GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 07:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

IIM Ahmedabad - college life and peers

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.9
IIM Ahmedabad - college life and peers  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 08:36
I have been trying to learn about the culture and environment of the school but GMAT club discussions are seriously lacking such discussions for IIMA which is in stark contrast to global B-schools.

It just seems like another place where people are going to ask my GMAT score with my introduction in every class, where peers will compete to be the teacher's pet, and all you'll learn would be books that you could've read at home while earning your salary.

I know I'm being rude. But trust me when I say this, these ghissus are ruining our education system more than Macaulay could have possibly imagined.

Also, looking at the alums of IIMA PGPX, I see people with good careers get into average ones and people with average careers get into worse. I rejected ISB last year because of similar reasons, now it's time to reject the "best", I guess.

Also, the one making the WhatsApp group, you're worse. People giving their numbers, how could you possibly call yourself managers in today's world? What is wrong with you handing your phone number to strangers on the Internet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.2
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: IIM Ahmedabad - college life and peers  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 20:18
This is a flawless observation. I hope you get the best, but I doubt if there is any college which would suit your perfection. Btw, I would love to hear your definition of Managers. What I think is that Managers are people who can get things done irrespective of the fact that they participate in whatsapp groups, make funny comments, not wear that perfect tie tucked to their neck, not move in a definite direction like horses, etc. Btw your judgement of IIMA is based on your perception. I feel you definitely are too good to be a part of the batch. But there are few normal men/women who may not be seeking that perfection and may find the right fit.
FYI: I created that WhatsApp group. For me, crazy is good. All the best for your future endeavours. Long way to go.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 21:08
carpediemwtf
You are correct in your observation, but that is to be expected in an Indian scenario. In top global B-schools, people who join are already very successful and go there to essentially make friends and expand their network. In IIM A/B/C PGPX programs, the same cannot be said. The average CTC in IIM A PGPX is around Rs 13 lakhs at time of joining with around 8-9 years of work experience, which is less than the average salary of a fresher passing out of even IIM Kashipur (which is ~ CTC Rs 15 lakhs). People are just trying to get a quick boost to their career. Most are guys from IT who are fed up with their current jobs. I think we need to temper our expectations accordingly.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 22:27
To the Author of this thread : As mentioned by some other user, don't join IIM A. It is not worth your perfection.

I am sure you did your research. If not, then you were at fault. If you did the research but you still applied, despite knowing the shortcomings, then dont crib about it.

On a more generic note. Gmat club is the only place where I see people saying : I made it to XYZ college, No 1 in the Universe but I didn't go.
LOL. Seriously, If you didnt go, then it doesn't matter because the learning from that college doesn't reflect anywhere in your life. Don't count it as an achievement, rather ponder , whether you are making the same mistake every year, by applying to another ABC college (No.1 on planet Mars) and then rejecting it.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 15:38
Hitesh and VishWhatever

You are losers.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2018, 15:39
RohitGoku

Kamehameha

GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Ahmedabad - college life and peers &nbs [#permalink] 14 Nov 2018, 15:39

IIM Ahmedabad - college life and peers

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap