It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 17:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IE MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
IE MBA Admissions and Related Blogs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2017, 04:31

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

2016 IMBA Career Placement Report [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2017, 04:34
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: 2016 IMBA Career Placement Report
Take a look at where our IMBA graduates are working, and evolving employment trends

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Manager
Manager

IMBA students, Andrea Fouche and Lolita Taub, are one of the top 100 s [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2017, 04:34
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: IMBA students, Andrea Fouche and Lolita Taub, are one of the top 100 students among all the business schools
Being able to do an MBA in one of the best business schools in the world is something very important for many people that are looking into postgraduate education to propel their careers and trigger personal and intellectual growth. It is even more extraordinary if after having been admitted to such a school, one becomes one of the best students of his or her promotion. But, what if you were one of the top 100 students among all the business schools in the world?

Two of our IE IMBA students, Andrea Fouche and Lolita Taub, are part of this group.

Andrea Fouche:

Hometown: Cape Town, South Africa

Why did you choose this business school? I was looking for a one-year full-time MBA program ranked among the top 10 business schools internationally. IE captured my attention for a number of reasons:

• My MBA intake is made up of 91% international students from 62 different countries around the world providing an international network, second to none. Over and above the geographic locations, classmates come from a variety of backgrounds with unique and diverse perspectives, fostering critical thinking and mutual growth.
  • Entrepreneurial/Intrapeneurial mind-set. IE’s IMBA program is innovative and agile, forcing students to evolve and create new ways of thinking. The program dares to be different and fosters an environment of looking beyond your own perspectives, challenging the status quo.
  • The fact that IE is located in Madrid enabled me to experience the IMBA program amidst the culture and vibrant lifestyle that the city offers, making it all the more appealing.
Full interview: http://poetsandquants.com/2017/05/06/2017-best-mbas-andrea-fouche-ie-business-school/

Lolita Taub:

Hometown: Carlsbad, California

What did you enjoy most about business school in general? The people. It’s incredible how much you can learn from the comments in class and the meals, drinks, and coffees you share with a group of some of the most eccentric and talented people from around the world. Their stories empower, their interests and values inspire, and their diversity (55+ countries strong) drives you to think global.

I knew I wanted to go to business school when…I realized that an MBA would allow me to learn from the best and brightest businessmen and women from around the world.”

Full interview: http://poetsandquants.com/2017/05/04/2017-best-mbas-lolita-munos-taub-ie-business-school/

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IE MBA Admissions and Related Blogs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2017, 06:21
i want to study my master degree in MBA faculty ,. but i am getting a bit confused about that ,, __ so what can you suggest me and can u give me such kind of advice about to study bussiness

\sqrt{}

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Inside the program with Stuart Minnaar: [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2017, 02:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Inside the program with Stuart Minnaar:
IMBA 2017 graduate tells his experience about the program.

During the first few days of Launch Week, someone used a phrase that has been resonating with me since: Doing an MBA is like sitting in a cockpit – so many buttons to push! Do you push all the buttons to see what happens, do you only push the ones that you know or do you push the seemingly interesting ones? I think there are 2 types of students navigating the MBA; I am clear on what I want and I want to get clear on what I want. And the button pushing happens accordingly.

As the programme kicked off, I soon realised that I was drinking from a firehose. There definitely was no time to process everything (content from classes, exercises from assignments) and/or do anyone of the non-MBA activities (party, travel, exercise…dare I say have fun). Fortunately, I was in the Type 1 camp, I was clear on what I wanted. This helped as it allowed me to filter to choose in favour of what I needed as oppose to what I thought I wanted. I only pushed the buttons that I needed, and being ok that there are some that I am choosing not to push even though they looked exciting.

This enabled me to remain focussed. It is a 10 month programme, less holidays, breaks and trips, it is an intense 8 month programme. It is very easy to be overwhelmed by the workload and new-ness of it all, blink twice and you will be a staring at elective options 5 months later.

I knew that I wanted to explore how business can be used for the good of people and planet. For this there are a few fundamentals that I believe in:

• I am not comfortable with business as usual: we pursue profit at the expense of people and/or planet. Increase in profit equals success
  • Business is the best vehicle for a society to prosper
  • Businesses that focus on a double-bottom line will outshine competition in the future
  • We need to shift to business as unusual that focus on a more sustainable business model
  • As a business school student, exposing yourself to this shift, places you in an advantageous position for career (and life).

For these reasons, and the desire to get hands on experience in impact investments, I started the student-run impact fund at the school. We grow in early-stage startups by focussing on double bottom-line investments. This has allowed me to meet with most of the top Spanish accelerators (Wayra, Ship2B, Social Next, Unreasonable Institute), business angels, VC (KFund, Samaipata, Cabiedes, JME, Active Investments), other impact funds (Creas, La Bolsa Social, Vivergi, GAWA Capital, Triodos) and law firms (Cuatrecasas, Baker McKenzie, Vivancos). In addition, Fundie has given me a solid stepping stone to the next phase of a career in impact investments.

In closing, I would say: be proactive in getting clear on what you want, take initiative in making things happen, create the opportunities that you need, tap into the resources that you see everyday and push the buttons that you need. With time, you will hit the right one.

To find out more, please visit Stuart’s website.

Manager
Manager

We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 1: Pentagrom [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 04:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 1: Pentagrom
Episode 1: Pentagrom by Lola Garralda

Discover Pentagrom, an app specially designed for music learning that tells you in real-time which notes you’re singing/playing, and where they would be written on a music score. It has been developed by Lola Garralda, 2013 IE Alumni.

IE Entrepreneurs is an IE Business School webshow featuring some of the 250+ startups which every year make up part of IE Business School ecosystem. Also included in the scheme are investors, programmers, public administrations, corporate partners and anyone enthusiastic about promoting entrepreneurship. Our entrepreneurship space, Area 31 can accommodate for up to 100 startup teams every year. It also hosts teams of IE students as they make their business ideas real in Venture Lab (IE’s Startup accelerator) or the Knowledge Incubator.

Manager
Manager

IE Venture Day showcases student start-ups and entrepreneurship [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 07:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: IE Venture Day showcases student start-ups and entrepreneurship
IE Venture Day showcases student start-ups and entrepreneurship

With 28 teams of students and alumni selected to participate, the most recent edition of IE Venture Day was the largest showcase of start-ups in the history of the event.

IE Venture Day is an international start-up competition hosted by IE Business School and the IE Venture Lab, the startup accelerator program housed at the school. Twice a year, current and former students are challenged to develop their ideas for new companies, apps and products into practical business plans. The event, which took place on July 6 in the Fundación Rafael del Pino auditorium, exemplifies the entrepreneurial spirit that IE fosters in all of its schools and programs.

This year, the grand prize went to Octavio Coffee, a personalized coffee subscription service created by students from the International MBA program—Andreia Quercia, Jacob Hudson and Dmytro Kulikov.

“The idea was actually born in the first term as a marketing project. I saw potential in it, and I started developing it in term two, and then we took it to the Start-Up Lab, which brought us here,” explained Ms. Quercia, who delivered the team’s pitch. “I think that in our case having the platform that IE provided us for working on the idea was key, because now we’re a step ahead to getting started.”

During the presentation, Ms. Quercia explained her family’s legacy in the coffee industry (Octavio is the name of her grandfather), and how it inspired her to develop this idea. Octavio Coffee aims to customize a traditional product and target coffee lovers in Germany, Europe’s largest coffee market.

Customers take an online “palate quiz” to determine their preferences for flavor, roasting, grinding and packaging. They then receive personalized coffee right to their door, for a cost of 25-29 euros per month. The coffee beans are directly sourced from farmers to the company’s Berlin factory. Moving forward, the team plans to focus on advertising and marketing on social media to develop brand recognition.

Octavio was one of 10 finalists from the 63 teams who applied and 28 finalists. The group of finalists included eight teams from the International MBA (IMBA), one from the Master in Management (MIM), and one from the Master in Business Analytics and Big Data (MBD). Six of them had developed their ideas in the IE Venture Lab and two were part of the Knowledge Incubator. Both programs are located in Area 31, IE’s entrepreneurship space.

RefundMe, a start-up offering instant VAT refunds for Chinese tourists in France, took home the second place prize in the startup competition. By using passive, ultra-high-frequency RFID tags and scanners, the team is streamlining the frustrating and inefficient process that tourists go through in order to claim VAT refunds. They’ve partnered with luxury brands and travel operators to start the process of digitizing the value chain.

In third place was VeRapy, a virtual reality solution for children with cerebral palsy. The team is combining their own innovative software with biofeedback tracking and virtual reality glasses in order to create virtual experiences that will engage children during the demanding physical therapy process. They’ve already been approached by Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures, and plan to begin by implementing their project in private clinics and tech-driven hospitals.

Special awards were also presented for specific categories. The Big Data award went to InVivo, a wearable health tracking device and web platform that provides non-invasive blood analysis. RefundMe was selected as the Best MIM Team and Octavio Coffee took home the honors for Best IMBA Team.

There was also an audience choice award that was based on live poll. Gastro Ventures came out on top with 30% of the vote, with their proposal for a food hall and culinary concept accelerator. They were closely followed by VeRapy and Octavio Coffee.

The other five finalists were Roomieship, an advanced roommate matching platform; InWine, a customized wine subscription service; Gether, an augmented reality dating app; LetMePark, an app for finding and paying for parking; and Mosaic Brewing, a microbrewery that will repurpose leftover bread to make sustainable beer.

Among the 18 runners up, projects ranged from the real estate industry to the world of vintage watches. There were proposals promoting affordable solar energy, fast-casual Italian food, artificial intelligence, gamified apps, virtual reality physical therapy and more.

Besides the start-up pitches, the event also featured speakers and moderators from the IE Business School faculty including Paris de l’Etraz, Juan José Güemes, Joe Haslam, Peter Bryant, Matthias Tietz, Rachida Justo, Narjisse Dubois and Cristina Cruz. Live music was provided by the band Track Dogs.

Marianne Hoayek presented the keynote address, “Disruptive Entrepreneurship & Innovation Policies: How Banque du Liban is Supporting Start-ups.” As Director of the Governor’s Executive Office at Banque du Liban in Beirut, Lebanon, Ms. Hoayek has been at the forefront of policy changes in the area of entrepreneurship.

She explained the effects of Circular 331, a set of regulations that provides equity financing for start-ups through Lebanese banks. By guaranteeing investment and support for entrepreneurs, Banque du Liban has fostered the growth of Lebanon’s knowledge economy and created an environment conducive to innovation. The bank also hosts the BDL Accelerate Conference in Beirut, an annual tech event that celebrates entrepreneurship.

The keynote address was followed by a panel on “The Rise of Search Funds,” moderated by the IE Venture Capital & Private Equity Club. Participants included Joaquin Cepeda, Simon Webster, Marc Bartomeus and León Bartolomé, professionals who have found success as both searchers and investors.

The panel discussed the potential of search funds, which promote entrepreneurship through acquisition. Searchers look for successful small and mid-size companies with established business plans, and then buy them and take over their management. Investors provide support and guidance throughout the process.

The panelists agreed that search funds can be incredibly lucrative and rewarding, but searchers must be committed, capable, tenacious and open-minded in order to succeed. In Cepeda’s opinion, “Nothing prepares you for it—I think anyone can do it,” and according to Bartolomé, “Now is the time to be an entrepreneur.”

Attendees also heard about the launch of IE Rockets from guest speaker Jolanta Golanowska, Director of Learning and Innovation at IE. The initiative is a residency program designed for late-stage tech start-ups that want to work with IE to reinvent higher education. It combines the benefits of a late-stage accelerator, an initial client and an angel investor, giving projects the extra boost they need to make their concepts reality. Applications for the 2017 program are closed, but Ms. Golanowska encouraged students to apply in future years.

The evening ended with celebration and mingling among the teams and spectators, and plenty of congratulations for the winners. The latest edition of IE Venture Day was a resounding success, and an impressive showcase of the entrepreneurial spirit that sets IE Business School and its students apart.

Manager
Manager

My MBA Graduation- IE Business School, Madrid Spain (8th Business Scho [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 01:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: My MBA Graduation- IE Business School, Madrid Spain (8th Business School in world).. by Avinash Misra

“You have less than 21 thousand days left in life! Make Everyday count !”- Prof Paris (MD IE Venture Lab)

Yesterday, when I came out of Graduation ceremony, there were many thoughts but above line resonating the most in my head! And yes, it’s true indeed, make everyday count!

My 7 room-mates in my college days back in 2006, know how desperately I saw a dream of pursuing MBA from top business school. And, it has been 11 years, but dream comes true in the form of this MBA degree that I received from IE Business School in Madrid that is (for the people who believe in numbers, however I personally believe numbers are just numbers now a days..)-

#1st ranked Business School in Spain

#3rd ranked Business School in Europe

#5th ranked Non-US B-school

#8th ranked Business School in world

As they say, quantify it-

333 days, 39 subjects, 4 terms, Batch mates form 79 countries, 5 entrepreneurial projects, 3 case challenges, 2 Business competitions win, AND one International MBA Degree!

Yes, it has been very compact, diverse, sometimes frustrating, but knowledge-enriching global journey with lifelong memories!

My Top 3
In true McKinsey Style, I will talk in 3’s (McKinsey is very fond of quantifying things in just 3).

My top 3 non-materialistic achievements –

1. Global diverse perspective understanding in business decision making Process
Yes, after this last one year’s roller coaster experience, I am a business leader with big head, with helicopter view, and more than above all- with very strong confidence to work and excel in global and extremely diverse work environment.

If global diversity is a beauty, that is a nightmare too to work with! I believe, if you can excel in a diverse extremely complicated differently motivated set of people, probably you can be champion in any group!

2. Leadership skills- Humility & Humanity
I have learnt from everyone in such a diverse group. Humility is not just about attitude to learn, but also about applying listening skills to full potential! And, as Mahatma Gandhi says “Always think how your work is going to impact end user’s life”, I have noted to apply humanity in my future journey! I have took these two key learning pillars to bolster my future glimmering leadership skills!

3. Entrepreneurial Hands-on!
IE gave me an opportunity to work on many entrepreneurial ventures in varying capacity at various stages during this program.

Failure (Rather learning, not failure) of my own educational venture Novozeal is an integral part of learning process. As I mentioned in my previous articles too, we had to exit from that venture for various reasons, but learning that we got from that venture is significant and very valuable! All thanks to IE!

My top 3 Materialistic achievements during this MBA-

• Siemens Crowd sourcing events award for innovation idea of “cluster of digital twin” for Siemens Turbine division, and recognition along for Microsoft’s IoT Business Challenge win.
  • Education, Skills enhancements with International MBA degree. Yes it matters for most of the business world at least when you are trying to place your foot in the crack!
  • Global Network of Alumni, Intellectual personalities, Professors, amazingly talented classmates.
Last words by Mr John Ridding (CEO-Financial Times)

Now, the beautiful educational journey finishes officially with very interesting lessons rendered by Financial Times CEO-Mr. John Ridding in graduation ceremony. He mentions-

1) Grab the opportunity in time (reference to how FT embraced Digitization in time and survived, won over its rivals).

2) Observe Surfing. How surfer can teach us- Surfer stands still with patience, understands his or her capability, observes waves, and then moves with full energy with calculated moves and rides the waves!

3) Take risks (reference to his won journey when he left FT and went to Korea for journalism).

Friends, leaders, now with so much fast paced learning in last 12 months, with mixed feeling of joy and excitement of new roles, opportunities to lead changes to make this world a beautiful place to live with sustainable growth, I wish all my batch-mates a very best of luck! And some luck to myself to remain attached to my roots and my identity while surfing in new waves of success!

Thanks a lot for your time!

Keep in touch!

-Avinash Chandra Misra

To find out more, please visit Avinash’s website.

Manager
Manager

Inside the program: Business Impact Lab project for January 2017 IMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 04:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Inside the program: Business Impact Lab project for January 2017 IMBA students
IE Business School IMBA students are introduced to their Corporate Challenge at Microsoft Ibérica

On Monday, June 26, Microsoft Ibérica hosted this year’s Corporate Challenge kickoff, where International MBA students at IE Business School learned about the company they’ll be working with over their 5-week Business Impact Lab.

Each year, a different multinational company is selected for the Corporate Challenge. This year, Microsoft agreed to partner with the program, and students will be doing fieldwork related to cloud computing. The event included talks from Microsoft executives, presentations from the program directors, and advice from IMBA alumni.

Dean Erik Schlie kicked off the afternoon with some words of wisdom for the incoming students. “Be professional, proactive, and creative,” he advised. “Use your available tools and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.”

The dean was followed by Lyhe Rotem Ganani, Associate Director of the IMBA, who gave students a warm welcome and explained the program structure. The lab is composed of several modules, including fieldwork (which will take place at Microsoft), mentoring, and a course on design thinking.

Next came a string of speakers from Microsoft who discussed the company’s past, present, and future, and gave a brief overview of cloud computing. Tiago Monteiro, Executive Services Director at Microsoft Spain, and Angel Sáenz, Platform, Development, & Innovation Director at Microsoft Spain, were first to take the stage.

Microsoft began in 1975 when Bill Gates was on a mission to “put a computer on every desk and in every home.” Today, as Tiago and Angel explained, the company aims to reinvent productivity and business processes, make every individual achieve more, and build an intelligent cloud platform.

“Our industry does not respect tradition. It only respects innovation.” These words, from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, explain why there are now over 500 million Windows 10 devices active monthly. According to the presenters, Microsoft uses a growth mindset to develop leaders, and their values include social inclusion, diversity, and an obsession with customer satisfaction.

Next up was José Bonnin, Cloud & Enterprise Business Group Director, who explained the nuts and bolts of cloud computing, a taste of what’s to come for students in the lab. He broke it down into three main types of cloud: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).

Bonnin then discussed Microsoft Azure’s biggest competitors in the cloud industry: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and IBM SoftLayer. He assured the audience, however, that Azure will defeat its competition with the elements that set it apart: its security and its hybrid cloud platform.

He ended by reiterating the relevance of cloud technology. “By 2020, a corporate ‘no-cloud’ policy will be as rare as a ‘no-Internet’ policy is today,” he affirmed. 82 percent of enterprises already have a multi-cloud strategy, and that number is only increasing, so this field is more crucial than ever.

After a five-minute break, Azure and Hybrid Cloud Product Manager Diego Gómez continued the discussion, explaining that “the cloud is not a place, it’s a model.” He spoke about coding and Azure Stack, Microsoft’s new hybrid cloud system. He also gave students insight on Microsoft’s current focuses: customer trust, app innovation, hybrid datacenters, and data-driven intelligence.

Students in the Business Impact Lab are split up into four teams, each representing a distinct market segment: 1) start-ups and accelerators, 2) independent software vendors (ISVs), 3) digital small and medium businesses (SMBs), and 4) spin-offs. Leaders from each team presented an overview of the project and the topics they’ll be covering, from IoT to big data, modern marketing, and cognitive services.

The last to present before the closing remarks and cocktail hour were two alumni who had previously participated in the lab, John and Carin Mazaira. John reminded students that life does exist outside your assigned section, and that this lab allows you to have a social life, despite the program’s rigor. He urged students to take advantage of the social events the school puts on, like the virtual reality zombie game and the speed dating event. Carin’s advice was to embrace the unknown, keep your solution simple, and ask lots of questions along the way.

The Business Impact Lab embraces IE Business School’s core values, allowing students to develop innovative and cross-disciplinary management skills so that they can create real impact from day one in any organization they join post-MBA. Students in the lab acquire the tools they need to question the status quo and implement transformational ideas in a corporate setting.

For IMBA student Lolita Taub, the lab was one of the key factors that drew her to IE Business School. “I wanted to be in tech,” she says. “I see Microsoft as a leader not just in technology but in AI. I’m curious about their culture and how they work.”

In addition to the school’s ranking and international environment, Taub also appreciates how unique its programs are. She sees IE Business School as “a school for quirky people,” an effortless blend of business and liberal arts.

To learn more about the IMBA, visit the program website.

Manager
Manager

Forté webinars for women looking to pursue an MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 07:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Forté webinars for women looking to pursue an MBA
During the month of August, IE Business School, as one of the sponsor schools of Forté Foundation, participated in two webinars aimed at women (mainly in the US) looking to pursue an MBA program abroad.

One of the webinars, called “The Global MBA experience”, was on how women can leverage a global MBA program to pursue a global career or propel their career in North America. During an hour, participants listened to the experience of women who graduated from global business schools and had the chance to learn more about the opportunities that a global business school offers for MBAs. This webinar, moderated by Amber Wigmore Álvarez, IE’s Executive Director of Talent and Careers, was an opportunity to hear from successful MBA alumnae from Forté sponsor schools outside the US who were excited to share their personal experiences with prospective MBA women.

The other webinar, called “Applying to a European MBA program”, had a panel of admissions staff from 4 different European schools talking about some of the key differentiators between pursuing an MBA program home or abroad. The group shared admissions advice with the audience. On behalf of IE Business School, Sheena Mehta, International Development Director for UK & Ireland, shared her recommendations on how to approach the admissions process.

This activity is also part of worldwide IE Women’s Initiative to attract and retain women talent in business and help them advance along their pursuit of success.

The feedback from the attendees defined the most valuable aspects of the webinars as the following:

• Hearing first-hand perspective on thought-process in applying for a Global MBA as well as how the experience itself difference from attending a US school [Global MBA webinar]
  • Diverse set of panelists. Hearing the different perspectives on global MBAs. [Global MBA webinar]
  • Knowing that European schools are also interested in diverse backgrounds of applicant [Admissions webinar]
  • The Q and A about Brexit, and visas [Admissions webinar[/*]
To watch the recording of both webinars, access the links below:

To access other Pre-MBA webinars organized by Forté Foundation, click on this link.

Manager
Manager

IMBA January 2018 Intake – Key Dates [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2017, 07:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: IMBA January 2018 Intake – Key Dates
Please take out your agendas, personal planners and calendars to update the key dates for the International MBA Program that starts in January 2018

KEY DATES JAN 18 IMBA:

Here are the temporary key dates for JAN 2018:

• Opening Ceremony: January 8, 2018

• LAUNCH: 9th – 15th January

• Term 1 & Term 2: January 22nd – June 15th

• Labs: June 25th –July 27th

• Electives : September 3rd – November 28th

• Integrative Final Exercise: 3rd – 4th December

• Graduation Day: December 14, 2018

We will update them as soon as we have news.

**Please note that there are a limited number of places available, which will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. A Spanish level test will be required to confirm registration.

Version en Español:

Preparad vuestras agendas personales o calendarios para actualizar las fechas claves del International MBA Programa que empieza en :

• • Opening Ceremony: 8 Enero, 2018

• LAUNCH: 9 – 15 Enero

• Term 1 & Term 2: 22 Enero – 15 Junio.

• Labs: 25 Junio – 27 Julio.

• Electives : 3 Septiembre – 28 Noviembre.

• Integrative Final Exercise: 3 – 4 Diciembre.

• Graduation Day: 14 Diciembre 2018 
No olvides que nuestro proceso de admisión es continuo, es decir, no tenemos fecha límite de solicitud para ninguna de las dos convocatorias anuales.

Manager
Manager

We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 2: Drive Gum. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2017, 01:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 2: Drive Gum.
Episode 2: Drive Gum by Nazareno Ciccarello.

Drive Gum is a chewing gum which recharges you thanks to its enhanced effect that combines the energizing power of caffeine with scientifically proven effects of chewing by Nazareno Ciccarello.

IE Entrepreneurs is an IE Business School webshow featuring some of the 250+ startups which every year make up part of IE Business School ecosystem. Also included in the scheme are investors, programmers, public administrations, corporate partners and anyone enthusiastic about promoting entrepreneurship. Our entrepreneurship space, Area 31 can accommodate for up to 100 startup teams every year. It also hosts teams of IE students as they make their business ideas real in Venture Lab (IE’s Startup accelerator) or the Knowledge Incubator.

Manager
Manager

GMAT takers IE scholarship [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 08:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: GMAT takers IE scholarship

Are you ready to give your career a boost? Looking to complete a full time program at IE Business School? We are offering this exciting new scholarship, worth up to 40% of total tuition costs.

• Geographic Area: Worldwide
  • Programs of application: Master in Management and International MBA
  • Application deadline: Before the beginning of the program
  • Requirements:
  • Having completed the Online Admission Application towards the aforementioned programs, please note that the Scholarship Committee will not evaluate a candidate’s case until he is admitted to a program.
  • Submit a competitive GMAT always keeping in mind the average GMAT score per program before applying to this scholarship
  • Complete your Financial Aid Application

Manager
Manager

We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 3: Ennomotive. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2017, 06:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 3: Ennomotive.
Episode 3: Ennomotive by Enrique Ramirez

Ennomotive is a start-up that brings an unique way to solve companies’ challenges in their operations through a community of global engineering by Enrique Ramírez IE Alumni.

Manager
Manager

Claves del éxito de la familia empresaria en América Latina [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 03:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Claves del éxito de la familia empresaria en América Latina
Por Cristina Cruz, profesora de gestión emprendedora y empresa familiar del IE Business School.

Si hay algo que distingue a las empresas bajo control familiar del resto de empresas es que para sus propietarios, la generación de riqueza implica no solo la creación de valor financiero, sino también la creación de “valor socioemocional”, que incluye aspectos tales como la preservación del legado o el fomento de la unidad familiar. Y si hay algo que distingue a las familias empresarias latinas del resto es que éstas conceden una importancia mayor a esta “riqueza socioemocional”, tal y como hemos podido comprobar a través de un estudio que hemos realizado desde IE Business School junto a Credit Suisse sobre las “Best Practices” de las familias empresarias latinoamericanas.

El análisis de mas de 200 familias empresarias latinas nos muestra que aquellas más exitosas son las que han conseguido convertir estos aspectos socioemocionales de la familia en una ventaja competitiva para sus empresas. ¿Cómo lo han logrado?

Las familias empresarias exitosas han comprendido que el objetivo tradicional de las familias empresarias de  mantener el control familiar de una empresa de generación en generación ya no es válido como modelo de crecimiento. La rapidez de los ciclos económicos hace que si antes se necesitaban dos o tres generaciones para completar un ciclo, ahora cada generación se enfrenta al reto de reinventar el modelo de negocio. Es por ello que  mientras la mayoría de las familias empresarias ponen su foco en formar sucesores, las familias empresarias de éxito se centran en formar la siguiente generación de emprendedores familiares.

En este proceso de formación de la siguiente generación de emprendedores las familias exitosas se enfocan en trasmitir dos aspectos fundamentales: la mentalidad emprendedora y los valores familiares. El primer aspecto tiene como objetivo fomentar un modelo de crecimiento del patrimonio familiar basado en la innovación. El segundo persigue preservar los aspectos socioemocionales que dotan de una identidad única a las familias empresarias. El equilibrio entre ambos es lo que permite a las familias empresarias exitosas crear valor a lo largo de generaciones.

Lograr este equilibrio no es fácil, ya que en ocasiones pudiera parecer que acciones destinadas a crecer e innovar pueden ser contrarias a mantener las tradiciones familiares. Pero cuando se analiza en detalle las familias empresarias mas exitosas se observa que éstas han convertido el “problema” de gestionar de forma simultanea estos dos ámbitos diferenciados en “el arte de manejar paradojas”, al centrarse en buscar un equilibrio entre aspectos que a priori parecen contradictorios, pero que realmente se complementan entre si.

En este sentido, estas familias exitosas han logrado en primer lugar un balance adecuado entre la INNOVACION Y LA TRADICION, lo que distingue sus modelos de negocio  los de sus competidores por su visión a largo plazo, y por una cultura empresarial basada en valores que crea lealtades entre los empleados y establece relaciones duraderas con los distintos stakeholders clave.

Por otro, han conseguido un equilibrio entre el fomento del EMPREDIMIENTO y de la COHESION familiar entre los miembros de la familia . Y han logrado trasmitir esta filosofía a las siguientes generaciones, perpetuando asi el legado familiar.

La “fatal estadística” augura que solo un 15% de las empresas familiares pasa de segunda a tercera generación y solo un 4% consigue superar la tercera generación con éxito, lo que se traduce en la famosa expresión: Abuelo emprendedor, hijo ingeniero, nieto poeta. En la medida en que las familias logren cambiar de mentalidad y dejen de  considerar el binomio familia-empresa como un problema a resolver para convertirlo en una paradoja a gestionar,  la estadística dejara de tener sentido, y el famoso dicho podrá ser sustituido por el de: “Abuelo entrepreneur (o fundador) , hijo intrapreneur (o innovador dentro de la empresa familiar) , nieto “millenepreneur” (o emprendedor de la generación millenial).

Puedes encontrar el texto original publicado pulsando AQUÍ

Manager
Manager

New LAB in our IMBA: TechLab [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 02:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: New LAB in our IMBA: TechLab
The September 2017 intake is the first to take part in this new Lab. TechLab.

The TechLab will cover these critical aspects:

• Hack the Gap: How new technologies work ( and what’s behind them)
  • Scrap the Cycle: Real life examples of these new technologies
  • Cut the Edge: Advanced development and implementation of technology products
  • Connect the Dots: Analysis and interpretation of the data and patterns that predict future technology trends

For your final Lab project you will propose a technological solution to solve problems that arise in distinct industries. Yo will compete in teams to discover, develop, and apply your proposed technological solution, defending your findings in front of a panel of judges.

Manager
Manager

IE Business School named the most influential brand by LinkedIn [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 02:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: IE Business School named the most influential brand by LinkedIn
IE Business School has been recognized as the most influential brand in Spain in the 2017 Prizes awarded by the Spanish arm of LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with 500 million users, 10 million of them in Spain.

IE Business School received the prize for the Most Influential Brand for the second consecutive year, having competed in the finals against Telefónica and Santander.  The LinkedIn prizes are awarded based on LinkedIn’s Content Marketing Score, which is calculated by measuring the level of interaction of a brand among its audience. The LinkedIn team then evaluates data extracted from the Content Marketing Score to pinpoint the actions that promote interaction with site content. Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño, Executive President of IE University, is very active in this regard, being one of 500 LinkedIn Global Influencers, and the only influencer in Spain.

“We have received this Prize thanks to the efforts of the entire IE community – students, alumni, staff and other stakeholders, as well as to IE’s commitment to quality and innovative content,” says Carlos Saldaña, director of marketing at IE.

The LinkedIn Insights team selected finalists for this edition of the Prizes by examining the impact of over 1,000 Spanish firms that use LinkedIn Talent Solutions, LinkedIn Learning and LinkedIn Marketing Solutions. After analyzing their profiles, the team chose a total of 27 business organizations and 8 business leaders to be the finalists in 11 categories: Top Social Executive, Top Recruiter, Top Selection Team, Top Employer Brand, Upcoming Business Organization, Top Foreign Multinational, Brand with the Biggest Growth in Influence in Spain on LinkedIn, Most Influential Brand in Spain on LinkedIn, and Best Culture of Learning.

See IE Business School on Linkedin at: https://www.linkedin.com/school/740718/

Manager
Manager

IE Winter Regatta 2017 – Lanzarote, Canary Islands [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 08:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: IE Winter Regatta 2017 – Lanzarote, Canary Islands

The IE Sailing Club brings together sailing enthusiasts, both professional and amateurs. If you’ve never been on a yacht before and you want to try, we will gladly take you along, teach you how to be part of the team, how to trim the sail, and show you why sailing is so special. If you’re a born pirate, we attend several regattas of the MBA SAILING LEAGUE. For a change of scenery, we sometimes organize weekend trips away to fun places.

The IE Winter Regatta 2017 took place last March in Lanzarote, Canary islands, Spain. More than 100 Students and Alumni from LBS, INSEAD, RSM and IE came to celebrate together the 5th year of this incredible event organized by the IE Sailing Club

Manager
Manager

Women in Business Conference 2017 – Empowering Women [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 03:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Women in Business Conference 2017 – Empowering Women
Join us for the biggest event of the year – Our Women in Business Conference.

The topic of the conference is “Empowering Women – How to promote the next generation of female leaders”.

In the conference, leading companies will present their initiatives to foster female leadership and female executives will share their experiences.

Confirmed company representatives (complete line up will be announced soon):

– McKinsey & Company

– Pfizer

– Coty

– Merck

– Interbrand

– Coca-Cola

And from IE:

– Santiago Iñiguez – Executive President of IE University

– Yolanta Golanowska – Director of IE Learning Innovation

– Celia de Anca – IE Diversity Advisor and Professor

– Conchita Galdón – Director of Social Innovation at IE.

The ticket price is 10€ and includes drinks and snacks at our Networking Cocktail.

Dress code: Business Casual.

Don’t forget to register in the following link:

https://clubs.ie.edu/iewomen/rsvp?id=300010424

Manager
Manager

We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 5: Ezzing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 04:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 5: Ezzing
Episode 5 by Victor Sancho.

Ezzing offers a large amount of marketing and management tools to any solar power company: landing pages, CRM or even an impressive 3D simulator to check the power anyone could save by installing solar pannels on their roof by Gabriel Pazos.

We are Entrepreneurs – Episode 5: Ezzing   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2017, 04:01

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 22 posts ] 

IE MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap