GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 13 Jul 2020, 20:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
IIM Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 02:04
Hi,
Can someone evaluate my profile for IIM A PGPX or IIM B EPGP
CGPA: 8.98/10 SRM University
SRM University
GRE 317(Q-159 V-158 AWA 3.5)
Total WorkEx - 6 yrs ( At the time of applying)

Job Profile:

KPMG
Senior Consultant

• Worked extensively on SQL/PLSQL and developed BI platforms using Qlik stack.
• As a consultant need to help the practice identify new sources of revenue from the client by identifying their business problems and providing the best feasible solution
• Managed the complete BI solution suite offered by KPMG. It involved managing all the SQL jobs and development of a new reporting platform using Qlik
• Handled complete data warehouse for the existing BI solution offered by KPMG and devised roadmap to move on-premise data warehouse to Microsoft Azure cloud using BODS as ETL
• Developed a sound understanding of the Microsoft Azure environment
• Developed a sound understanding of different verticals of the client’s business
• Involved in re-engineering business processes, defining KPIs and designing reporting process using Qlikview/Qliksense/Nprinting
• Assisted the team that took the idea of creating a BI platform to monitor sales and supply from concept to creation
• Led the team of 4 people in defining KPI’s and developing the BI tool to track the efficacy of the sales force team and monitoring the sales
• Organized various workshops and training for the users and Mancom members to brief about the new platform developed and their usage

Wipro Tech
Project Engineer

• Part of the Holmes Automation department which developed tools to automate the business process
• Managed database for multiple automation tools developed for various clients
• Worked on optimizing the existing database set up to reduce the run time for processing
• Developed automation tool for RFP(Request For Proposal) widely used by the pre-sales team
• Led the team which developed the reporting tools using Qlikview for clients to monitor their SLA’s and reduce the cost incurred by SLA breach
• Worked as a SPOC for 3 different automation applications rolled out to various accounts
• Organized training and demo session for the client to give them hands-on of the BI tools developed

Extra-Curricular:

• Volunteer in the CSR initiative taken up by KPMG
• Volunteer at The Human Library Bangalore chapter
• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Dual Axis Solar Tracking System”
• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Ultra High-Speed Electronics Circuit Breaker”
• Organized events during the college fest
• Part of the fundraising team for the college fest

Achievements:

• Received fast-track promotion to Consultant in less than 2 years
• Appreciated by the client at KPMG for handling multiple responsibilities with ease
• Received KUDOS in KPMG for handling all the requirement of the client
• Received 2 rating out of 5 for the 2nd time in a row
• Won Inspiring Performer award in Wipro for the automation work done
• Received Made a Difference award in Wipro

Reason For MBA now:
I have been part of the teams which have been managing and using data to derive insights for the CXO's of the company. Now I want to learn the business skill so that I can be a part of the team which will be using these data points for making a decision. I am now aware of how the data is playing a crucial role in changing the landscape of the business world. Since I already have the technical skills to play around with the data I want to move towards the business side to use this skill to make decisions for the companies.

Any inputs will be very valuable for my candidature.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
V
GMAT: QUANT EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE: Education (Education)
Reviews Badge
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 02:26
Hi Rks19101991

The biggest drawback that I see currently is your Low GRE score. While it's not very low, it's equivalent GMAT score is 620 which is much below the average GMAT score required by IIMs for the executive MBA program.

Personally, I feel that you should consider retaking GRE if that is convenient for a target of 170 in Quant (as expected from Indian Male Engineers) however my opinion will be that you take GMAT with score crossing 700.

Many of our students train for GMAT and take the help of our admissions support to finally convert IIMs every year (some with scholarships too) and all of them make it possible only if their score exceeds 700 for an average amount of experience (like you have) and for Engineering background which you have.

Everything else looks good.!!!

I hope that help!

Here is a testimonial of one of our candidates joining IIM B this year with 25% scholarship

Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,
SRM University

Job Profile:

KPMG
Senior Consultant

• Worked extensively on SQL/PLSQL and developed BI platforms using Qlik stack.
• As a consultant need to help the practice identify new sources of revenue from the client by identifying their business problems and providing the best feasible solution
• Managed the complete BI solution suite offered by KPMG. It involved managing all the SQL jobs and development of a new reporting platform using Qlik
• Handled complete data warehouse for the existing BI solution offered by KPMG and devised roadmap to move on-premise data warehouse to Microsoft Azure cloud using BODS as ETL
• Developed a sound understanding of the Microsoft Azure environment
• Developed a sound understanding of different verticals of the client’s business
• Involved in re-engineering business processes, defining KPIs and designing reporting process using Qlikview/Qliksense/Nprinting
• Assisted the team that took the idea of creating a BI platform to monitor sales and supply from concept to creation
• Led the team of 4 people in defining KPI’s and developing the BI tool to track the efficacy of the sales force team and monitoring the sales
• Organized various workshops and training for the users and Mancom members to brief about the new platform developed and their usage

Wipro Tech
Project Engineer

• Part of the Holmes Automation department which developed tools to automate the business process
• Managed database for multiple automation tools developed for various clients
• Worked on optimizing the existing database set up to reduce the run time for processing
• Developed automation tool for RFP(Request For Proposal) widely used by the pre-sales team
• Led the team which developed the reporting tools using Qlikview for clients to monitor their SLA’s and reduce the cost incurred by SLA breach
• Worked as a SPOC for 3 different automation applications rolled out to various accounts
• Organized training and demo session for the client to give them hands-on of the BI tools developed

Extra-Curricular:

• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Dual Axis Solar Tracking System”
• Part of the research and development team which worked on “Ultra High-Speed Electronics Circuit Breaker”

Achievements:

• Appreciated by the client at KPMG for handling multiple responsibilities with ease

Reason For MBA now:
I have been part of the teams which have been managing and using data to derive insights for the CXO's of the company. Now I want to learn the business skill so that I can be a part of the team which will be using these data points for making a decision. I am now aware of how the data is playing a crucial role in changing the landscape of the business world. Since I already have the technical skills to play around with the data I want to move towards the business side to use this skill to make decisions for the companies.

One-on-One Skype classes l Classroom Coaching l On-demand Quant course l Admissions Consulting

Most affordable l Comprehensive l 2000+ Qn ALL with Video explanations l LINK: Courses and Pricing
Click for FREE Demo on VERBAL & QUANT
Our SUCCESS STORIES: From 620 to 760 l Q-42 to Q-49 in 40 days l 590 to 710 + Wharton l
FREE GMAT Resource: 22 FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CATs LINKS l NEW OG QUANT 50 Qn+VIDEO Sol.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 03:37
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile (25, male):

Education
10th - 90% (CBSE)
12th - 65% (Science stream, Maharashtra State)
Undergrad - 70%; B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from IHM Mumbai (Oldest and top-ranked hospitality education institute in the country)

Work experience: 5 years (60 months)
1. Account Executive at Booking(dot)com (NASDAQ: BKNG; Fortune500): Managing supplier accounts in the assigned region, involves consultative selling, relationship management and improving product adoption. I've also led region & country-level projects for improving the quality of listings on the website [Current]
2. Business Development Executive at Cleartrip(dot)com (Online travel agency): Job role & responsibilities are the same as above. Awarded for 'Exemplary Performance'. [2.4 years]

Certifications
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google)
Project Management (Udemy)

GMAT: Yet to attempt; target score = 680

Thanks in advance
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 10:36
Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,
SRM University

Job Profile:

KPMG
Senior Consultant

Wipro Tech
Project Engineer

Extra-Curricular:

Achievements:

Reason For MBA now:

HI,

Your work experience is good. However, more focus on the business impact of your work, your achievements, and your team / client management skills will make for a strong application as you write your essays and fill the application form. Showing some business orientation (although that' your goal at business school) is always good.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 10:44
Hi athk

While the details mentioned are not much comprehensive, I see that your work experience qualifies to the threshold needed for most good b-schools.

I am unable to comprehend the reasons of such a low GMAT score 680. Unless one of your section (Q and V) is very poor, you don't need to target such a score. Targetting a score above 700 will give enough impetus for you to target good b-schools.

I am not sure what are your target schools so it's hard to comment whether your profile is apt for their requirement or not.

Your academic is average but I am sure things in your work profile can overcome the influence of other non-impressive facts.

Share more detail to get a better feedback. :)

athk wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile (25, male):

Education
10th - 90% (CBSE)
12th - 65% (Science stream, Maharashtra State)
Undergrad - 70%; B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from IHM Mumbai (Oldest and top-ranked hospitality education institute in the country)

Work experience: 5 years (60 months)
1. Account Executive at Booking(dot)com (NASDAQ: BKNG; Fortune500): Managing supplier accounts in the assigned region, involves consultative selling, relationship management and improving product adoption. I've also led region & country-level projects for improving the quality of listings on the website [Current]
2. Business Development Executive at Cleartrip(dot)com (Online travel agency): Job role & responsibilities are the same as above. Awarded for 'Exemplary Performance'. [2.4 years]

Certifications
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google)
Project Management (Udemy)

GMAT: Yet to attempt; target score = 680

Thanks in advance

One-on-One Skype classes l Classroom Coaching l On-demand Quant course l Admissions Consulting

Most affordable l Comprehensive l 2000+ Qn ALL with Video explanations l LINK: Courses and Pricing
Our SUCCESS STORIES: From 620 to 760 l Q-42 to Q-49 in 40 days l 590 to 710 + Wharton l
FREE GMAT Resource: 22 FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CATs LINKS l NEW OG QUANT 50 Qn+VIDEO Sol.
Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 11:02
Hello,

Request you to kindly evaluate my Profile for IIM A PGPX, IIM B EPGP, IIM L IPMX and IIM C MBAEx

Target GMAT Score: 720

Educational Qualification:
Graduation: Completed B-Tech ( IT ) from UPTU with 65 %
12th: 66% ( CBSE )
10th: 65% ( CBSE )

Work Experience:
Total Work Experience: 7.5 Years.
Working as a Senior SAP ABAP Consultant in Fidelis Group.
Previous Companies: TCS and NTT Data.

Extra Curricular:

Hold NCC A Certificate.
Handling Social Media Handle of my Community Non-Profit Organisation.
Volunteering for Teach India Foundation.
Volunteering for Green India Foundation.
Volunteered for Sri Sai Old Age Homes.
Captain of the Corporate Cricket Team.
Played Cricket till University level.
Played Football in CBSE Tournament.
Captained College Football Team.

Lead a Team for Customer Centric Business Transformation, responsible for added customer application enhancement in TCS.
Lead a Team of over 150 employees to raise awareness and importance of Security Protocols in the Project.

Post MBA Goals:
Would like to hone my leadership skills and work in Tech Consulting Company.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 11:09
Hi naveenban

I see your profile and Target score almost a perfect fit for the target schools.

While there are many upsides to your profile which includes
- Rich experience (almost equal to average experience of the existing batch profile)
- Ample extra-curricular and co-curricular activities substantiating your wholistic personality
- Reputed work organizations
- Leadership quotient (leading 150 people workforce)

The downside of your profile is
- Below average GPA in undergrad and school

Things that can increase weight of your application
- Certificate courses in the latest technology (AI, Big Data, Data science etc) that you wish to work on in future (if any)

The downside can be taken care of only by a good GMAT score so 720 GMAT will be able to give the boost that your application demands.

Nicely written essays and a good interview prep is all that you will have to work on to get through the process.

I wish you all the best!!! You may keep me updated of your progress on GMAT and Application and discuss if you require any guidance. :)

naveenban wrote:
Hello,

Request you to kindly evaluate my Profile for IIM A PGPX, IIM B EPGP, IIM L IPMX and IIM C MBAEx

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:

Hold NCC A Certificate.

Lead a Team for Customer Centric Business Transformation, responsible for added customer application enhancement in TCS.
Lead a Team of over 150 employees to raise awareness and importance of Security Protocols in the Project.

Post MBA Goals:

Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 11:27
GMATinsight wrote:
Hi naveenban

I see your profile and Target score almost a perfect fit for the target schools.

While there are many upsides to your profile which includes
- Rich experience (almost equal to average experience of the existing batch profile)
- Ample extra-curricular and co-curricular activities substantiating your wholistic personality
- Reputed work organizations
- Leadership quotient (leading 150 people workforce)

The downside of your profile is
- Below average GPA in undergrad and school

Things that can increase weight of your application
- Certificate courses in the latest technology (AI, Big Data, Data science etc) that you wish to work on in future (if any)

The downside can be taken care of only by a good GMAT score so 720 GMAT will be able to give the boost that your application demands.

Nicely written essays and a good interview prep is all that you will have to work on to get through the process.

I wish you all the best!!! You may keep me updated of your progress on GMAT and Application and discuss if you require any guidance. :)

naveenban wrote:
Hello,

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:

Hold NCC A Certificate.

Post MBA Goals:

Thank you GMATinsight for your inputs.
Will surely keep you updated and will discuss with you the further steps once am done with the GMAT.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 15:54
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile:

Class X: 85.6%
Class XII: 80.6%
Undergrad Information: B.Tech Petroleum Engg. 6l.9% (completed in 4.5 years)
GMAT:Yet to take, target score - 720
Work experience : 8 years (Currently working into M&A Consulting with a Big4 in last two years - have advised clients across the world with good international exposure; have previously worked into knowledge management for 6 years)
Leadership: Led a team of 10 FTE in knowledge management role
Post MBA goals: Want to get into middle management positions in Strategy/M&A advisory consulting

I am looking to pursue Executive MBA with IIM Ahmedabad or Bangalore (PGPX or EPGP resp.). Please evaluate my profile and share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 19:33
MBADecoder wrote:
Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,
SRM University

Job Profile:

KPMG
Senior Consultant

Wipro Tech
Project Engineer

Extra-Curricular:

Achievements:

Reason For MBA now:

HI,

Your work experience is good. However, more focus on the business impact of your work, your achievements, and your team / client management skills will make for a strong application as you write your essays and fill the application form. Showing some business orientation (although that' your goal at business school) is always good.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.
I am worried about my GRE score. Although I checked for the average GRE for IIM A/B and it hovers around 320 ( IIM A- 317 for 2020-2021), I was thinking if I should write it again or should I make my profile stronger as I was planning for some online courses in finance.
Any thoughts around it?

Regards,
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2020, 22:19
Hi ajaykp88,

Your acads are decent, with the pain point being your undergrad GPA. Interestingly, your scores seem to be on a downward spiral from your secondary onwards. Are there strong reasons for that?
We hope you are working on your GMAT score. You should target a score of 700+ to boost your chances of an admit from IIMA PGPX or IIMB EPGP. A strong GMAT score will subvert attention from your GPA.

Your professional experience is your strength. A consulting experience in Big-4 makes you highly employable post-MBA, and you will have contributions to make to your cohort. Having led a team of 10, engaging in client relationships, etc. are all strong points.

If you can really bring out the strength of your profile and bring a decent GMAT score, you have a good chance of making it.

For a comprehensive review, further details will be helpful. Good luck on your GMAT.
If you need help with any part of the journey towards your MBA, do get in touch with us. To help you get started, we offer a free consultation here.

Cheers!
Team - TopTier

ajaykp88 wrote:
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile:

Class X: 85.6%
Class XII: 80.6%
Undergrad Information: B.Tech Petroleum Engg. 6l.9% (completed in 4.5 years)
GMAT:Yet to take, target score - 720
Work experience : 8 years (Currently working into M&A Consulting with a Big4 in last two years - have advised clients across the world with good international exposure; have previously worked into knowledge management for 6 years)
Leadership: Led a team of 10 FTE in knowledge management role
Post MBA goals: Want to get into middle management positions in Strategy/M&A advisory consulting

I am looking to pursue Executive MBA with IIM Ahmedabad or Bangalore (PGPX or EPGP resp.). Please evaluate my profile and share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

Connect with us here at http://www.toptiermba.org for a free consultation
Follow us for latest updates: Facebook at @toptiermbain || LinkedIN at www.linkedin.com/company/toptiermba
GMAT Club Bot
IIM Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2020, 22:19

IIM Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: fauji