Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 18:37 It is currently 20 May 2024, 18:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 1614 [1]
Given Kudos: 83
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1316 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Re: I am stuck [#permalink]
MartyMurray wrote:
Hi thr3at.

The fact that your accuracy is inconsistent indicates that your approaches to answering questions aren't solid enough to reliably get you to correct answers. So, to achieve high accuracy consistently, you likely have to adjust the strategies you're using and how you're practicing.

Have you done anything to prepare other than answered practice questions?

Also, do you do most practice questions timed or untimed?

­Hello Sir, 

Thank you for replying

I am just preparing while solving questions ( I have prepared for a similar competitive exam last year, so that is why I have not taken any Gmat classes. I am just focusing on Solving as many question and giving mocks) 

I do all of my questions using the timer. 

Can you suggest some strategies that worked for you or other aspirants. 

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
thr3at wrote:
­Hello Gmat aspirants,

This happens to me that in some days I am performing way better ( my accuracy is >80% and it doesn't matter the Level of diificulty of the question) and rest of the days my accuracy is around 50-60% ( question from difficulty of 555 to 805+). There is no consistency

I am studying daily approx 3 hoours for 2 months but my scores and accuracy are not improving. 
My routine is I am daily solving 10 CR's 1 RC, 15 QA questions and 10 DI questions. In total I have solve around 775 Questions from Gmat Club. 

I want some suggestions like what can I do so that my accuracy gets better. 

bb MartyTargetTestPrep 
Bunuel

­Hi! This is what worked for me and most of my candidates:

1) Time-based practice sessions (now that you have prepared for 2 months, you should do these sessions on daily basis). For example, you can pick 21 questions of Quant or 23 questions of Verbal and solve them in 45 minutes. For Verbal, you can do a set of 23 CR questions and then 3 long passages of RC and 2 short passages. You will need a different strategy for RC. For long passages, ensure you finish reading the passage and answering all the questions within 6~8 mins. You can do the same for short passage and the time limit should be 4~6 mins
2) Analyze your incorrect and correct answers diligently. Find out the reasons for getting answers incorrect - was it due to careless mistakes, were you running against time, or was there an issue in understanding the concept. For correct answers, ensure you got the reasoning/logic right.
3) Maintain an error log and review it daily to ensure that you are not making the same errors again and again.
4) Identify patterns - Check the specific type of questions you are getting wrong repeatedly (this can be one of the causes in your case - when specific questions are less, your accuracy gets better). Check which questions you spent more time on and whether you got them correct or not.
5) Analyze your mock tests really well. Point 3, 4, and 5 will help you with mocks as well.

These steps will certainly improve your accuracy.

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22276 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
I am stuck [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Since you're experiencing fluctuations in accuracy, it may be helpful to review your approach to each question type. Focus on understanding the underlying concepts and strategies for each question type, rather than simply attempting to solve as many questions as possible. Consider incorporating more targeted practice sessions, where you focus on specific question types or areas of weakness. Quality over quantity can be more effective in improving accuracy and mastering challenging concepts
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Schools: Booth Wharton
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q90 V82 DI82
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi
This means you are not using the right strategy to work on the questions. Focus on solving questions and understanding on why you went wrong and how to correct. It is ok even if you solve less number of questions but this analysis is what helps you to improve in a big way!!

I was also struggling like you at one point. Right guidance from my mentor at e-gmat and diligently following their course content helped me cross my score plateau and finally reach 695. I owe very much to the their pre-thinking skills and master comprhension module in verbal course which helped me move from 60 pc to 80 pc accuracy in hard questions. Do give it a try
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am stuck [#permalink]
It sounds like you're putting in consistent effort, which is commendable! To improve accuracy, consider varying your study routine. Try focusing more on weak areas, seeking explanations for incorrect answers, and practicing with timed mock tests. Remember, progress takes time, Keep pushing forward; with your dedication and effort, you'll shine like a wealthy stars in no time!­
GMAT Club Bot
I am stuck [#permalink]