Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
HBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.02
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HBS Moderator
Send PM
Re: Hough Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
abhinav11 wrote:
DirtyMagic97 wrote:
abhinav11 wrote:
I have applied on Jan 19 deadline for One year program but due to some reasons my supplement documents reached v late to UF ...

And havent heard back anything from adcom yet neither any change in the status of application.

With one year Program scheduled to start in May , Shall I consider my app as rejected ???

Or DO I have any hopes.

Regards,
Abhinav Sharma

Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of trouble. In my communication with the AdCom I have gathered that they make decisions all the way up until a few weeks before the program begins, so I think you still have hope.

The first step is to contact the admissions office. They are very prompt and very professional. I have been in contact with everyone there and they have all been great. I recommend shooting an email over to Sarah Carlson. She is the Associate Director of Traditional MBA Admissions and she will help you out. Her email is sarah.carlson@warrington.ufl.edu. Hope this helps!

Hey thank you so much DirtyMagic,

I have written to Sarah and have got an automatic reply as she will be out of office till 11th of MArch.

But I have written to admissions team as well hope to hear from somebody soon. I was\am really excited about Hough school :(

You got the admit ?

Thanks,
Abhinav

I am sorry to hear that. Try emailing appstatus@warrington.ufl.edu with your status request. I believe that email will forward your request to the appropriate person. If a decision has not been made on your file, feel free to send a brief email explaining that you are still interested and excited to receive your admissions decision.

I have not received the admit yet. I just wrote the GMAT on March 1st, so I'll be playing the waiting game for a while. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 4: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE:Underwriter (Other)
Send PM
I've started working on my essays. I was wondering how detailed the responses to the short answer question and "tell us about you" sections should be? Should I treat these as essays or are they more informational in nature?
HBS Moderator
Send PM
doggdetroit wrote:
I've started working on my essays. I was wondering how detailed the responses to the short answer question and "tell us about you" sections should be? Should I treat these as essays or are they more informational in nature?

I don't know if there is any one right answer to this question. Essentially, you need to create an attack plan for these essays that you think will help the AdCom distinguish you from other candidates. I had a bit of a mix. A few of my essays are more broad to give the AdCom an idea of how well-rounded I am, while others paint a more specific picture for them to remember.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi DirtyMagic,

Adcom has mailed me that they have sent me decision letter and will be reaching soon at my address.

DO they some times give admit without interview as well ???

or I am dinged for sure ???

I am confused ...

Regards,
Abhinav S
HBS Moderator
Send PM
abhinav11 wrote:
Hi DirtyMagic,

Adcom has mailed me that they have sent me decision letter and will be reaching soon at my address.

DO they some times give admit without interview as well ???

or I am dinged for sure ???

I am confused ...

Regards,
Abhinav S

I cannot make any statements for the AdCom. While I have not personally heard of someone being accepted without an interview, I cannot say it's impossible. Right now, your best bet is to just wait and see. I know it's tough not to read into everything. I'm in the same position. I interviewed last week, and I got an uneasy feeling after I was finished. I am playing the waiting game right now too. Good luck.
HBS Moderator
Send PM
Was dinged last Friday. Would have updated sooner, but I was really upset about it. I interviewed via Skype, and I will never do that again. I recommend no one interview via Skype unless you have no other choice. The member of the AdCom who interviewed me came off as disinterested in what I had to say. In fact, he didn't even have my file on-hand. I know he probably wasn't actually disinterested. It's just the nature of Skype.

Anyways, I have already started preparing for the re-application process. I will be working on improving my GMAT and enhancing my essays this summer. Good luck to all who are still applying. UF is still accepting applications.
HBS Moderator
Send PM
Just a quick update that UF is still accepting applications for both the 1-year and 2-year traditional programs. There is space available if there are any last minute GMAT takers out there.

I suggest contacting the career services department to discuss companies that recruit UF students for internships and employment. UF is huge on fit, as well as what they can offer you. They aren't going to accept a student if they don't think they can help them.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Warrington Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Warrington Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Warrington Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Warrington Forum to dive into all things related to Warrington's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts