GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 13:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM PGPX Profile Evaluaiton

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
IIM PGPX Profile Evaluaiton  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 00:35
Hi,
Can someone evaluate my profile for IIM A PGPX or IIM B EPGP
CGPA: 8.98/10 SRM University
SRM University
GRE 317(Q-159 V-158 AWA 3.5)
Total WorkEx - 6 yrs ( At the time of applying)

Job Profile:

KPMG
Senior Consultant

• Worked extensively on SQL/PLSQL and developed BI platforms using Qlik stack.
• As a consultant need to help the practice identify new sources of revenue from the client by identifying their business problems and providing the best feasible solution
• Managed the complete BI solution suite offered by KPMG. It involved managing all the SQL jobs and development of a new reporting platform using Qlik
• Handled complete data warehouse for the existing BI solution offered by KPMG and devised roadmap to move on-premise data warehouse to Microsoft Azure cloud using BODS as ETL
• Developed a sound understanding of the Microsoft Azure environment
• Developed a sound understanding of different verticals of the client’s business
• Involved in re-engineering business processes, defining KPIs and designing reporting process using Qlikview/Qliksense/Nprinting
• Assisted the team that took the idea of creating a BI platform to monitor sales and supply from concept to creation
• Led the team of 4 people in defining KPI’s and developing the BI tool to track the efficacy of the sales force team and monitoring the sales
• Organized various workshops and training for the users and Mancom members to brief about the new platform developed and their usage

Wipro Tech
Project Engineer

• Part of the Holmes Automation department which developed tools to automate the business process
• Managed database for multiple automation tools developed for various clients
• Worked on optimizing the existing database set up to reduce the run time for processing
• Developed automation tool for RFP(Request For Proposal) widely used by the pre-sales team
• Led the team which developed the reporting tools using Qlikview for clients to monitor their SLA’s and reduce the cost incurred by SLA breach
• Worked as a SPOC for 3 different automation applications rolled out to various accounts
• Organized training and demo session for the client to give them hands-on of the BI tools developed

Extra-Curricular:

• Volunteer in the CSR initiative taken up by KPMG
• Volunteer at The Human Library Bangalore chapter
• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Dual Axis Solar Tracking System”
• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Ultra High-Speed Electronics Circuit Breaker”
• Organized events during the college fest
• Part of the fundraising team for the college fest

Achievements:

• Received fast-track promotion to Consultant in less than 2 years
• Appreciated by the client at KPMG for handling multiple responsibilities with ease
• Received KUDOS in KPMG for handling all the requirement of the client
• Received 2 rating out of 5 for the 2nd time in a row
• Won Inspiring Performer award in Wipro for the automation work done
• Received Made a Difference award in Wipro

Reason For MBA now:
I have been part of the teams which have been managing and using data to derive insights for the CXO's of the company. Now I want to learn the business skill so that I can be a part of the team which will be using these data points for making a decision. I am now aware of how the data is playing a crucial role in changing the landscape of the business world. Since I already have the technical skills to play around with the data I want to move towards the business side to use this skill to make decisions for the companies.

Any inputs will be very valuable for my candidature.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
IIM PGPX Profile Evaluaiton  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 04:22
Hi Rks19101991,

You have a solid profile for PGPX / EPGP. The apparent plus points are :-
1. Good Academic track record
2. Consulting profile with exposure to IT as a domain >> Employable post-MBA
3. Decent GRE score
4. Decent extra-curriculars >> You need to bring out your specific contributions to each cause. What difference did you make?
5. Clarity about post-MBA goals.

We would suggest that you bring out the high-points in your career / academics / other areas to present a strong overall profile for the adcoms. I hope this helps. All the best !

If you need help on any part of the MBA journey, get in touch with us. To help you get started, we offer a free consultation here

Cheers!
Team - TopTier

Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,
SRM University

Job Profile:

KPMG
Senior Consultant

• As a consultant need to help the practice identify new sources of revenue from the client by identifying their business problems and providing the best feasible solution
• Managed the complete BI solution suite offered by KPMG. It involved managing all the SQL jobs and development of a new reporting platform using Qlik
• Handled complete data warehouse for the existing BI solution offered by KPMG and devised roadmap to move on-premise data warehouse to Microsoft Azure cloud using BODS as ETL
• Developed a sound understanding of different verticals of the client’s business
• Involved in re-engineering business processes, defining KPIs and designing reporting process using Qlikview/Qliksense/Nprinting
• Assisted the team that took the idea of creating a BI platform to monitor sales and supply from concept to creation
• Led the team of 4 people in defining KPI’s and developing the BI tool to track the efficacy of the sales force team and monitoring the sales
• Organized various workshops and training for the users and Mancom members to brief about the new platform developed and their usage

Wipro Tech
Project Engineer

• Part of the Holmes Automation department which developed tools to automate the business process
• Worked on optimizing the existing database set up to reduce the run time for processing
• Developed automation tool for RFP(Request For Proposal) widely used by the pre-sales team
• Led the team which developed the reporting tools using Qlikview for clients to monitor their SLA’s and reduce the cost incurred by SLA breach
• Worked as a SPOC for 3 different automation applications rolled out to various accounts
• Organized training and demo session for the client to give them hands-on of the BI tools developed

Extra-Curricular:

• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Dual Axis Solar Tracking System”
• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Ultra High-Speed Electronics Circuit Breaker”

Achievements:

• Appreciated by the client at KPMG for handling multiple responsibilities with ease

Reason For MBA now:
I have been part of the teams which have been managing and using data to derive insights for the CXO's of the company. Now I want to learn the business skill so that I can be a part of the team which will be using these data points for making a decision. I am now aware of how the data is playing a crucial role in changing the landscape of the business world. Since I already have the technical skills to play around with the data I want to move towards the business side to use this skill to make decisions for the companies.

Connect with us here at http://www.toptiermba.org for a free consultation
Follow us for latest updates: Facebook at @toptiermbain || LinkedIN at www.linkedin.com/company/toptiermba
Intern
Intern
B
Re: IIM PGPX Profile Evaluaiton  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 04:52
Good Academic!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 22:30
Hi,

Thank You for the feedback.
Although a better GRE score will only improve my chances of a call, I was in a dilemma to whether work on my profile i.e. to do some online courses to show my interest in MBA and early preparation for it or should I retry GRE again for a better score. Any thoughts around it?

Have you seen anyone getting a convert with a GRE score close to mine?

Regards,
Rahul

TopTierMBA wrote:
Hi Rks19101991,

You have a solid profile for PGPX / EPGP. The apparent plus points are :-
1. Good Academic track record
2. Consulting profile with exposure to IT as a domain >> Employable post-MBA
3. Decent GRE score
4. Decent extra-curriculars >> You need to bring out your specific contributions to each cause. What difference did you make?
5. Clarity about post-MBA goals.

We would suggest that you bring out the high-points in your career / academics / other areas to present a strong overall profile for the adcoms. I hope this helps. All the best !

If you need help on any part of the MBA journey, get in touch with us. To help you get started, we offer a free consultation here

Cheers!
Team - TopTier

Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,
SRM University

Job Profile:

KPMG
Senior Consultant

Wipro Tech
Project Engineer

Extra-Curricular:

Achievements:

Reason For MBA now:

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 23:10
Hi Rks19101991,

Your current GRE score translates to a GMAT score of close to 620-630. It is low, considering the median GMAT scores around 700. At your current score, it will be difficult to get a shortlist for PI round.
Candidates with low GRE / GMAT scores make it only if they bring in something unique to the cohort - for example, entrepreneurship.
We would suggest a retake and target score around 325.

All the best.

Cheers!
Team - TopTier

Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,

Thank You for the feedback.
Although a better GRE score will only improve my chances of a call, I was in a dilemma to whether work on my profile i.e. to do some online courses to show my interest in MBA and early preparation for it or should I retry GRE again for a better score. Any thoughts around it?

Have you seen anyone getting a convert with a GRE score close to mine?

Regards,
Rahul

Connect with us here at http://www.toptiermba.org for a free consultation
Follow us for latest updates: Facebook at @toptiermbain || LinkedIN at www.linkedin.com/company/toptiermba
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM PGPX Profile Evaluaiton   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2020, 23:10

IIM PGPX Profile Evaluaiton

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: fauji