Does the location of the College govern the pay packages offered? I see that ESMT has more Average Salary than HHL there.

2. Since transition to a different industry might require some proven experience, so won't an Internship from HHL help me accomplish my goals better ? Furthermore I could get more time to learn the language. How do you assess this situation ?

Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
D
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2018, 05:58
ankur9391 wrote:
billionaire wrote:
ankur9391 wrote:

Thanks and Regards
Ankur

Hi ankur9391

Thanks much for so detailed insights! Finances and RoI are indeed great factors to make a decision as well. Also, please respond to the following queries.

1. I'm very confused about the Average Salary concept. Does the location of the College govern the pay packages offered? I see that ESMT has more Average Salary than HHL there.

2. Since transition to a different industry might require some proven experience, so won't an Internship from HHL help me accomplish my goals better ? Furthermore I could get more time to learn the language. How do you assess this situation ?

Hi Ankur,

1. Of course that location does govern the pay since higher cost of living demands higher salaries, but brand school does govern them even more, locally or globally .

2. Yes, HHL will give you intership experience in new industry and you can use that additional time to improve your German language skills.

If HHL is more suitable for you, go there.

Your kudos are much appreciated

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2018, 06:27
billionaire wrote:
ankur9391 wrote:
billionaire wrote:
[quote="ankur9391"]Hi ! I have secured admits from HHL and ESMT with some scholarships and would like to have your valuable advice to proceed further as I have to make an urgent decision.

Thanks and Regards
Ankur

Hi ankur9391

Hi Ankur,

1. Of course that location does govern the pay since higher cost of living demands higher salaries, but brand school does govern them even more, locally or globally .

2. Yes, HHL will give you intership experience in new industry and you can use that additional time to improve your German language skills.

If HHL is more suitable for you, go there.[/quote]Thanks much for your response! :)

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Operations
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 09:42
Hey Ankur,

Congrats on your admit.
I'm planning to apply for ESMT , can u pls suggest me.

ankur9391 wrote:

Thanks and Regards
Ankur

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2018, 19:37
Due to the intensity of the program, I've heard you won't learn that much German. However, in Berlin you would be better off without German than Leipzig. Berlin also has many more startups and positions than Leipzig. But, that internship is pretty important as well.

Both schools also start at completely different times which is also to consider. Im not sure you'd have much time until HHL starts.

I was also admitted to both programs.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HHL or ESMT &nbs [#permalink] 12 Jul 2018, 19:37

HHL or ESMT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap