Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Calling all Applicants(SEPT 2015 Intake)Class of 2016 [#permalink]
MZAK wrote:
Whatsinaname wrote:
I'm in! :D Singapore campus
AO is SH!

Congratulation , which time zone are you in ?

Thanks I'm based out of india [GMT + 5:30 hours]. Got the call at 15:54 hrs IST.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Got in! Got the call 3 hours ago...Singaporean starting in Singapore campus! AO = JS
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any idea when will admitted people get an official mail communication? And what would be the next steps?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Yes ! Done ! Got the call from AN ! Iranian based in France.... Good luck to rest of you ! I'll start in Fonty...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have any idea about the start date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
It looks like no call has been made to US-based applicants in R3 so far. Maybe later today... Btw my AO is CT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the call from Anne.
Starting Fonty in September (moving from London).
Looking forward to seeing you there!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
no news from CT, guess we will have to wait until tomorow :/
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
How important are travel and education experiences abroad to achieving success in the global economy? That’s almost a trick question, since the answer is a resounding v-e-r-y. The ability to work well internationally with people and cultures other than your own has never been more critical than it is today, and one of the best stepping stones to cross-cultural competence is studying abroad.

CC 2.0 By Fedecomite

Wharton Magazine has published a fascinating article highlighting the recent White House Summit on Study Abroad and Global Citizenship. During that event, First Lady Michelle Obama said studying abroad is “quickly becoming the key to success in our global economy. Getting ahead in today’s workplace isn’t [just] about getting good grades … but about having real experience with the world beyond your borders. Study abroad is about shaping the future of your country and of the world we all share.”

Several travel bloggers and digital media influencers were invited to the event. One such guest, the publisher of WanderingEducators.com Jessie Voigts, says, “Study abroad and gaining international experience are critical to citizens of the world today. In order to compete in the international economy, we need to have an educated, well-traveled, resilient population.”

We’ve covered the subject of studying abroad in the past, and of particular interest were the research findings of Kellogg School of Management Professor Adam Galinsky, who suggested that living abroad boosts creativity.  Together with the study’s lead author William Maddux, an assistant professor of organizational behavior at INSEAD, they conducted five studies to test the idea that living abroad and creativity are linked.

The results showed that the longer students had spent living abroad, the more likely they were to come up with more creative solutions to problems. “Knowing that experiences abroad are critical for creative output makes study abroad programs and job assignments in other countries that much more important, especially for people and companies that put a premium on creativity and innovation to stay competitive,” Maddux wrote. 

Take a look at Lisa Ellen Niver‘s piece, “Make Study Abroad an Education Imperative,” for further thoughts on how international education experiences will help Americans keep pace with other countries in global marketplace.
You may also be interested in:
Living Abroad Boosts Creativity, Say INSEAD & Kellogg Profs

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm in too!

Missed a call from Anne, then called her back myself. Email confirmation should go out tomorrow.

I'm German/Russian, based in Ireland. Best of luck guys, fingers crossed!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
I am in, too.
Best of luck to the ones who are still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.24
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Folks in the west, let's hang tight! It doesn't seem like calls have gone out for South and North America yet. Please post if you do hear any news!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm in!!! Received the call this morning ( ~ 11 am, brazilian time).
I'm from Sao Paulo, pharmaceutical industry...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any Aussie applicants or other applicants with JS as their AO hear?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
orbitray wrote:
Any Aussie applicants or other applicants with JS as their AO hear?

Jasmine Sim called me few hours back but I am based in Singapore...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the call 15hrs ago. Singaporean starting in Singy. AO is JS.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Closing the Books

Morroco Sunrise

One week into the program, we had our first quiz. Then, six weeks later, a frenzy came along: the final exam frenzy.

Only then, when you take a look at practice final exams do you realize the amount of material covered in such a short amount of time. (I heard the second term takes this concept a notch further, with an extra class in the schedule, but I digress. Let’s keep this topic for, perhaps, a few weeks from now.)

We all do an MBA for different reasons. The learning experience, diversification of your network, career promotion, and change in job sectors are a few that often get mentioned. It is essential for you to figure this out so you can sort your priorities, and these can serve as some sort of personal “MBA Handbook” if you will.

Over the program, the learning experience is usually on par with a series of other priorities. The academic experience is usually a setting for attending a multitude of networking or social events: on-campus corporate events and conferences, student clubs, playing a squash competition with your colleagues or even travelling off to a new country with 40 other classmates!

Coming into exams, however, the non-academic activities get brushed on the sidelines, and it’s a great relief to know you can count on classmates to review and explain more challenging concepts during late-night study sessions. It can be a stressful week, but you learn a lot through it, on an academic level as much as on a personal level.

Then you close the books, the exams finish, and the fun begins—rather, the fun continues. Immediately when the last exam finishes, everyone meets at the INSEAD bar and the champagne starts to flow. You discuss excitedly about all the fun that was first term, and all the fun to come in the second one. After all, recruiting for summer internships is right around the corner! Thirty minutes later, it’s already time to get onto that shuttle to the airport, and board a plane to Morocco, Prague, or Bali to enjoy the long weekend before the second term. It promises to be as eventful as the first.

It is in that state of mind that I write these lines, on the plane to Marrakesh to discover a new city, a new culture, a new country. I look forward to sleeping in the desert, straddling a camel and to better get acquainted with my colleagues which I’m sure will quickly become good friends.

Camel Riding is fun!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts